LIVERPOOL v Everton Sun 10th Dec 2.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby algymoon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 am

Klopp is a NUTCASE period, however, some of his faithfully still cannot get this fact, you are clearly can see that from his reaction during and after the match! He has lost the plot totally!!!
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Algymoron - a fluke goal by Willian and an idiotic act by Lovren have cost us 4 points. Please explain how Klopp could have legislated for those events. He was very unlucky not to get 15 points from the last 5 games when he rotated the team. If you want to have ago about his naive team selection (Solanke - Milner - and our fkg useless captain) then I could understand that. THERE IS ONLY ONE FKG NUTCASE AROUND HERE MATE - TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Derby games are not run of the mill types games where you rotate, Derby games are important, certainly to the people who live in this city they are anyway. When you are growing up in Liverpool you only meet two types of fan, Liverpool fans or Everton fans, when you are a kid and you go to school you only meet Liverpool or Everton fans, when you get a job and buy a house you work and live next door to Liverpool and Everton fans. We spend 363 days of the year taking the p[iss] out of each other over football and the other 2 days we spend with a knot in our stomach and our fingers crossed that we win the friggin derby.
To put out a side like that in a game that means so much was an absolute p[iss] take.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm wrote:Algymoron - a fluke goal by Willian and an idiotic act by Lovren have cost us 4 points. Please explain how Klopp could have legislated for those events.

By picking hendo, Milner and Solanke.
That did not help. Had we been full strength, the mistakes would be insignificant as we would have been out of sight by then.
Those sort of errors, a fluke goal or a push in the box happen EVERY single matchday in games across the country. We just couldn't capitalise on our possession, as usual.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm wrote:Algymoron - a fluke goal by Willian and an idiotic act by Lovren have cost us 4 points. Please explain how Klopp could have legislated for those events.

That did not help. Had we been full strength, the mistakes would be insignificant as we would have been out of sight by then.

Before yesterday Solanke had only started 1 premier league game in his entire career, I wouldn't mind but we had Sturridge on the bench as well, if Firmino was tired or carrying a knock (which he wasn't because he came on) then Jurgen should have started with Sturridge. He went into a derby game with our 3rd choice striker when there was f**k all wrong with the other 2.
I actually feel sorry for Solanke, the lad was completely hung out to dry, not only did Jurgen throw him in at the deep end he picks the most uninspiring midfield pairing on our books to play behind the lad. Okay if you surround him with Coutinho, Wijnaldum, Can, Salah, Mane etc etc then fair enough but to pick him then put Milner and Henderson behind him is just taking the p[iss].
The fact all this happened in a derby game just adds insult to injury.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 pm wrote:

Before yesterday Solanke had only started 1 premier league game in his entire career, I wouldn't mind but we had Sturridge on the bench as well, if Firmino was tired or carrying a knock (which he wasn't because he came on) then Jurgen should have started with Sturridge. He went into a derby game with our 3rd choice striker when there was f**k all wrong with the other 2.
I actually feel sorry for Solanke, the lad was completely hung out to dry, not only did Jurgen throw him in at the deep end he picks the most uninspiring midfield pairing on our books to play behind the lad. Okay if you surround him with Coutinho, Wijnaldum, Can, Salah, Mane etc etc then fair enough but to pick him then put Milner and Henderson behind him is just taking the p[iss].
The fact all this happened in a derby game just adds insult to injury.

Sturridge wasn't on the bench yesterday
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

klopptomaniac

Sturridge wasn't on the bench yesterday

He was fit to play though, Klopp f**ked up, he played a weakened side in a derby game and it bit him on the @rse, what's worse he did it on a weekend when 3 of our rivals all dropped points, how often does that happen?
I wouldn't even mind but we could be keeping Coutinho fresh for Barcelona, during the run up to the derby our CEO Peter  Moore, Klopp himself nor Coutinho could confirm that Phil would still be here after the January window closes.
What a friggin joke that will be if he goes, LFC resting our best player in a big derby game just to keep Phil in tip top condition for a club that took the p[iss] out of us in the summer, they even tried to throw a spanner in the works on the eve of our huge CL qualifier against Hoffenheim.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Watched the game back again. To be honest, for all our possession, we didn't really work Pickford that much. The Mane chance where he should have passed the ball and Salah's header were the only real chances and even then we didn't hit the target. The save from Coutinho's free kick was probably the hardest Pickford had to work.

The pen looked incredibly harsh at first but from the ref's position, it does looks like Lovren has pushed Calvert-Lewin and  I can see why it was given.

Key moment was the Mane chance. He passes it, it's game over. Extremely frustrating as make no bones about it, this is a poor Everton team who have been utterly atrocious this season and is gutting they've come to our place and got a point while offering pretty much zilch as an attacking force.
Doeboy

Postby aCe' » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Mane gets a pass for me. He's done a lot for the club so you can ecuse the odd mistake. Klopp and Lovren get all the blame for this one. Klopp gets double blame for persisting with Lovren (not signing CBs in the summer) and for that fcked up team selection and game management.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm

If Klopp is going to rotate we need a bigger squad, Solanke is not an adequate replacement for Firmino for example.

We are back to transfers again on that score, we have a very good team but its not enough and upgrades are still required in a few areas in terms of nailing a better consistency level. Whilst exceptional on our best days stupid decisions like Lovrens petulance will always bring disappointment unfortunately.

Feel Klopp is understanding the extraordinary demands of football in England now but only just really, hes trying to address it by resting people but is still stubborn in the market and too faithful to some, something I feel he needs to overcome before we can truly push on to another level.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 pm

I agree he really needs to ship out the average players we've got and replace them. Our squad has improved a lot but we need further improvement especially in defense if we want to progress.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 pm

All said and done, we played very well overall, although our achilles is not turning possession and pressure into shots on goal. We need to sort that conundrum out, we do it so often 20+ chances, just three on target, tells the whole story.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Seems to me we’ve been undone by poor game management yet again.

Having gone one up, Klopp was expecting Everton to respond with something other than a simple hoof up the park. But it didn’t come. So our ability to hit on the break was limited.

In that case we should have just played it around our back four, drawing them out a bit more. There was no need to chase a second against a team showing zero ambition. They can’t score without the ball.

We can blame Lovren as much as we want, and I do. But, how the hell was there so much space between our defence and midfield? Two punts upfield and they are in our box. Should not be happening.
red_indian

Postby red_indian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Seems to me we’ve been undone by poor game management yet again.

Having gone one up, Klopp was expecting Everton to respond with something other than a simple hoof up the park. But it didn’t come. So our ability to hit on the break was limited.

In that case we should have just played it around our back four, drawing them out a bit more. There was no need to chase a second against a team showing zero ambition. They can’t score without the ball.

We can blame Lovren as much as we want, and I do. But, how the hell was there so much space between our defence and midfield? Two punts upfield and they are in our box. Should not be happening.
red_indian

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 am

red_indian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 pm wrote:Seems to me we’ve been undone by poor game management yet again.

I agree, our game management is absolutely diabolical. Watch how Pep manages the game and compare it with us. Night and day.

Rafa used to do something similar - leave out our best players then bring them on when chasing a game. Klopp should have played the lot, got out of sight then made the subs.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games