Liverpool v everton - Derby day

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:04 am

Liverpool have to secure all 3 points today,against an Everton side that has only won once away from home this season.Houllier will see the absence of £11 million Emile Heskey as a major blow to our attacking threat,whereas I and thousands of others will deem this as a blessing in disguise.Hopefully today's game will be played,primarily,on the floor,with neat passing movements and the silky skills of Kewell can be utillised to great effect,running the depleted Everton defence ragged.I'm sure if all goes well,Michael Owen can notch a couple of goals today and lift a bit of the gloom that has descended over Anfield of late.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:25 am

Merseyside Derby Results from the last 5 seasons

2003/2004 Everton 0-3 Liverpool, Liverpool vs Everton (31/01/04)
2002/2003 Everton 1-2 Liverpool, Liverpool 0-0 Everton
2001/2002 Everton 1-3 Liverpool, Liverpool 1-1 Everton
2000/2001 Everton 2-3 Liverpool, Liverpool 3-1 Everton
1999/2000 Everton 0-0 Liverpool, Liverpool 0-1 Everton

Played 9
Liverpool 5
Draw 3
Everton 1

League Head to Head

Total : Liverpool 62, Draw 53, Everton 54
At Anfield : Liverpool 35, Draw 26, Everton 23
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:09 pm

SHUT UP U MEFF OWZAT!!

WHO NEEDS OPTA WHEN WE HAVE OWZAT? :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:31 pm

Liverpool need three points to stay in the race for the final champions league spot.  i've got a good feeling about this one though
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:01 am

0-0 - amazingly enough. Fortunately Charlton lost and Newcastle conceded a late equaliser so things are pretty much as they were.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:33 am

It was a good game to watch,plenty of chances...at least the other results fell in our favour.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:03 pm

2 WORDS.....................WHAT A GAME................D'OH!!

great result for everton, especially after your second half performance!
........but we also had the chances to finish the game of aswell, i just don't know how that game
finished 0-0 :D

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby catenacio » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:14 pm

dom i dont know how many words it was, but it was certainly more than 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
catenacio

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:51 pm

Having had time to reflect on the game yesterday I can honestly say it was one of the most exciting derby games ever seen at Anfield. There is no doubt that on any other day Liverpool would have won 5-1 and I do not blame the players for that - it was just one of those days.
In fact I have been very critical of the players attitude this season and the managers stubborn refusal to see when things are going badly wrong.
But having said that I was pleased with the passion shown by the players yesterday and the wave after wave of attacks in the second half.
I have gone away from Anfield far too often recently with a feeling of dismay and emptiness, but yesterday I had a sore throat with shouting the lads on and willing them to score a deserved goal. If Owen and Kewell had been firing on all cylinders we would have had a cricket score. But I think they are both class acts and will soon start terrifying teams again soon. The rest of the team, especially Stevie just kept powering forward with little reward but plenty of skill.
So, after a season of criticism and not even a win yesterday I was still totally pleased with the arttitude, skill and passion.
I hope it's not a flash in the pan and that we revert back to the nervous type of football seen previously this season.
But no matter how much criticism they have had this season I am glad they showed the enthusiasm for the game that they showed yesterday.
Please keep it up boys, don't let me post any more criticism - this old ticker can't stand the inconsistency. But well done yesterday!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerraRd17Rob » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm

I think if they had played all day we would'nt of scored..just one of those days...Next week we will put 6 past Bolton:D
GerraRd17Rob

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:34 pm

It was a good game but I feel despite the great football that we played Everton weren't just lucky not to have half a dozen goals scored against them.  Their defence was patchy in parts but was mostly very solid and determined, both sides should have walked away with several more goals but like about five people have said, it was just one of those days...
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Return to Liverpool FC - Games