Liverpool v Everton 5th May 2013 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 am

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 am wrote:Yet the previous game Downing was at the heart of half the goals and this season is only behind Gerrard in assists despite being on the bench for half the season.

Downing has earned himself another season.

He will always let you down and very rarely puts in a good shift. Heartless, passionless, gutless, spineless and bollockless, he needs Fu*king off if we are seriously contesting for CL spot.
It really is that simple
:nod

Yet you weren't saying that after the previous game.

Us not getting a CL spot isn't down to Downing - if we started the season better ( when Downing wasnt playing ) and if we could defend better and stop conceding stupid goals ( again not down to Downing ) then we would be in the race for a CL spot.

Downing has been part of the set up that has outscored 90% of the league and every team since Jan ( ironically when Downing regained his place in the team ) .

He may not be World Class etc blah but he has shown he can produce for us and he isn't one of our problem at the moment.

I was giving credit where its due. But 2 or 3 good (not excellent) games a season is not enough to give him a chance next term for me
I have high standards and when someone like Downing comes along Im wise enough to see what hes about. I dont give a fu'ck whether he has a couple of assists and a goal or 2 here and there. Im talking about his application, attitude and committment.
He is not good enough if we seriously want to challenge. For mid table and coasting yes, of course, but not for real contention
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:24 am

Only 2 teams have scored more than us this season - yet we have let in more goals than 8 other teams - that shows where we need to improve initially.
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 am wrote:Only 2 teams have scored more than us this season - yet we have let in more goals than 8 other teams - that shows where we need to improve initially.

And where will Downing staying fit into that?
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 am wrote:
He will always let you down and very rarely puts in a good shift. Heartless, passionless, gutless, spineless and bollockless, he needs Fu*king off if we are seriously contesting for CL spot.
It really is that simple
:nod

Yet you weren't saying that after the previous game.

Us not getting a CL spot isn't down to Downing - if we started the season better ( when Downing wasnt playing ) and if we could defend better and stop conceding stupid goals ( again not down to Downing ) then we would be in the race for a CL spot.

Downing has been part of the set up that has outscored 90% of the league and every team since Jan ( ironically when Downing regained his place in the team ) .

He may not be World Class etc blah but he has shown he can produce for us and he isn't one of our problem at the moment.

I was giving credit where its due. But 2 or 3 good (not excellent) games a season is not enough to give him a chance next term for me
I have high standards and when someone like Downing comes along Im wise enough to see what hes about. I dont give a fu'ck whether he has a couple of assists and a goal or 2 here and there. Im talking about his application, attitude and committment.
He is not good enough if we seriously want to challenge. For mid table and coasting yes, of course, but not for real contention
:no

Who would you like to replace him with ?

I think it's quite clear that you have a problem with him

Our reason for not winning yesterday wasnt Downing and the reason why we are 7th isn't because of Downing.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 am wrote:Only 2 teams have scored more than us this season - yet we have let in more goals than 8 other teams - that shows where we need to improve initially.

He has been part of the attacking set up that have scored those goals.

You can concentrate and blame Downing if you desire

Ill look at where we actually do have problems
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 am

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am wrote:

Talking to you is like pulling your own teeth
So Downing has no defensive duties, isnt part of our defensive strategy, has fu'ck all to do with protecting our goal?
Is that what youre saying?
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 am

Our reason for not winning yesterday wasnt Downing and the reason why we are 7th isn't because of Downing.

In saying that, Downing was shocking yesterday, even the crowd began to groan at his misplaced passes and efforts that fruited nothing. Couldn't blame them, he was frustrating to watch and predictably had no end product.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 am

Kenny Kan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 am wrote:

In saying that, Downing was shocking yesterday, even the crowd began to groan at his misplaced passes and efforts that fruited nothing. Couldn't blame them, he was frustrating to watch and predictably had no end product.

Well from experience most of the "groans" where for both Sturridge and Johnson. Downing was too concerned with trying to contain Baines.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 am wrote:

So Downing has no defensive duties, isnt part of our defensive strategy, has fu'ck all to do with protecting our goal?

Where exactly am I saying that ? :laugh:

Wow you're desperate.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 am

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:48 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 am wrote:

Well from experience most of the "groans" where for both Sturridge and Johnson. Downing was too concerned with trying to contain Baines.

No. Downing got more than his fair share. He should have been dragged off way before Henderson too.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 am

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:51 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 am wrote:

Where exactly am I saying that ? :laugh:

Wow you're desperate.

:laugh:
Desperately trying to get some sense out of you Mr bell-hend

"He has been part of the attacking set up that have scored those goals.
Ill look at where we actually do have problems"

You didnt mention that he was involved in our defensive play, so exonerating him from any responsibility for our defensive frailties?
Do you understand?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

So you want to involve Downing in the defensive problems ? Do you want to involve the other attackers as well ?

Well I suppose it fits in with your agenda against Downing
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 am

Kenny Kan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:48 am wrote:

No. Downing got more than his fair share. He should have been dragged off way before Henderson too.[/quote]

I guess it appeared different on the telly or stream
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 am

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 am wrote::laugh:

So you want to involve Downing in the defensive problems ? Do you want to involve the other attackers as well ?

Well I suppose it fits in with your agenda against Downing

The thickest tw@t on here by far
You obviously cant understand that part of Downings duties under Rodgers is to assist the defence?
You say you go to the match but you must be lying if you havent noticed this. In fact we have to doubt whether youve watched Liverpool play at all if you are saying he is not involved in tracking back and trying to stop the opposition from scoring against us. Or are you saying his job is only to attack by staying in the opposition's half all game?
Are you really such a cretin?
:Oo:
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

I haven't said anything - you're the one making all the comments and judgements.

You can point out which goals Downing has been at fault for if you wish - that should be no problems for you.

If you want to involve Downing in our defensive problems then you need to ensure its across the board and you include other players.

The majority of our defensive problems have been from set pieces and a lack of an aerial dominant centre back meaning we have suffered against teams that bully us through the middle - a problem that has been very evident through most of our defeats this season - you can blame Downing for that if you want but it's quite clear to most where our problems lie this season.

Or you can just clutch straws and blame Downing

But at the very least try and show you're a mature adult by responding without throwing insults around - it adds nothing to any debate.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games