Liverpool v everton - 16/01/11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 am

This is the first time I,ve started a match thread let's hope it brings a change of fortune.i believe this is our most important derby for years we must win this. The fixture will bring back mixed memories for kenny as this was his last game as manager first time round. Am going for a hard fought 2-1 win
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 am

Wonder what the bookies will offer for 4-4, after all it was the last result Kenny had with us v Everton before he left.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am

We are in desperate need of a win and what better way to get one over your local rivals!

Here is the team I'd like to see...

Reina in goal, he has been our best player this season
Kelly at RB, local lad who knows the rivalry and will be up for it, plus the lad can defend
Soto at CH, he has been out recently but was one of our better defenders earlier on in the season. He's good in the air and a genuine threat from set-pieces.
Agger at CH, he will complement Soto and of course is very good on the deck with the ball.
Wilson at LB, haven't seen the jock play to be honest but he'll be a better bet than Konchesky, Wilson is rated highly and even though I haven't seen him play I think I'd pick him over Aurelio too.

Johnson RM, in my mind the lad has ability and is very threatening going forward as he's slightly suspect defensively I think he'll be perfect at RM and will sure offer more width, threat, ability on the flank than the hapless Kuyt. He would also be decent cover for Kelly.
Merieles, CM he needs to compose himself more but the lad has a good engine and he could yet still turn out to be a good signing for us, even though he's been doubted recently.
Lucas, CM he's the best of a mediocre bunch and for me epitomises the current lac of quality. However the lad always gives 110% and doesn't go missing, long term though those attributes simply aren't enough.
Maxi, he does have a tendancy to go missing and can coast through games, but as we've seen when he wants to he lets you know he's up for it. An intelligent player and worryingly one of our best who can offer the little guile this team currently posseses.

Cole in the hole, if the lad is fit I'd give him a burl in behind Torres, has dissapointed since he's been here but another rare player in our team who offers us some guile upfront.

Torres, I'm sure we'll see Kenny getting much more out of him than Roy. He in my opinion still looks up for the fight no matter how much he whinges, it's his frustration with his teamates I think thats p.issing him off and the lack of genuine support he's had over the last 5 or so months, still a class act.

Reina

Kelly     Soto        Agger     Wilson

Johnson   Merieles      Lucas       Maxi

Cole
                                       Torres
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Cant believe you would have a young untested lad you have never seen play in before Aurelio who is a very good full back.
Fabio all day for me. Especially as that Coleman lad is in good form.
Would also have Kuyt in the side, he is struggling but has done well in derbies in the past and you need grafters like him in games like this.
Cahill is obviously not there which is a plus.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Really wish Stevie and Carra were available!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Cant believe you would have a young untested lad you have never seen play in before Aurelio who is a very good full back.
Would also have Kuyt in the side, he is struggling but has done well in derbies in the past and you need grafters like him in games like this.

I think the fact that I'd have Wilson in over Aurelio and Konchesky speaks volumes of how s.*i*e some of our players are. It's time to blood a couple of youngsters into the game i.e Wilson and Kelly to a lesser extent as they'll probably teach the older players what hunger, desire and passion is, something thats been missing from this team a long while now.

As for Kuyt, well he may be a grafter but his form is shockingly woeful for me and no matter how fiery and 'bitty' this game is, if your playing s.*i*e your watching from the sidelines, especially when you don't offer a great deal anyway.

We've carried too many grafters for too long now, who offer nothing else. When the other lads have a dip in form these grafters (some of them) then stand out and look like amateur footballers and quite frankly, it isn't good enough to merit a place in the team.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Cant believe you would have a young untested lad you have never seen play in before Aurelio who is a very good full back.

I think the fact that I'd have Wilson in over Aurelio and Konchesky speaks volumes of how s.*i*e some of our players are. It's time to blood a couple of youngsters into the game i.e Wilson and Kelly to a lesser extent as they'll probably teach the older players what hunger, desire and passion is, something thats been missing from this team a long while now.

As for Kuyt, well he may be a grafter but his form is shockingly woeful for me and no matter how fiery and 'bitty' this game is, if your playing s.*i*e your watching from the sidelines, especially when you don't offer a great deal anyway.

We've carried too many grafters for too long now, who offer nothing else. When the other lads have a dip in form these grafters (some of them) then stand out and look like amateur footballers and quite frankly, it isn't good enough to merit a place in the team.

I will have to disagree about Fabio, if it wasnt for injuries for me he is one of our better and steadiest players.

I sort of get where your coming from regarding Kuyt and he doesnt deserve to be in the team on current form, totally agree.
However this sort of game does require someone with character and the will to fight and get the team going. He also like i said has a very good goalscoring record in these games. For that reason he is in for me without a doubt.
Any other game and i would have him sitting on the bench due to current form as well.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Would also have Kuyt in the side, he is struggling but has done well in derbies in the past and you need grafters like him in games like this.

I agree about kuyt. however not only has his form dipped, but he's also knackered.  He played 90 mins against utd, and then 76 minutes against Blackpool in midweek (and looked shattered).

Maxi played  60 minutes against utd, and didnt feature at blackpool.

Normally I'd have Kuyt in there over maxi, but form plus the last 2 games, I may opt for maxi this time round.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:21 pm

That's just the thing for me, physically Aurelio is worse than useless otherwise he would have played against Blackpool surely. We need to find someone who's actually steady and fit enough in that position to get some stability. I agree that Kuyt will give you the character factor which is key in a game like this, but on current form the bloke is more likely to set Everton on their way to a couple counter attacks with his dire touch.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ste123lfc » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I've got to the stage where i'm thinking i'm not bothered what we do this season as long as we beat the Bitters. I'm walking round in a state of depression, getting text messages from Mancs and bitters taking the p*ss all the time. Then it dawned on me, this is what it must be like all the time for Evertonians.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 pm

ste123lfc wrote:I've got to the stage where i'm thinking i'm not bothered what we do this season as long as we beat the Bitters. I'm walking round in a state of depression, getting text messages from Mancs and bitters taking the p*ss all the time. Then it dawned on me, this is what it must be like all the time for Evertonians.

:D silver lining?
worcester_red

Postby brentd4 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:24 pm

im brickin myself about this game, and without the liverpool heart playin in gerrard and carragher i honestly cant see us winning this one, come on lads prove me wrong,, ynwa
brentd4

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 pm

we will win this, 2-1 for the reds!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:05 pm

kinell I saw Metalhead posted and thought he'd started the match thread! Phew!  :p
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm

b@stard :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<