LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace Sun 8th Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:20 pm

I remember the footy we played under Roy evans very well. We had a very good attacking side those days. Really could have won the title had the players taken footy a little more serious rather than their image "spice boys".

It does make one think if 4 teams were allowed in UCL then Roy would have done that consistently well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:56 pm

I must be honest here ,I find it amusing that some posters are questioning the level of support that exists inside Anfield ,especially those that never visit the place whether that be due to rising prices or simply geographical proximity ,or  they have just decided not to go anymore.

I think to put it in contrast ,Its like me visiting a Leeds forum then proceed to tell Leeds fans to resurrect the atmosphere at Elland Rd that existed in the 60/ 70's under Revie ,without the football its simply not going to happen ,I mean fans aren't fucking robots and our support isn't obligatory its something the club need to earn ,need to inspire ,need to grow.

Also as regards fans leaving the ground early its been happening for years ,people leave in order to beat the rush that usually ensues after the final whistle    its just now the media are hell bent on highlighting what they conceive as a fracture in the most famous support in England

As soon as football to inspire returns ,then the glue that binds us all as supporters of this glorious football club will return ,lets not question the fans just yet
lads ,its those same fans that are being currently pilloried that  have carried this club on broad shoulders through all the shite we would have been forced to wade through if not for their propensity to travel a ridiculous distance from their homes every match day to throw their support behind a club and owners that have been disproportionate in the amount of affection they have lavished in return.   

I think in truth we were spoilt under Benitez ,along came a man who personified everything we associate with a Liverpool manager ,he carried the traits needed to be spoke of in the same breath as his illustrious predecessors, he gave us back the arrogance that we once had ,and European football revived
Anfield and had it rocking again. Klopp will do similar ,he's cut from the same cloth as Benitez ,managers that merit the reverence they receive .

Anfield will be the place to be soon enough, and fans will be inextricably drawn to it ,exciting times ahead boys ,so lets leave the dissection of our support to the media.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:20 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:I must be honest here ,I find it amusing that some posters are questioning the level of support that exists inside Anfield ,especially those that never visit the place whether that be due to rising prices or simply geographical proximity ,or  they have just decided not to go anymore.

I think to put it in contrast ,Its like me visiting a Leeds forum then proceed to tell Leeds fans to resurrect the atmosphere at Elland Rd that existed in the 60/ 70's under Revie ,without the football its simply not going to happen ,I mean fans aren't fucking robots and our support isn't obligatory its something the club need to earn ,need to inspire ,need to grow.

Also as regards fans leaving the ground early its been happening for years ,people leave in order to beat the rush that usually ensues after the final whistle    its just now the media are hell bent on highlighting what they conceive as a fracture in the most famous support in England

As soon as football to inspire returns ,then the glue that binds us all as supporters of this glorious football club will return ,lets not question the fans just yet
lads ,its those same fans that are being currently pilloried that  have carried this club on broad shoulders through all the shite we would have been forced to wade through if not for their propensity to travel a ridiculous distance from their homes every match day to throw their support behind a club and owners that have been disproportionate in the amount of affection they have lavished in return.   

I think in truth we were spoilt under Benitez ,along came a man who personified everything we associate with a Liverpool manager ,he carried the traits needed to be spoke of in the same breath as his illustrious predecessors, he gave us back the arrogance that we once had ,and European football revived
Anfield and had it rocking again. Klopp will do similar ,he's cut from the same cloth as Benitez ,managers that merit the reverence they receive .

Anfield will be the place to be soon enough, and fans will be inextricably drawn to it ,exciting times ahead boys ,so lets leave the dissection of our support to the media.

Strange post ,what do you mean the "Club Need to Earn" Our support? This is YOUR club you cheer or Boo the opponent to inspire YOUR players...If the Fans can't be bothered to raise their voices in the opening days under Klopp then why even go to the game? Most of the teams in the League have no chance in winning anything yet you see and hear their fan base jump up and down and making sure they are heard ,Nobody owes us trophies but cheer the lads if they are giving their best. As to the early leaving that's just pathetic why in the world would you risk missing on your team goal just to save 10-20 minutes in traffic? it's just stupid.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:38 am

only me » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:20 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:I must be honest here ,I find it amusing that some posters are questioning the level of support that exists inside Anfield ,especially those that never visit the place whether that be due to rising prices or simply geographical proximity ,or  they have just decided not to go anymore.

Strange post ,what do you mean the "Club Need to Earn" Our support? This is YOUR club you cheer or Boo the opponent to inspire YOUR players...If the Fans can't be bothered to raise their voices in the opening days under Klopp then why even go to the game? Most of the teams in the League have no chance in winning anything yet you see and hear their fan base jump up and down and making sure they are heard ,Nobody owes us trophies but cheer the lads if they are giving their best. As to the early leaving that's just pathetic why in the world would you risk missing on your team goal just to save 10-20 minutes in traffic? it's just stupid.

It's easy for you to say it's stupid to leave early but Anfield grid-locks after the game so leaving a couple of minutes early can mean 45-60 minutes saved in non-moving traffic queues. Remember these aren't people who go to the game once in a blue moon, these are people who do this every two weeks (more if they travel away from home) for years. I actually agree with RBG on this one. I'm not much into the 'hierarchy' of Liverpool fans except to say that the season ticket holders, the ones that pay their money, travel, give their time and build it into their daily lives are the REAL supporters - their commitment is far greater than the rest of us, whatever you may say. The ELITE in this group are the supporters that travel the length and breadth of the country and beyond on away days, no matter what, to support the team, that is dedication beyond belief - these are the true supporters of our club and should be respected as such.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:51 am

fivecups » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:38 am wrote:
only me » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:20 pm wrote:

It's easy for you to say it's stupid to leave early but Anfield grid-locks after the game so leaving a couple of minutes early can mean 45-60 minutes saved in non-moving traffic queues. Remember these aren't people who go to the game once in a blue moon, these are people who do this every two weeks (more if they travel away from home) for years. I actually agree with RBG on this one. I'm not much into the 'hierarchy' of Liverpool fans except to say that the season ticket holders, the ones that pay their money, travel, give their time and build it into their daily lives are the REAL supporters - their commitment is far greater than the rest of us, whatever you may say. The ELITE in this group are the supporters that travel the length and breadth of the country and beyond on away days, no matter what, to support the team, that is dedication beyond belief - these are the true supporters of our club and should be respected as such.

Mate they only leave when we are behind....At least most of them.....So it's not really the Grid-locks right? I assure you they will be willing to wait in traffic if they knew we would be scoring however they are desperate and frustrated (which i understand) ,but i think it's a bit un-sportsmanship on their side ,that's it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Sorry mate, don't agree with that at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:44 pm

RBG - Got a bit more time now so I will expand on why I disagree with you mate.
For a start as one or two others have already pointed out the mass exodus against Palace started the moment Palace got their second goal, that is not people trying to beat the traffic mate that is fans throwing in the towel, with injury time there was the best part of quarter of an hour still to play as well. Shocking.
I don't buy this malarkey about it needing to be right on the pitch first either, the roar of the Kop and the atmosphere at Anfield has been famous throughout football since time and memorial, that reputation even stretches right back through our St.Domingo and Everton days when the club was thrown off sites around Priory Road and Stanley Park because the victorian landowners of the 1870's/1880's didn't like the shouting and cheering of the crowd. Even when we were a second division side other clubs used to marvel at our support, Bill Shankly famously told his Huddesfield players to listen out for the roar of the Kop when he visited here as an opposing manager.
Our fans adopted YNWA as our anthem not when we conquered Europe but just after we won promotion in 1963. The BBC's Panorama programme were doing anthropologic studies of our crowd at a time when we hadn't won a single FA cup, League cup or European trophy.
This club has lost its way over the last 25 years and not just on the pitch either, our home fans are awful, they sit on their @rse week in week out in silence and listen to the away fans practically laugh at us, inside a stadium many of us regard as a church.
We need to start generating an atmosphere to help the team out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:19 pm wrote:

Sorry mate, don't agree with that at all.

In parts or in its entirety  ???  Throw us a bone eh Yakka  ,your response was a bit vague .I mean  are you seriously telling me in all your time attending matches you've never seen fans leave early to beat the traffic ? Or are you saying that the club and its owners ,managers and players should take the atmosphere for granted ?

What I'm saying is the fans that left their seats have  been doing so for years ,it was no more or no less a number than I see slipping out to catch their trains
every week . I mean is it the Kop ,who 'still  sing' that you think should give that little bit extra to motivate the mutes that make up the rest of the ground.

The reason for my post is simply the amount of posters who are denouncing the fans that tip up week after week ,how can people who never attend games even cast the slightest denigrating  remark about the lack of conviction in our support ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:44 pm wrote:RBG - Got a bit more time now so I will expand on why I disagree with you mate.
For a start as one or two others have already pointed out the mass exodus against Palace started the moment Palace got their second goal, that is not people trying to beat the traffic mate that is fans throwing in the towel, with injury time there was the best part of quarter of an hour still to play as well. Shocking.
I don't buy this malarkey about it needing to be right on the pitch first either, the roar of the Kop and the atmosphere at Anfield has been famous throughout football since time and memorial, that reputation even stretches right back through our St.Domingo and Everton days when the club was thrown off sites around Priory Road and Stanley Park because the victorian landowners of the 1870's/1880's didn't like the shouting and cheering of the crowd. Even when we were a second division side other clubs used to marvel at our support, Bill Shankly famously told his Huddesfield players to listen out for the roar of the Kop when he visited here as an opposing manager.
Our fans adopted YNWA as our anthem not when we conquered Europe but just after we won promotion in 1963. The BBC's Panorama programme were doing anthropologic studies of our crowd at a time when we hadn't won a single FA cup, League cup or European trophy.
This club has lost its way over the last 25 years and not just on the pitch either, our home fans are awful, they sit on their @rse week in week out in silence and listen to the away fans practically laugh at us, inside a stadium many of us regard as a church.
We need to start generating an atmosphere to help the team out.

Sorry mate never seen this post ,as I was replying to your short riposte

Yakka the fans simply aren't the same ,albeit from the Kop ,the stadium consists of people who have no inkling on how to be as expressive as we have in the past mate . I've been saying for years this new generation of fans don't equate to the old guard ,its just now its starting to become more relevant when the support is truly needed .

As for the mass exodus mate ,well that's really overstating the amount of fans that left fella ,I see the same people leave week after week ,its always been the same collative ,some of them are  carers and have clients or relatives with disabilities ,and the rest just need to beat the hoards who leave it late and then make a mad dash for their respective means of transport.

Like I said mate when the football returns so will the glue.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 am

I agree with all of it.....it appears the internet mafia have an opinion based on assumption & ignorance ....nothing new there then :oh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I see your point RBG, but I can't agree. This picture says more than I could write

After all the excitement and the entire Kloppfest that we saw, you'd expect us to show a little support to the new man, regardless of whether we're winning or losing. Looking at this pic someone would think we're still under Rodgers.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Even I can see the clock is reading 92+ minutes. If you want to beat the crowd and traffic you have to make a swift  exit and it was even worse when Anfield held 56,000+. How long did it take to get a bus down to Scottie Road and into the centre in those days lads??
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:08 am

Reg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 pm wrote:Even I can see the clock is reading 92+ minutes. If you want to beat the crowd and traffic you have to make a swift  exit and it was even worse when Anfield held 56,000+. How long did it take to get a bus down to Scottie Road and into the centre in those days lads??

Exactly fella ,some fans have short memories ,the days when I used to have to catch the 27/26 with standing room only to the extent you were chewing on some fuckers scarf keep me grounded  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:00 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 am wrote:Exactly fella ,some fans have short memories ,the days when I used to have to catch the 27/26 with standing room only to the extent you were chewing on some fuckers scarf keep me grounded  :D

:laugh:

Last time at Anfield it took forever to get out of the ground (I'd been sitting upper tier Centenary Stand), got outside and couldn't even get on a bus, they were rammed !

Had to walk three quarters of the way back into the city before I managed to flag down a cab.

Happily repeat it, assuming I could again afford the trip and ticket   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:17 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:00 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 am wrote:Exactly fella ,some fans have short memories ,the days when I used to have to catch the 27/26 with standing room only to the extent you were chewing on some fuckers scarf keep me grounded  :D

:laugh:

Last time at Anfield it took forever to get out of the ground (I'd been sitting upper tier Centenary Stand), got outside and couldn't even get on a bus, they were rammed !

Had to walk three quarters of the way back into the city before I managed to flag down a cab.

Happily repeat it, assuming I could again afford the trip and ticket   :D

:D
European nights were even worse mate ,it was like the exodus of the Israelites walking back to the City centre.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games