Liverpool v Chelsea  - Thurs 28th July- KO: 04:35 BST

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:Sounds like a disappointing performance, losing to Chelsea is never nice but I suppose on the plus side it might make our lads realise that we still have a hell of a lot of work to do. We've got an awful start with games against Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea and United in the first few weeks of the season and we need to be right at it from day 1 so a kick up the @rse like this may be no bad thing in the long run.
I'd much rather lose last nights game than the one at Stamford Bridge on the 16th of September that's for sure.

To be honest they weren't really that much better than us, in fact if at all, they took their chance, that was the difference, Firmino had a perfectly good goal disallowed and minutes before that fluffed his lines when Coutinho set him up, so it was really fine margins, the chavs were there for the taking

They were proper dirty though, right from the off, kicked our players all over the field but we got loads of yellow's for stupid stuff (Moreno aside)

Just hope Grujic head injury is ok and he is back with us asap
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:38 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:24 am wrote:Haven't seen any of the game but going off the comments it seems our lads got a kick up the @rse after playing a quality side

Not too concerned about pre-season but from what I've read it seems certain issues are persisting - left back and organisation at set plays

A bit harsh mate..We controlled the ball for long periods of the game but didn't produce any chances...Chelsea looked the same as Mourinho club ,physical ,boring ,Set goal piece strong defense game over.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Really ***** off.

Subscribing to LFCTV who advertised a re-run of the game at 10am (gmt) , thought to myself "Why get up early ? I'll avoid reports and watch it then".

Tuned in at 10am only to get a re-run of the Huddersfield game, (still btw advertised as the Chelsea match)

*****  :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:22 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:Really ***** off.

Subscribing to LFCTV who advertised a re-run of the game at 10am (gmt) , thought to myself "Why get up early ? I'll avoid reports and watch it then".

Tuned in at 10am only to get a re-run of the Huddersfield game, (still btw advertised as the Chelsea match)

the next game is 3.05am sunday morning, you can get up and watch it with me on here  :help
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:10 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:10 pm wrote:Really ***** off.

You're joking aren't you mate? I taped that 10am re-run on V+ and was going to watch it tonight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Marko Grujic given the all clear after a CT scan. Good news.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:33 pm

Never mind the Fabregas challenge ,the assault on Grujic was by far more premeditated the lad went in to do serious damage. Its about time officials done something about these so called' accidental clash of heads' because Traore deliberately went out to hurt the lad ,the twat had his eyes open until he made contact with the lads temple ,the cunt knew his intentions before he jumped. 

Its amazing how people dismiss challenges like this because its two players in flight ,but these sickening  kind of collisions don't just leave you with a limp they leave you with brain damage  :angry:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:33 pm wrote:Never mind the Fabregas challenge ,the assault on Grujic was by far more premeditated the lad went in to do serious damage. Its about time officials done something about these so called' accidental clash of heads' because Traore deliberately went out to hurt the lad ,the twat had his eyes open until he made contact with the lads temple ,the cunt knew his intentions before he jumped. 

Its amazing how people dismiss challenges like this because its two players in flight ,but these sickening  kind of collisions don't just leave you with a limp they leave you with brain damage  :angry:

agree completely
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:10 pm wrote:

You're joking aren't you mate? I taped that 10am re-run on V+ and was going to watch it tonight.

Not joking Yakka but did get to see the game later in the day. I'm sure there'll be more showings.

On the game itself. Wasn't impressed with Chelsea, having got the early goal they played much of the game as a 5-4-1, they'll deffo be hard to beat this season but if this is the turgid Sh*t they'll be serving up this season they'll make few friends or admirers.

As for us, I thought we looked the brighter of the two sides but once again we struggled against a team that's parked the bus and the goal we conceded showed we still desperately need to get a grip on dead ball situations, no way should Cahill have been allowed to win that header for their goal !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:51 am

C-R » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:33 pm wrote:Never mind the Fabregas challenge ,the assault on Grujic was by far more premeditated the lad went in to do serious damage. Its about time officials done something about these so called' accidental clash of heads' because Traore deliberately went out to hurt the lad ,the twat had his eyes open until he made contact with the lads temple ,the cunt knew his intentions before he jumped. 

agree completely

Not seen the challenge, but it seems from our coach staffs initial revelation re; Marko Grujic - He is the real deal and will need protecting...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 am

johnbarnes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:51 am wrote:
C-R » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 pm wrote:

agree completely

Not seen the challenge, but it seems from our coach staffs initial revelation re; Marko Grujic - He is the real deal and will need protecting...

Pay attention at 13 seconds in, this is brutal  :censored:

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:26 pm

agree completely[/quote]

Not seen the challenge, but it seems from our coach staffs initial revelation re; Marko Grujic - He is the real deal and will need protecting...[/quote]

Pay attention at 13 seconds in, this is brutal  :censored:

[/quote]

It amazes me that after so many hours overseeing football matches, referees are  still naive when it comes to such assaults.
If that was done outside of the local on a Friday night, the aggressor would be banged up for the night and in front of a judge in the morning.
Too many coaches / managers will protect their players with statements of "He's a lovely lad in traning" or "I know him well and he isn't the type of player to deliberately want to hurt another player..." WHICH IS ALL COMPLETE BS!
---
If I could change anything in football it would be the integrity of those who are involved in the game.
But in order for that to happen, the money has to go first...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Glad Grujic will be okay. He could've got some serious damage.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Then I am double pissed...subscribed to LFCTV since forever and was told "broadcast are not available to your territory" but it never  a problem when they collected my money from another territory. If I can't watch PL (for obvious reasons) and I can't watch friendlies or pre-season games, then what is it good for. Time for a review of what and how I spend my money  :veryangry
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:33 pm wrote:Never mind the Fabregas challenge ,the assault on Grujic was by far more premeditated the lad went in to do serious damage. Its about time officials done something about these so called' accidental clash of heads' because Traore deliberately went out to hurt the lad ,the twat had his eyes open until he made contact with the lads temple ,the cunt knew his intentions before he jumped. 

I called it when I initially saw that headbutt, knew it was nasty and the replays confirmed bad intention
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games