LIVERPOOL v Chelsea Sat 25th Nov 5.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:27 pm

We were undone by a worldie goal. That asde, we did pretty good I thought.

We go again on Wednesday away at Stoke...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Pretty much echoing what everybody is saying. We had 3 or 4 players who had nothing left in the tank, and didn't make subs until the game was over. I don't think anybody thought they were playing on the left side. For 20 minutes we had nobody but Moreno over there, and they attacked again and again and again down that side. How the f*ck did we not react to that? And where did they score from? The left side. Willian ran over there and absolutely nobody was even in the area. We were unlucky to concede that goal as it was obviously a cross. It's frustrating how often we concede late equalizers/losers. I can only remember maybe two times in the past few years we scored in the 85th minute + to draw or win a game. We've had it happen to us 4 or 5 times this season alone. Our inability to finish games it's abysmal.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Chelsea had three shots on goal and the one that resulted in a goal was a complete fluke.

I never thought I would agree with Algy on anything but yes today’s  selection was the  work of a fkg nutcase !! Well done Klopp  :censored:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:27 pm wrote:We were undone by a worldie goal. That asde, we did pretty good I thought.

It was a cross
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Chelsea were there for the taking, poor team selection cost us there and I include the keeper in that. How Ward or Karius are not getting a run in the side God only knows.
Milner could barely run, we were effectively down to 10 men for most of the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Boocity » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:29 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:27 pm wrote:We were undone by a worldie goal. That asde, we did pretty good I thought.

It was a cross

A fluke or a worldie. Either way, we were unlucky.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Disappointed that we concede again after taking a good lead...well played guys (not you Jurgen) we did put in a shift and controlled much of the game. Good night guys...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:34 pm

No way he meant that, even Lampard has just said it was a cross, Willian was just trying to stand it up at the far post.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Sometimes I think to myself we must be crackers to spend £70m on VVD but after seeing Klavan trying to clear the ball only to hit a team mate twice I don't care if VVD costs £150m just fvcking sign him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:42 pm

In the end, probably a fair result. I think we did OK. Weren't that great in the last third but it wasn't easy as Chelsea really had the central area packed. Team selection wise, I'm not going to be too hard on Klopp. That game midweek, especially 2nd half wasn't easy and what with Mane coming back from injury and Firmino doing a lot of running by starting off the press, sometimes Klopp has to manage the squad so not to run them down. We've got a midweek trip to Stoke come now to remember.
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Kewell  mate their goal was a fluke. Didn’t you see Willian’s expression after the goal.

We got undone by a ridiculous team selection and a manager who waits until the 88th minute to bring on Mané and Lallana. And why Lallana - he is match rusty - Firmino and Mané should have been on no later than the 70th minute and Sturridge who should never have started should have been off at half time. Tactically I think Klopp is sadly lacking.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Doeboy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:42 pm wrote:In the end, probably a fair result. I think we did OK. Weren't that great in the last third but it wasn't easy as Chelsea really had the central area packed. Team selection wise, I'm not going to be too hard on Klopp. That game midweek, especially 2nd half wasn't easy and what with Mane coming back from injury and Firmino doing a lot of running by starting off the press, sometimes Klopp has to manage the squad so not to run them down. We've got a midweek trip to Stoke come now to remember.

Surely you've got to pick your best XI for the big games though, deciding to rotate when we are playing Chelsea at home in the league is ludicrous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Doeboy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:42 pm wrote:In the end, probably a fair result. I think we did OK. Weren't that great in the last third but it wasn't easy as Chelsea really had the central area packed. Team selection wise, I'm not going to be too hard on Klopp. That game midweek, especially 2nd half wasn't easy and what with Mane coming back from injury and Firmino doing a lot of running by starting off the press, sometimes Klopp has to manage the squad so not to run them down. We've got a midweek trip to Stoke come now to remember.

Who cares about stoke we had a game to win against a direct rival for the CL spot at home! Play your best cards and if you decided not to start them get them involved in time ,live the game react in time don't hold your dikk and hope our tremendous defence holds on. No excuses
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I think Klopp picked the right team to start with and Tbh we played pretty decent until around the 70 minute mark where we sat too deep and players started to tire. That was the moment we all wanted changes but Klopp was happy to see players blow a gasket. He had a long chat with Mane after the game I'm sure Mane was probably upset he left it so late to put him on, he could have been a good outlet in the last 15 minutes.

Well it's ANOTHER lesson we have to learn from.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm

only me » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 pm wrote:

Who cares about stoke we had a game to win against a direct rival for the CL spot at home! Play your best cards and if you decided not to start them get them involved in time ,live the game react in time don't hold your dikk and hope our tremendous defence holds on. No excuses

We don't know the in's and out's of the players fitness though? I'm all for playing strongest team, but Mane is coming back off a hamstring injury, type of injury you need to handle with kid gloves. Seeing as none of here are privy to seeing the players in training nor having access to in depth details on injuries etc, it's easy for us to say question why we are not playing him or Firmino. We've got a busy schedule coming up and sometimes you need to plan ahead. We were 5 mins away from winning that game tonight and although it is a blow letting them in so late let's not get too down with the result
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games