liverpool v chelsea (F.A cup final).sat 5th may ko 5.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Andy Carroll would benefit from having a manager who knew his best formation, his best tactics and his best starting 11. Kenny hasn't got a clue, so no wonder a lot of our players have been topsey-turvey this season. A clueless leader cannot lead his men, he can only stand by and watch everything go to the dogs. I would bet anyone that Benitez would turn Andy's fortunes around, just look at what progress Crouch made under Benitez's management! Ok Benitez benched him a lot and rotated him out of the main picture, but Crouch was playing some of his best football under Rafa's management.
Boxscarf

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:17 pm

kartiek » Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm wrote:Lakes, the manager's job is not only to pick the starting 11 ...

There's no fluidity in our play.

On another note, this is the first time I'm feeling this, because I was never ever excited by Andy's arrival, but I really have high hopes for the lad now.

Yes and it's down to Kenny that you now feel list that about Andy. He has stuck with him as he had father in him. Now we must show father in Kenny.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat May 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, that was disappointing.  We were absolutely pedestrian until Carroll came on and he looked the only player in a red shirt capable of pulling it out of the fire.  Everyone else was lacklustre, including the lads you count on in the big matches: Stevie, Suarez, Bellamy, Johnson, Enrique, Reina on down the line.  We gave up two poor goals and the whole first half was lost as we let Chelsea camp behind the ball and dictate tempo.  Credit to big Andy for coming on, making an immediate impact and scoring an absolute cracker.  The "second" came from a lovely bit of play as well--the only moment that Suarez really seemed to catch fire--but we were on the other side of a 'ghost goal' on this occasion.  I have to say that none of the angles I saw on telly showed it to be a conclusive 'whole ball across the line' goal so it appears as though it was the correct call.  We at least made it interesting in the end but we were too insipid for too long to consider it anything near a good performance.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tonyeh » Sat May 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Kharhaz » Sat May 05, 2012 6:12 pm wrote:
kartiek » Sat May 05, 2012 7:10 pm wrote:Well, the last 30 minutes, at least we showed up and salvaged some respect.

And that WAS A goal. It's ridiculous to not have given that. The whole ball went over the line for f*ck's sake!

Agreed. On the replays you can clearly see more than half the ball over the line. Screwed by the refs again eh? go figure.

Unfortunately, the entire ball has to pass over the line.
tonyeh

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 pm

lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:17 pm wrote:Yes and it's down to Kenny that you now feel list that about Andy. He has stuck with him as he had father in him. Now we must show father in Kenny.

I trust you were echoing similar sentiments about Roy Hodgson last season?
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Sat May 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Ya it looks like half an inch of the ball or so didn't cross the line.  I have to say the ref got lucky and made the right call.  Unfortunately those calls go the other way 9 times out of 10... Unlucky we didn't get it, but unlike chelsea I guess we don't depend on refs mistakes to win games.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 pm

What a bunch of disrespectful cu.nts you lot really are. Kenny played an attacking team from the off, fact is first half they didn't turn up. Second half we ragged them. Carroll was immense, gerrard was average. The ball was over the line but not given, karma for the cl semi we nicked off them. Great effort second half, we really were good, now get behind kenny and the squad and respect the club.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Kenny played the best possible team he could muster, but in truth they were never likely going to be good enough to win the match and it showed today. I don't think anyone could fault Kenny for his starting line up, he played his strongest hand in the final and it is clear his intention was to win the match, but unfortunately this team that he has built is just a mid-table team at best and mid-table teams aren't likely to beat the potential Champions of Europe in a domestic cup final, though it can happen, it didn't today. It wasn't our day, so let's chalk it up and move on.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm

any side that has henderson,spearing and downing starting in it isnt going to fill any one with confidence.its not like they just had a bad day today either and they are partly the reason why our season has been so short of creativity and goals.they create nothing whatsoever and as long as they get a pass off without losing it they think thats acceptable.
i dont care whether henderson has all that potential to be one of the best,what i care about is how he plays and over the whole season he has been tripe and didnt deserve a fraction of the playing time he got.shouldnt be anywhere near a starting 11 based on what ive seen from him.
downing is the worst player in red this year and has consistently been muck.his best games for us have been against lower league opposition and maybe that isnt coincidence but testament to his mentality and ability.no where near good enough to play for us.
i like spearings attitude and commitment and he will always play with his heart but he is no where near good enough and never will be.
the rest of the team isnt good enough to carry these 3 in games and we cannot afford to head into next season playing these as much as we have cos if we do we wont improve.
todays game was a reincarnation of so many others this season where we only show up for half a half and that isnt coincidence either its the truth but i actually thought as it was the fa cup final they would at least step up to the plate and im not surprised that they didnt.
no manager or clever use of tactics can make up for the shortfall in ability or desire to perform on the field.
this team needs to be sorted out pronto and the deadwood chased out the door.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm

red till i die!! » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:any side that has henderson,spearing and downing starting in it isnt going to fill any one with confidence.its not like they just had a bad day today either and they are partly the reason why our season has been so short of creativity and goals.they create nothing whatsoever and as long as they get a pass off without losing it they think thats acceptable.
i dont care whether henderson has all that potential to be one of the best,what i care about is how he plays and over the whole season he has been tripe and didnt deserve a fraction of the playing time he got.shouldnt be anywhere near a starting 11 based on what ive seen from him.
downing is the worst player in red this year and has consistently been muck.his best games for us have been against lower league opposition and maybe that isnt coincidence but testament to his mentality and ability.no where near good enough to play for us.
i like spearings attitude and commitment and he will always play with his heart but he is no where near good enough and never will be.
the rest of the team isnt good enough to carry these 3 in games and we cannot afford to head into next season playing these as much as we have cos if we do we wont improve.
todays game was a reincarnation of so many others this season where we only show up for half a half and that isnt coincidence either its the truth but i actually thought as it was the fa cup final they would at least step up to the plate and im not surprised that they didnt.
no manager or clever use of tactics can make up for the shortfall in ability or desire to perform on the field.
this team needs to be sorted out pronto and the deadwood chased out the door.

Agreed on this - Spearing is keen but dross ....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Basil » Sat May 05, 2012 10:37 pm

The match summed up our season, inconsistent, hopeless for the first hour, pretty good for the last half hour.

It's easy to say it was the wrong team selection now but it's always easy after the event.

The second "goal" was a close call but if you look at it, the goalposts were not level with the goal line, the ball didn't completeely cross the line of the posts but it was well over the actual goal line.

I think we were looking stronger and would have won if the goal was awarded and the game went to extra time.

Some of the older players are not what they were but we have a few younger players who are getting better, 2 or 3 quality replacements over the summer bringing better balance to the squad and I think we will see big improvements and more consistency next season.
Basil

Postby parchpea » Sat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm

We did our best really and unfortunately it wasnt quite enough on the day.

The whole game was a snapshot of what we are, ordinary for the most part
and flashes of where we want to be.

Chelsea are a better side than us and have superior players in most positions
but we gave it a real go and but for a fantastic save could have salvaged a
draw.

Nothing was a surprise today and the only question left is what is the best
way forward from here, and not for individuals, not for nostalgia nor
sentiment, but for Liverpool Football Club and its supporters.

In football you must always must look forward and never back, if we learn
to do that then I think we will take  a big stride in the right direction, but
until then I think it may be a real battle for us unfortunately.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 pm

"We deserved it" says John Terry, "my loyalty to Chelsea", I do hope you get hit by a bus John Terry.
Boxscarf

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Boxscarf » Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:17 pm wrote:Yes and it's down to Kenny that you now feel list that about Andy. He has stuck with him as he had father in him. Now we must show father in Kenny.

I trust you were echoing similar sentiments about Roy Hodgson last season?

first off i used my phone to make that post....got to love your phone. that should have been faith and not father.

as for Roy, i felt for him, he got the job as he was the only manager that could work with a team that had no money, he was never going to get the trust from many fans as they had just seen Rafa get the sack.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

and dont forget we have to play them again in a few days.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games