Liverpool V Chelsea 12:45 8/11/14

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Santa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:58 pm wrote:The team lack pace in their play now, while we are not exactly short of players with pace to burn. It's got everything to do with the system that was set up to play controlling, possession football with no idea what's the end product. We have totally performed a 180 degree U-turn from last season and now the entire team is so nervous and lack any coherence all over the field. Defensively, we are a fucking joke. The pic a few post before shows everything we need to know...all bar one players are in the 18 yard box (in fact camped within 12 yards from goal) and (the only) 4 Chelsea players are in the 6 yard box and left totally unmarked. It's as if we gave them a pocket of space to attack us. In contrast Chelsea's defenders takes no prisoner and stick to their man. Their clearance was decisive and they don't give the forward players any space to manoeuvre. Our play is fucking unreal...look at where Skrtel and Lovren (being 6 yards away from the nearest Chelsea player) is relative to the attacking threat and you'll get the picture. Whoever is our defensive coach need to be whipped and thrown into a hole. School boy stuff on display here...

That picture really is a sickner. 10 v 4 in our area and they make it count. Not one of them are close enough to the Chelsea players. That is ***** poor. Get Carra in to sort this train wreck of a defending out. Warning signs were there last season when we shipping in loads. I know you can blame individuals but our organisation at the back is terrible and that's comes down to the manager
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:23 pm

The comedy show continue which is conducted by the BR as the main the director!!.
Somehow this result it was very much is expected taking in consideration of the past team’s performances and results since August. It is a stark reality that LFC is never going to be a contender for claiming any of the fifth top spots in the league this season, especially when you have this manager in charge, who has no clue on how to coach his defenders on how to defend a sit piece, let us be frank he had failed miserably last season to rectify this serious chronic problem, which it is much worse now which it will eventually take the LFC into relegation fight, however the team is heading that way under the guidance of BR.
On Chelsea first goal, their players were the nearest to our goalkeeper shooting, heading to score at will, whereas our defence and midfield nowhere near Chelsea players to defend their goal, however this is not the first time LFC defence had defended that way! The credit goes to BR.

The manager team’s selection and tactics were wrong from the start which it was not surprising of a clueless BR.  Johnson, Lovren, Henderson should not be in team in first place!
BR wanted to play attractive football against the league leaders hoping to match them tactically, which he was totally wrong living on last season dream. The Manager ought to have set his team with 4-4-2 and play ugly to win at least one point, forget about three points it is beyond this useless team and manager. Chelsea has two strong centre backs, and what BR did, was to play in their hand, rather than stating with Balotelli and Lambert and put those centre backs under pressure, whereas Balotelli was isolated up front and as usual.

We keep hearing this  F**ing Sh*t BR saying that he and his team is learning and improving, but it is just cheap talk in order to keep his position in LFC. The fans can now see BR true colours, and he is no different from his pre-successors Rafa won CL with previous team’s manager, in the following seasons he got near winning the title, lost LFC best players, replaced then with average players, and LFC ended in middle of table team status!. History it does repeats itself this time with BR, a surprise success last season simply because of one World class player, and what happened afterward the LFC sell this top assets and bring in more average players in order to fit BR’s useless strategy of playing attractive football with average players which it beyond their ability to overcome last season chronic defence problems.

Some people says LFC is cursed!, maybe, but if the club’s owner keep making the wrong calls, then this curse might be become a reality!, however to put things right they need to sack this useless manager before it is too late.
algymoon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:36 pm

What shocks me is our lack of organisation - there's none! From the defence to the attack, there's no sense of continuity in our play or set up.

Our defenders look like strangers and our attackers seem clueless when it gets to the final third. I really can't believe how bad things have got, but still have (blind) faith in BR to turn it around. However, I have to ask, why didn't Manquillo, Toure, Allen, Lallana and (dare I say it) Borini start today??

Instead of rewarding our players who did well at Madrid, we move then aside for the likes of Johnson, Skrtel, Henderson and Mario. It's a joke.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Lallana must be asking himself why bother. Baffled by the team selections and tactics, and we still only play well for 10 minutes bloody hard to watch now
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Again The old man ( Gerrard) and Mr offside ( Balotelli) offer us nothing

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:36 pm wrote:What shocks me is our lack of organisation - there's none! From the defence to the attack, there's no sense of continuity in our play or set up.

Our defenders look like strangers and our attackers seem clueless when it gets to the final third. I really can't believe how bad things have got, but still have (blind) faith in BR to turn it around. However, I have to ask, why didn't Manquillo, Toure, Allen, Lallana and (dare I say it) Borini start today??

Instead of rewarding our players who did well at Madrid, we move then aside for the likes of Johnson, Skrtel, Henderson and Mario. It's a joke.

I agree, I think Brendan will turn it around myself but as you say some of his decision making today left a lot to be desired.
For a start his team selection was a total cop out with the same old faces walking back into the starting XI even though their recent performances against Madrid (at Anfield), Hull, Newcastle and now Chelsea didn't warrant their reintroduction to the side.
His substitutions were strange too, I thought in Coutinho and Can he took our best two players off and why take Balotelli off when your chasing a game and needing a goal? If anyone should have been substituted it was Gerrard and Henderson.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:22 pm wrote: why take Balotelli off when your chasing a game and needing a goal?

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Just for once, get your head out of your ***** , have you ever actually looked at Balotellis' "goalscoring" record ? therein lies the answer too your question    :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:22 pm wrote: why take Balotelli off when your chasing a game and needing a goal?

Just for once, get your head out of your ***** , have you ever actually looked at Balotellis' "goalscoring" record ? therein lies the answer too your question    :p

It's an extra striker on the pitch who can create space, worry defenders, make numbers in the box. We should have gone for it. Could have been 2-2, or they might have won 3-1. We were already losing. What's it matter?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

I think Brendan's blind faith with certain players (Johnson, Gerrard, Lovren and now Barlotelli) will be his downfall, besides his ego of course.

He wants to be proven right with his decision, to be known for his cultured, well traveled European football style, playing a controlled game with lots of possession and sticking with it. Yup looks like he got lucky last season and all the stars align and we played with lots of confidence while covering all our weaknesses, but this season he got found out big time and he just have no clue as to how to turn it around, so he just blindly stick with the more experienced players hoping they will get him out of this sticky situation. Looked how he totally forgotten that we have a bunch of hungry, younger players so eager to proof themselves rather than the likes of Johnson, Lovren and Barlotelli? What happened to Suso, Texiera etc etc? Don't blame the bad decision...we just wrote our faith with a shocking team selection, tactics and school boy defending.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:50 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:41 pm wrote:

Err when your chasing the game it's usual practice to throw caution to the wind and load your team with attacking players.
Teams often take defenders off and go to 3 at the back in order to get more offensive players on the pitch.
But for some reason we decide to take off our most creative player (Coutinho), swap one striker for another (Lambert for Balotelli) and even waste one of our substitutions bringing a water carrier on in midfield (Allen) when we were one down.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Let's be honest the more fans and pundits criticise his decisions, team selection etc the more he will dig his heels in because his ego will not allow him to accept when he gets it wrong.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Wish BR would swallow his stubborn pride & recruit the help of a top defensive coach :veryangry
& why the hell does he stick with players who are under performing ffs
shakey

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Whatever "work" is being done on the training pitch needs to be stopped immediately and start doing the exact opposite
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 am

I may be shouted down on this.

The manager was not to blame for this loss.  We had two center halves both miss the ball (which leads to the posted photo) that ended in the first goal.  The second goal.  Well I'm  not  much for getting on specific players but, Glen Johnson, please stand up
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:57 am

The Good Yank » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:34 am wrote:I may be shouted down on this.

The manager was not to blame for this loss.  We had two center halves both miss the ball (which leads to the posted photo) that ended in the first goal.  The second goal.  Well I'm  not  much for getting on specific players but, Glen Johnson, please stand up

:D Nice try.

BR just happens to train the lads ,pick the lineup ,decide on the tactics and makes the subs other then he has no affect on the team i agree....
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games