Liverpool V Carlisle - Carling Cup - Wed Sep 23 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Ta Red.
Just to make the night even more surreal Aspas scored 2 goals and had a stormer against Barcelona tonight, We struggle to score against Carlisle yet one of our cast offs runs amok in a 4-1 win against Messi, Suarez, Neymer et al.
It's like fate is taking the p[iss] out of us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:08 am

RedAnt » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:Yay, we won! I see what Mags and Leeroy are on about now. All's well. Give BR a contract extension and £150m to spend in jan :D

Never said that the current form is acceptable. Only said that BR deserves until the end of the season to show what he can do with this team unless of course we are in or near the relegation zone at x'mas.
Every little improvement by the team is a welcome news for me... unlike you haters  :cool:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:55 am

maguskwt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 am wrote:
RedAnt » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:Yay, we won! I see what Mags and Leeroy are on about now. All's well. Give BR a contract extension and £150m to spend in jan :D

Never said that the current form is acceptable. Only said that BR deserves until the end of the season to show what he can do with this team unless of course we are in or near the relegation zone at x'mas.
Every little improvement by the team is a welcome news for me... unlike you haters  :cool:

And have we improved much in recent years, then? Because I remember us once being the best team in the world.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:12 am

RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:55 am wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 am wrote:

And have we improved much in recent years, then? Because I remember us once being the best team in the world.

redant - if you look back I actually said BR's day are up and we need to get rid because the current form/team etc is no where good enough. I just wont join in the abuse of BR and his lifestyle etc that's all.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:33 am

Well I admire your loyalty to him, Leeroy, but I'm not sure he needs defending. He pats himself on the back enough. It's inevitable scousers would mock him.
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 am

I'm no fan of Rodgers BUT with 60% of possession and 40 shots at goal for this game you could say he'd done his job

To only score just once you could say it's the players who didn't do theirs.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 am

woof woof ! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:I'm no fan of Rodgers BUT with 60% of possession and 40 shots at goal for this game you could say he'd done his job

To only score just once you could say it's the players who didn't do theirs.   :(

Not entirely accurate but I see where youre coming from. We started with 3 at the back when we really didnt need to. Emre Can was pushing forward as much as he was simply because we didnt need 3 at the back dealing with their 1 isolated forward.

Any decent manager would have realized that Carlisle wouldnt pose much of an attacking threat and would have started with 4 at the back rather than 3. Higher up, Milner and Allen offered very little in terms of creativity and quality on the ball and the change to introduce Coutinho took too long. We were taking long shots from the 1st minute and I have to think the manager either asked them to do so or never mentioned that they should stop doing it at any point.

If you look at the game, I dont think we created more than 3 or 4 good chances. The majority of the shots you refer to were aimless long hits from the likes of Can and Milner who were hitting it from 30 yards in hope more than anything.

Overall, the display was embarrassing and so was the result. Opposition sides dont come any worse than Carlisle and if they had won it they would have deserved to because individually and as a collective they battled, played close to their potential, and had a gameplan that worked.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:16 am

It was a total disgrace and sad day for LFC, surely this cannot go on!! This f*cking idiot BR and his f*cking backer club’s owner shouldn’t be allowed to drag this big club (only in past) into the mad.
I am so astonished at the fans being so silent by seeing what is really happing to LFC, it seems as very much being accepted and expected to witness the steady huge decline of Liverpool.

LFC is very much destined to relegation zone this season that is based on last season evidence and achievement!!!

The promise of improvement by this idiot BR  which we have been hearing over the past three seasons, in actual fact it means a steady decline!!! Which it is evident in front of our eyes!

Despite of spending tons of money there are only no more that 4 good players in this Liverpool squad tops all of them is “CAN” I am not dismissing the younger players in club.

BR squad of player are a total waste of money lacking the true character of Liverpool players who have the fighting sprits and desire to win for this club!! the likes of light weight Firmino,  Origi ( a Total waste of money, he ought to be kept on loan), Moreno (useless) Henderson (over rated useless) Lovren ( can’t settle to idiot BR tactics), the list goes on.. Ings (hard working player, but he never be a top finisher!) I like his honest attitude and hard working. Ibe can be a world class player if he is working under a top class manager!, Clyne is very average player. They all make you wonder how those Sh*t players ended up wearing Liverpool shirts!  The blame fall entirely on this idiot BR and the club’s owner.
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Graham Beecroft said on the Radio this morning Rodgers is as good as gone, apparently the owners have had enough but he also said the next manager will definately not be Klopp.
I actually feel a bit sorry for Brendan, those players let him down badly last night.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 am wrote:Graham Beecroft said on the Radio this morning Rodgers is as good as gone, apparently the owners have had enough but he also said the next manager will definately not be Klopp.
I actually feel a bit sorry for Brendan, those players let him down badly last night.

Did the players let him down? If you focus on last nights game alone then maybe. But these are BRs players. He trains and motivates them. He picks the tactics. Last nights team should still have destroyed Carlisle. I don't think it's down to coincidence that just about every player performed badly. The law of averages would say at least a few would play well. The same law of averages would probably say we should have seen some good performances on occasions to balance out the bad ones. Something is badly wrong in the management side. FSG's failure to sack him before preseason is a monumental eff up. We're stuck now. A new manager could have had a fresh start with a nice transfer kitty. But they allowed Brendan to set the board until January.
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm wrote:Graham Beecroft said on the Radio this morning Rodgers is as good as gone, apparently the owners have had enough but he also said the next manager will definately not be Klopp.

He has only himself to blame yakka. That side was built by him and they play the way he coaches them. There is no balance in the side and half of the players just aren't good enough. Its his 4th season and that has been plenty of time to do better.
If you ask me half of that dressing room hopes he gets the boot.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:10 pm

The players confidence will be completely shattered. Its just a matter of time now when FSG get rid of BR. Unless they are waiting for enough damage to be done and were in a relegation battle by december.
Atleast get someone in now who can salvage something out of this season. All is not lost yet, let the new man come in get used to the side abd maybe add few of his own additions in January.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:02 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:56 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm wrote:Graham Beecroft said on the Radio this morning Rodgers is as good as gone, apparently the owners have had enough but he also said the next manager will definately not be Klopp.

He has only himself to blame yakka. That side was built by him and they play the way he coaches them. There is no balance in the side and half of the players just aren't good enough. Its his 4th season and that has been plenty of time to do better.
If you ask me half of that dressing room hopes he gets the boot.

Yeah I suppose your right mate, to be fair the players looked like they stopped playing for him about last February.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:44 am

redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:10 pm wrote:The players confidence will be completely shattered.

Those poor little vastly overpaid babies. If they feel so insecure then they can give their wages back and get the f out of our club. I do not accept this confidence BS for a moment, they need to knuckle down and dig the boss out of a hole.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:02 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:44 am wrote:
redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:10 pm wrote:The players confidence will be completely shattered.

Those poor little vastly overpaid babies. If they feel so insecure then they can give their wages back and get the f out of our club. I do not accept this confidence BS for a moment, they need to knuckle down and dig the boss out of a hole.

No one is trying to sell you  the most obvious fact in sports ,Confidence is half the work ,you lose it you half preform.
only me
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games