Liverpool V Burnley - Weds 4th March K.O. 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:48 am

Great game Great performance.

All the lads looked fantatsic once again today. Henderson is growing every day and his last two goals were Gerrard-esque.
Can although he doesnt like playing at the back is what we have needed for years a bit of compsure on quality at the back.
Coutinho is showing his class and Allen has really filled the void left by Lucas.

We have the luxury of playing Blackburn on the weekend thus getting to rest a few whilst United and Arsenal play against eachother.

Anyone else worried about whats going to happen when Gerrard returns

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:37 am

After a really poor thread starter (sorry mate but I had to say it  :rasp ) it seems Cardiff red has led Liverpool to another cracking win!

I thought Hendo was class, Sturridge looks to be getting sharp again and Lallana is fast becoming one of my favourites here.

The red machine rolls on!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:50 am

leeroy74 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:37 am wrote:After a really poor thread starter (sorry mate but I had to say it  :rasp ) it seems Cardiff red has led Liverpool to another cracking win!

I thought Hendo was class, Sturridge looks to be getting sharp again and Lallana is fast becoming one of my favourites here.

The red machine rolls on!

shhhh, don't tell anyone but Cardiff Red is Brendan's new defensive coach  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:10 am

LFC1990 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:48 am wrote:Great game Great performance.

All the lads looked fantatsic once again today. Henderson is growing every day and his last two goals were Gerrard-esque.
Can although he doesnt like playing at the back is what we have needed for years a bit of compsure on quality at the back.
Coutinho is showing his class and Allen has really filled the void left by Lucas.

We have the luxury of playing Blackburn on the weekend thus getting to rest a few whilst United and Arsenal play against eachother.

I don't believe there is a place for SG in the team at the present time
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Boocity » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:10 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:48 am wrote:Great game Great performance.

I don't believe there is a place for SG in the team at the present time

I hope Brendan has enough balls to tell Gerrard he may get a few minutes at the end of each game if we are winning by more than 2 goals..
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:13 pm

A thoroughly professional performance and I was impressed at the way we didn’t allow Burnley to throw the kitchen sink at us in the last 20 minutes. The way we kept possession towards the end just killed the game although a couple of players, notably Allen and Coutinho, seemed to be running on empty by the final whistle.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:59 pm

Just so glad we won. After Sunday's fantastic performance and result it was important to keep the run going.
:)
By what I've read (and i've yet to see MOTD but believe me, I will), we created a couple more clear cut chances than the 2 goals.

I'm wondering too about Stevie - should we play him again!!! Yes - of course, I'd play him instead of Joe. But how good is it that the team seem to be coping quite well (to say the least) without him - could you have imagined that two years or so ago and even 10 years ago???

It is a shame that all the other teams around us won but we cant't do anything about that - we can only try and win our own games and see where that can possibly take us.. Just wish we had another 6 points then we'd be well and truly in the mix for the title again.

Just so proud of the boys at the moment though, it's warming the cockles of my heart - I kid you not.
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games