Liverpool V Bournemouth - Cup - Wed 17th Dec - KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 am

Bournemouth are in really good form at the moment and are top of the Championship now, as for us we are 2 wins in our last 6 games

I think at this point in time we have nothing to lose and we must go for it, possibly a forward 2 of Sterling and Balotelli, get Gerrard out and Emre Can in to help protect the defence

I would really love to see some of our home grown players in this Canos, Ojo, Rossiter, Kent, McLaughlin etc... but i don't see our manager doing it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 am

It will be though against these and we'll need a strong line-up to beat them. Since we've got as far as the quarter finals and our league campaign is over, I say we go for it. I'd like to see something like this.

Mignolet

Manquillo    Skrtel   Toure    Moreno/Enrique

Lucas   Can

Lallana        Coutinho        Markovic

Balotelli/
                                        Sterling

A lot of these players didn't play against United, so fatigue shouldn't be a problem. Brendan should also stop with the ***** already. Keep the formation simple and get rid of that useless midfield. Play the guys that have actually put in a bit of an effort (Toure, Lucas and even Markovic are a must for me). Emre Can can't be much worse than Allen/Hendo/Gerrard, and the boy looked promising every time he's played so he deserves a start as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:50 am

i bet rodgers is dreading this one imagine if we lose the stick he will get.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Glen Johnson facing a long lay-off after tearing his groin v United. Will miss entire festive schedule.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Is the game being televised anywhere do we know?
Homebooby

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:10 pm wrote:Is the game being televised anywhere do we know?

Yes mate on Sky Sports
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:13 pm

damjan193 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:10 am wrote:It will be though against these and we'll need a strong line-up to beat them. Since we've got as far as the quarter finals and our league campaign is over, I say we go for it. I'd like to see something like this.

Mignolet

Lucas   Can

Balotelli/
                                        Sterling

A lot of these players didn't play against United, so fatigue shouldn't be a problem. Brendan should also stop with the ***** already. Keep the formation simple and get rid of that useless midfield. Play the guys that have actually put in a bit of an effort (Toure, Lucas and even Markovic are a must for me). Emre Can can't be much worse than Allen/Hendo/Gerrard, and the boy looked promising every time he's played so he deserves a start as well.

Yeah time to end the party politics and time to start picking players on merit. Bring Mingolet back in from the cold, give Can an extended run in the side next to Lucas and start giving Markovic more of an opportunity to show what he can do. Oh, and recall Ilorri back from Bordeaux as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Our manager has already said Brad Jones will be playing, said after the defeat to the scum
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:20 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:
Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:10 pm wrote:Is the game being televised anywhere do we know?

Yes mate on Sky Sports

Diolch  :buttrock
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:13 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:10 am wrote:It will be though against these and we'll need a strong line-up to beat them. Since we've got as far as the quarter finals and our league campaign is over, I say we go for it. I'd like to see something like this.

Mignolet

Lucas   Can

Balotelli/
                                        Sterling

Yeah time to end the party politics and time to start picking players on merit. Bring Mingolet back in from the cold, give Can an extended run in the side next to Lucas and start giving Markovic more of an opportunity to show what he can do. Oh, and recall Ilorri back from Bordeaux as well.

Point taken about Jones, but I'd like to see how this formation actually works. For me we look a lot nippier when Lallana and Markovic are out on the pitch, more of a handful. This is what we had with S*S*S last season. 3 nippy players to contain and we made a lot more space and gave people a lot more to worry about. We're so slow now without S & S
Homebooby

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Would defo like to see Markovic get a full 90 mins and to be used properly, your right about the nippy players too
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:35 pm

- Rodgers has confirmed that Jones will start in goal
- Having played in the FA youth cup on Monday, academy players such as Rossiter, Sinclair and Ojo will not be involved
- Johnson, Flanagan, Suso and Sturridge ruled out through injury
- Lallana and Balotelli struggling with rib and groin injuries respectively so may not be risked from the start
- Having played on Saturday Bournemouth have had an extra day for recovery/preparation
- Bournemouth currently sit top of the Championship having not lost a game since 30th September
Eagle

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Eagle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:35 pm wrote:- Rodgers has confirmed that Jones will start in goal
- Having played in the FA youth cup on Monday, academy players such as Rossiter, Sinclair and Ojo will not be involved
- Johnson, Flanagan, Suso and Sturridge ruled out through injury
- Lallana and Balotelli struggling with rib and groin injuries respectively so may not be risked from the start
- Having played on Saturday Bournemouth have had an extra day for recovery/preparation
- Bournemouth currently sit top of the Championship having not lost a game since 30th September

- Thank you for the info
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:51 pm

As so many players are playing so poorly currently saying that we should play our best team doesn’t mean much. No doubt that Bournemouth will come flying out the blocks (at home, massive game for them, full of confidence, etc) so I’d go solid in the first half and bring on some high energy players likes Sterling, Borini and Moreno) early in the second half when Bournemouth start to tire.

I’d really like to see Sakho come in for this game with the view to him starting against Arsenal. Can’t believe he has lost his place to Lovren who is making mistake after mistake.

Jones

Manquillo     Skrtel     Sakho     Enrique

Lucas
                   Can             Allen

Markovic                    Coutinho
                         Lambert

Subs: Borini, Sterling, Lallana, Henderson, Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet
Eagle

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 am

Eagle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:51 pm wrote:As so many players are playing so poorly currently saying that we should play our best team doesn’t mean much. No doubt that Bournemouth will come flying out the blocks (at home, massive game for them, full of confidence, etc) so I’d go solid in the first half and bring on some high energy players likes Sterling, Borini and Moreno) early in the second half when Bournemouth start to tire.

I’d really like to see Sakho come in for this game with the view to him starting against Arsenal. Can’t believe he has lost his place to Lovren who is making mistake after mistake.

Jones

Manquillo     Skrtel     Sakho     Enrique

Lucas
                   Can             Allen

Markovic                    Coutinho
                         Lambert

Subs: Borini, Sterling, Lallana, Henderson, Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet

We created more good chances against Manu that we have in our last 6 games put together due to the high tempo attack, I would give Sterling another chance to make amends and start scoring. Lambert just doesn't offer anything.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games