Liverpool V Blackburn - FA CUP - Sunday 8th March - K.O. 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:31 am

Its always controversial but to compete on ALL fronts you really do need a massive squad with quality and the truth is we don't.

Post match Rodgers gave the impression he knew the lads where a bit off keel and had said don't lose the game, which is odd.

Possible we will be fresher for the replay and put Blackburn to the sword and honestly I think that will be he outcome.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:42 am

I would rather we had an off game and draw in the cup than have an off game in a league match
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:16 am

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:40 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:29 pm wrote:Frustrating ,drab and we looked completely clueless when we got anywhere near Blackburn's penalty box. Completely mystified why the only player who was direct
and causing them problems was withdrawn ,we looked even more dependant on Sterling weaving some magic when Markovic was removed.

Lallana was awful and I cant believe he was afforded 90 mins ,as for Johnson I really cant get my head around why he was selected ,there was one point in the game
he was backing off the runner to such an extent that Markovic had to race back and intercept. So after listening to Rodgers little speech on Gerrard stating he's renowned
for playing players solely on merit and not their status in the game or how much they're paid ,I'm left wondering how Johnson strolled back into the first team  ???

Can should have played the deeper and let Henderson dip into the attack ,rather than the reversed roles they were given ,Balotelli should have been a direct replacement
for Lallana ,some of his crossing from that side was phenomenal against Besiktas ,as opposed to Lallana's weak contribution.

Coutinho was marked out of the game and with Sterling having to consistently drop back to protect Lovren it stifled the Brazilians inventive passing to familiar outlets.

Blackburn defended resolutely ,but surely that was expected  ???

Oh and as for the referee ,I have never known such a scant amount of time being afforded ,surely its 30 seconds per substitution alone ,and the missing minutes from
the injury to Skrtel will probably evolve into a conspiracy theory along side the second gunman .....At least Mariners performance was familiar !

Other than that, you enjoyed it?
:eyebrow

Absolutely enthralled  ??? The only memorable moment in that game was when Blackburn fans sang 'stand up if you've won the league' to which the whole ground
stood up .....perhaps they should have worded it better  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:33 am

In the past when it hasn't quite been our day (like yesterday) we'd usually end up getting beat, we have been dumped out of the F.A cup by the likes of Burnley (when they were a lower division club), Barnsley, Reading and Oldham in the last decade alone so I'm just happy to see us have an off day and survive it.
It's a testament to how resilient we have become that we didn't fall for a sucker punch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 am wrote:In the past when it hasn't quite been our day (like yesterday) we'd usually end up getting beat, we have been dumped out of the F.A cup by the likes of Burnley (when they were a lower division club), Barnsley, Reading and Oldham in the last decade alone so I'm just happy to see us have an off day and survive it.
It's a testament to how resilient we have become that we didn't fall for a sucker punch.

What is this "off day" everyone is talking about? might it be related to unnecessary tinkering by our manager which already cost us heavily this season?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:07 am

Some very good news for us (regarding fixture congestion)!!!!!!!!

Liverpool face the bizarre scenario of having to wait a month for their FA Cup quarter-final replay with Blackburn Rovers following Sunday's goalless draw at Anfield.

UEFA regulations preventing domestic games from clashing with Champions League or Europa League fixtures have ruled out any chance of staging it in the next fortnight, and that is followed by an international break.

Cup replays no longer take priority over league fixtures so Liverpool’s game at Swansea next Monday – which is being televised live on Sky – will go ahead as planned, and the FA have agreed with the Premier League and Football League for Brendan Rodgers’ side to meet Blackburn at Ewood Park on April 7 or 8.

The unusual situation follows complaints from Reading manager Steve Clarke and Bradford’s Phil Parkinson on Saturday about having to stage their replay at the Madejski Stadium next Monday – 48 hours after both clubs are in league action – as they chase a place at Wembley in the semi-finals.

Liverpool boss Rodgers admitted that he would rather wait a month than be in their shoes.

‘I believe the replay is early April, the 7th or 8th,’ said Rodgers. ‘It is certainly not what it is for Reading and Bradford. That is unbelievable. I feel for them, having to play Saturday and again on Monday. It is incredible. It’s unfair for both clubs with so much at stake. I feel sorry for Parky and for Steve and for the players.’

Blackburn are already scheduled to play Leeds on Easter Saturday and Millwall on Bank Holiday Monday, but it is understood that the second of those games is likely to be postponed so the Championship side can play Liverpool on the Tuesday or Wednesday.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:47 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 am wrote:In the past when it hasn't quite been our day (like yesterday) we'd usually end up getting beat, we have been dumped out of the F.A cup by the likes of Burnley (when they were a lower division club), Barnsley, Reading and Oldham in the last decade alone so I'm just happy to see us have an off day and survive it.

What is this "off day" everyone is talking about? might it be related to unnecessary tinkering by our manager which already cost us heavily this season?

Go and have a look at how many games we have played since mid December.
Rodgers actually rotates less than most anyway, certainly less than Rafa.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 am wrote:

I don't care how much he rotates it does NOT work ,their is no justification in an elimination game to completely overhaul the defense and the defensive MF. Sakho and Allen should have been playing ,Johnson should never wear a red shirt ,one thing led to another and the whole balance got screwed and we almost got knocked out. He just doesn't get it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 am wrote:

Yakka, it irrelevant how much we rotate and if we had a midweek game and another at the weekend I could understand but when our next game was 8 days away I don't see a justification for it
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:51 am

Onlyme - when the fk are you going to put something into that glass of yours? To be frank it is not even half empty mate. It is completely devoid of liquid. I wonder if you have even got a fkg glass  :laugh: 

Just what was the unnecessary tinkering? Lucas INJURED Allen INJURED Gerrard NOT FULLY FIT.

Blackburn played a very impressive defensive game and we played some very good football especially in the second half. I wish to fk people could look at the entire picture and giving other teams a bit of credit when they deserve it instead of whinging and moaning....................

Martin Skrtel's injury which disrupted the team and also upset their rhythm seems to have been overlooked by you and a lot of other people. The expression of concern on the faces of several players was very worrying to say the least and I feared the worst as he lay on the ground unconscious. Perhaps you have the ability to ignore incidents of that nature but LET'S FACE IT THE PLAYERS ARE ONLY HUMAN AND IT WAS ONE OF THEIR MATES !!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:03 am

devaney » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 am wrote:Onlyme - when the fk are you going to put something into that glass of yours? To be frank it is not even half empty mate. It is completely devoid of liquid. I wonder if you have even got a fkg glass  :laugh: 

Just what was the unnecessary tinkering? Lucas INJURED Allen INJURED Gerrard NOT FULLY FIT.

Blackburn played a very impressive defensive game and we played some very good football especially in the second half. I wish to fk people could look at the entire picture and giving other teams a bit of credit when they deserve it instead of whinging and moaning....................

Martin Skrtel's injury which disrupted the team and also upset their rhythm seems to have been overlooked by you and a lot of other people. The expression of concern on the faces of several players was very worrying to say the least and I feared the worst as he lay on the ground unconscious. Perhaps you have the ability to ignore incidents of that nature but LET'S FACE IT THE PLAYERS ARE ONLY HUMAN AND IT WAS ONE OF THEIR MATES !!!!!!

I'll whing and moan as much as i fcking want ,till convinced otherwise. Your only constructive point was to update me that Allen was injured (Which i didn't know) ,so if it's all injury based decision that not much i can add right. Anyway Johnson should never play and if Sakho was game fit he should have played...BR has a record of tinkering so don't be surprised. Anyway going to find a glass somewhere.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:07 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:07 am wrote:Some very good news for us (regarding fixture congestion)!!!!!!!!

Liverpool face the bizarre scenario of having to wait a month for their FA Cup quarter-final replay with Blackburn Rovers following Sunday's goalless draw at Anfield.

UEFA regulations preventing domestic games from clashing with Champions League or Europa League fixtures have ruled out any chance of staging it in the next fortnight, and that is followed by an international break.

Cup replays no longer take priority over league fixtures so Liverpool’s game at Swansea next Monday – which is being televised live on Sky – will go ahead as planned, and the FA have agreed with the Premier League and Football League for Brendan Rodgers’ side to meet Blackburn at Ewood Park on April 7 or 8.

The unusual situation follows complaints from Reading manager Steve Clarke and Bradford’s Phil Parkinson on Saturday about having to stage their replay at the Madejski Stadium next Monday – 48 hours after both clubs are in league action – as they chase a place at Wembley in the semi-finals.

Liverpool boss Rodgers admitted that he would rather wait a month than be in their shoes.

‘I believe the replay is early April, the 7th or 8th,’ said Rodgers. ‘It is certainly not what it is for Reading and Bradford. That is unbelievable. I feel for them, having to play Saturday and again on Monday. It is incredible. It’s unfair for both clubs with so much at stake. I feel sorry for Parky and for Steve and for the players.’

Blackburn are already scheduled to play Leeds on Easter Saturday and Millwall on Bank Holiday Monday, but it is understood that the second of those games is likely to be postponed so the Championship side can play Liverpool on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

Is that news for real cr? Google appears to be showing the replay fixture on 16 Mar, one day before our Swansea match. Shucks...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:23 pm

The team didn't play well at all, and that is due to the wrong line out, BR has once again selected the wrong team, and he should had started with two main strikers and change his system to suit this game.

Markovic should not have started and it waste of time from the bigining, which BR had to change him in secod half.. I really don't know what BR sees in him.. he is very light weight full of running, he scared of any physical tuckle!! to put him in a very physical match it a total nonsence!.

When we play teams like Blackburn we need to change our usual system and go direct against them in order to beat them, that is why the team played diferently in second half and we should have rewarded by it only for the useless referee!!.

Had we played like that in first half we would have won it, especially when Blackburn fancied their chances and they were pushing forward to score a goal and left themselves open at the back, but we did not have enough strikers to do the job.
algymoon

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:55 pm

algymoon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:23 am wrote:The team didn't play well at all, and that is due to the wrong line out, BR has once again selected the wrong team, and he should had started with two main strikers and change his system to suit this game.

Markovic should not have started and it waste of time from the bigining, which BR had to change him in secod half.. I really don't know what BR sees in him.. he is very light weight full of running, he scared of any physical tuckle!! to put him in a very physical match it a total nonsence!.

When we play teams like Blackburn we need to change our usual system and go direct against them in order to beat them, that is why the team played diferently in second half and we should have rewarded by it only for the useless referee!!.

Had we played like that in first half we would have won it, especially when Blackburn fancied their chances and they were pushing forward to score a goal and left themselves open at the back, but we did not have enough strikers to do the job.

'Tuckle', thats a new one, at least it wasn't a physical tickle
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 pm

only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am wrote:

You won't give it up won't you? You'll use everything to raise your voice against Brendan, regardless if it's true or not or if it makes sense or not. Fighting to the death, I love it.

There was no tinkering, Allen was injured (even if you didn't know, the fact that he wasn't even on the bench should have been a big enough indication), Sakho has been out for a while, obviously BR feels he's not yet match fit, same goes for Stevie. The only player that was rested was Moreno. But yeah, go ahead and throw your stones at the manager while you still can.

I mean, I can understand some mild criticism when it's justified, I do that myself, but some of you are ridiculous.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games