Liverpool V Basel CL - 9th Dec 2014 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Do or die time lads, WIN or BUST

What's the gut feeling? ??
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:21 pm

We are more than capable of beating them at Anfield it's just that we don't seem to be able to handle pressure that well these days. Plus anytime we have the opportunity to get our season back on track we seem to blow it so I can't say I'm that confident really.
I'm just hoping that we can find a performance from somewhere, a win tomorrow wouldn't half give the whole club a lift and set us up for the second half of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Massive, massive game in the context of this season and pretty much whether Rodgers will survive beyond December.

A win will give us massive confidence against our next tough 2 games against Manure and the Gooners.

Really hoping Rodgers persists with Lucas in the DM role and re-works the front line to get us a goal or two.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 am

I'm sick of do or die games with a a bunch of gutless performances leading up to. Just knock us out already then we can stop pretending the assembled squad is good enough to compete at this level. 

i'm more interested in will happen in January. Will we make a last minute charge for forth spot, will Rodgers get the sack, will we have a striker for the next half of the season etc.. etc..
killerp

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 am

The only thing that makes me hopeful is Monday was exactly 10 years since that Olympiakos game and what happened after that. I can't believe it was 10 years ago
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:33 am

Anything less than a win is disaster.

Europa league... No thanks

The same can be said about United on Sunday,  lose that and we're 10 points behind that sh!te

2 MASSIVE MUST win games.
Kopite-Jud

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 am

All this talk of being patient leads me to believe we will be playing kick and rush again tonight. The onus is on us to get a result so we have to go at them as they will want to play a tight game also and not leave themselves open.
The supposed team selection is

mingy

manquillo                      skrtel                toure                  johnson

lucas

henderson                        gerrard                      allen

lambert

Its a christmas tree formation in line with the seasonal activities and with any luck we will have a nice big present after the game  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:13 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 am wrote:All this talk of being patient leads me to believe we will be playing kick and rush again tonight. The onus is on us to get a result so we have to go at them as they will want to play a tight game also and not leave themselves open.

mingy

manquillo                      skrtel                toure                  johnson

lucas

henderson                        gerrard                      allen

lambert

Its a christmas tree formation in line with the seasonal activities and with any luck we will have a nice big present after the game  :nod

That's only 10 players mate!
Even with another player in there that is one negative line up, if that is the side he picks tonight he will have gone full circle from all out attack to all out defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:13 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 am wrote:All this talk of being patient leads me to believe we will be playing kick and rush again tonight. The onus is on us to get a result so we have to go at them as they will want to play a tight game also and not leave themselves open.

mingy

lucas

henderson                        gerrard          sterling            allen

lambert

That's only 10 players mate!
Even with another player in there that is one negative line up, if that is the side he picks tonight he will have gone full circle from all out attack to all out defence.

LOL, sterling was hiding mate  :blush:  If you look though you can see him inbetween gerrard and allen  :D

Thats what maddock is predicting will start. I have since read a few articles that ojo will be included in the squad as well.
Last edited by red till i die!! on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Allen was in the press conference so I feel fairly confident he'll be starting.

I think we'll line up like -

Mingolet

Johnson     Skrtel     Toure     Moreno

Allen     Lucas

Sterling            Gerrard            Lallana

Lambert
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Alright lads and lasses. I've not been motivated to write for ages now as there's only so many ways you can clutch at straws and express disappointment with the current predicament.

Quite how we ended up where we are now compared to 6 months ago is almost as amazing as how we ended up where we were at the end of last season compared to the first 6-8 months of Brendans tenure.

We continue to forget on here a lot that the last 10 years have been a feckin disaster in general and we've run from one crisis to another whilst hemorrhaging stars along the way. It's just feckin sad to see the way things are at the moment.

I don't expect for one second that we're gonna look anything like challenging our form last season between now and the summer, but I sure as heck hope that we show the pride and passion that we're known the world over for. European nights at Anfield are always an occasion and I want/need to see that tonight.

Huge boost to confidence and perhaps a help for us in January if we qualify, huge kick in the nads if we don't. Anyone who wants to see us drop out altogether needs their noggin looked at.

Perhaps the most pivotal and important 90 mins of our season lies ahead and i plan on watching it from behind the sofa  :D
Homebooby

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 pm

team tonight will be;
mignolet
Moreno
toure
skrtel
Johnson
Henderson
allen
gerrard
lucas
sterling
lambert
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm

As United are talking about spending another £150-£200m again this summer this could be our last opportunity of playing in the CL for a while so I hope the players go out with that in mind tonight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 pm

BR will not have the balls to put lallana & coutinho on the pitch.....we will struggle to create chances but we will keep it tight ....0-0 looks a good bet
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:42 pm

supersub » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:36 pm wrote:team tonight will be;
mignolet
Moreno
toure
skrtel
Johnson
Henderson
allen
gerrard
lucas
sterling
lambert

Very negative side that, the only players in there with any sort of creativity in their games are Gerrard and Sterling, the rest are yeoman types. Could be a long night by the looks of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games