Liverpool v Atletico Madrid 19:30 Today

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Players will get injured this season. We need a better plan B than some of this ***** on show tonight. Ok it's a friendly but still...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 pm

I know the format isn't exactly helping (2 games in 2 days) but this is awful.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Most entertaining part of this game was the ref getting the ball in the nads...
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:13 pm

How da fook does Origi get a yellow card AND the peno??
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Dependable Hendo....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 pm

He's not good enough. Full stop
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Firmino did well to score 2 pens in the one game, not as straightforward as you think that. He dispatched both pens pretty confidently as well (the keeper was nowhere near either of them). If Milner isn't a regular this season Bobby could be a decent replacement for penalty taker.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Was just thinking... You could probably count on one finger the number of times Hendo passed the ball in the general direction of the opposition goal. You might have to do a little trigonometry to resolve the vertical though.
What a dull player to watch.
Captain? Leading by example? My hoop..
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:10 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 pm wrote:Was just thinking... You could probably count on one finger the number of times Hendo passed the ball in the general direction of the opposition goal. You might have to do a little trigonometry to resolve the vertical though.

When you have a lot of creative players in your side like Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino etc you actually need water carriers like Hendo but when he's playing in a scratch side and the onus is on him to create he's out of his depth.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 pm wrote:Was just thinking... You could probably count on one finger the number of times Hendo passed the ball in the general direction of the opposition goal. You might have to do a little trigonometry to resolve the vertical though.

When you have a lot of creative players in your side like Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino etc you actually need water carriers like Hendo but when he's playing in a scratch side and the onus is on him to create he's out of his depth.

Good observation
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 am

woof woof ! » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:57 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:55 pm wrote:Nice to see El Nino again... Whatever you think about him, he was the dog's b0ll0x when he played for us...

He was the mutts nuts in his first three seasons. His final season showed he was (physically and mentally ? ) in decline, we were lucky that Chelsea didn't suss it and we got £50 million for him.

Would have hailed and remembered him as a Anfield hero if he'd left us to return to Spain or some other continental destination BUT to move to one of our fiercest rivals was for me an unforgivable betrayal of the love we'd shown him.

Make no mistake , he knew how much his move to Chelsea would hurt us but in true mercenary tradition, he didn't give a sh*t   :kungfu: .

Don't have any time for the mercenary fkr !
:nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:57 am

Two matches in two days was always going to be a death sentence to entertaining football in the second match and the way Atletico plays sealed the deal. Would like to have seen how our first 11 would have competed but still nice to see we can compete against Europes elite.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:04 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:57 pm wrote:This is Dogshyte... Think I'll do some ironing...

:D

Bored as fk I switched channels after 15 minutes. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:26 am

I'd have liked to have seen how our first 11 would have coped against them last night. Atleti were always going to be a sterner test and if the matches weren't one day after the other we may have got a better idea how we can open these sides up. Nothing to read into yesterday except that Danny Ward could be our number 1 next season.

Oh and never let Hendo take a pen again, his run up alone screamed 'miss!'
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:41 am

We are still having the same problem of last season, and there is a strong evidence that will continue this coming season.
Henderson is not a captain materials despite what other people say!, he is simply cannot lead by example, especially when there are other players are better than him to be in first team, even some the younger players who play better than him!.

As long as the flat foot Klavan plays in defense, you can guarantee he will give a goal away, almost in every game he plays!
I just cannot see that Firmino and Origi will score the much-needed goals this season, they have both been proved to be not CF top finishers. I do think that Mane & Salah will score more goals than the other two CF useless.
The younger players have shown more desire to do well once they are selected, and especially Grujic, Alexandra. even Kent and Woodburn.
Unless we buy a CF a top finisher and top Center Back this summer, we will for sure we have the same situation as of last season, or we might be in even a worse situation of last!.. Sturridge is our best finisher in whole LFC squad, however, he is battered with bad injuiies and we simply cannot depend on him, although he should be kept in squad to be used when he is fit.

New season and no easy ride, the club has not bought well this season, and still depending on much-proven duds! still plenty of hypes but without a real substant
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games