Liverpool v Arsenal Saturday 04/043/2017 KO 5:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Saturday was a great day what with the reds putting the Goonerz to the sword and Bellew knocking that arrogant Cockney show pony into Sunday :D

Right, back to the togger, I thought Lallana was man of the match his pass for our third to Divock with the outside of his foot was world class, the midfield were superb and even the much maligned Mignolet pulled off a save from Giroud that was just simply magnificent.

Arsenal couldn't cope with the sheer speed of our attack on the counter,  and I have to admit that when Wenger introduced Perez and  Walcott my heart kind of sank a bit as I thought here we go backs to the wall again, but their impact was limited by the tireless pressing of Wjinaldum and co. I think like the Spurs game we managed the threat of our opponents expertly and quelled any sign of their better players inspiring a fight back. 

Good stuff !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:08 pm

We are comfortable at home chasing teams down but dont have the bottle to deal with teams that hand it back, we are easily bullied and Arsenal are perfect opponents for us really.

I dont always watch Sunday Supplement on Sky but I liked Jonathan Norcrofts assessment that we have the basis of a good young side but need a few big players with experience who can help guide us on difficult days, stop us rolling over. I would agree but Liverpools transfer policy is very rigid and I just cannot see anyone with that profile being recruited.

We have so much desire and expectation but always seem held back, be wonderful to have a Liverpool that could behave like a football club rather than a franchise, do whats required with shackles off than constantly adhering to policy.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:39 am

I see Sanchez had a bust up with some of his team mates in training on the Friday which apparently led to Wenger's decision to  drop him for the game. Wenger took a lot of stick for leaving him out but what else could he do?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:36 pm

sell him to us this summer
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 am wrote:I see Sanchez had a bust up with some of his team mates in training on the Friday which apparently led to Wenger's decision to  drop him for the game. Wenger took a lot of stick for leaving him out but what else could he do?

Well yakka, remember when Bellamy and Riise had that golf club fight, Rafa asked them to kiss and make up and the next day both of them played and we beat Barcelona...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:25 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:36 am wrote:sell him to us this summer

Not doubting his skill BUT a player that is sitting on the bench actually smiling when his team are two nil down isn't the type of fella I'd want at LFC, the man's a mercenary.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Johnny Foreigner is over here in the first place for just that reason Woof, so do't act surprised!

PSG and Juve are both linked to the lad so who's in the driving seat?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Arsenal will end up with Aubameyang or Lacazette.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:42 pm

maguskwt » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 am wrote:I see Sanchez had a bust up with some of his team mates in training on the Friday which apparently led to Wenger's decision to  drop him for the game. Wenger took a lot of stick for leaving him out but what else could he do?

Well yakka, remember when Bellamy and Riise had that golf club fight, Rafa asked them to kiss and make up and the next day both of them played and we beat Barcelona...

Both Riise and Bellamy were happy at Liverpool though, I'm not sure the same can be said about Sanchez at Arsenal. Alexi looks like a man who wants to be somewhere else to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:43 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:25 pm wrote:

Not doubting his skill BUT a player that is sitting on the bench actually smiling when his team are two nil down isn't the type of fella I'd want at LFC, the man's a mercenary.

:wwww
Maybe they'll sell us Welbeck who I'm sure is a lovely fella. Sanchez is as close a competitor and player to Suarez as there is out there. Exactly the kind of mentality we lack and need.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 pm

aCe' » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:43 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:25 pm wrote:

:wwww
Maybe they'll sell us Welbeck who I'm sure is a lovely fella. Sanchez is as close a competitor and player to Suarez as there is out there. Exactly the kind of mentality we lack and need.

I actually agree with Woof, Sanchez is a great player but players like that are more trouble than they are worth, first him and Ozil want a massive pay rise now all this carry on? There are plenty of other good players out there (Isco, Lacazette, Douglas Costa, Van Dijk, Pulisic etc), if I was Arsenal I'd sell the pair of them and reinvest the money in the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:30 pm

I actually agree with Woof, Sanchez is a great player but players like that are more trouble than they are worth, first him and Ozil want a massive pay rise now all this carry on? There are plenty of other good players out there (Isco, Lacazette, Douglas Costa, Van Dijk, Pulisic etc), if I was Arsenal I'd sell the pair of them and reinvest the money in the team.

We'd have a better starting 11 and squad than they do if they lose Wenger, Ozil & Sanchez. None of the players you mentioned are world class although Douglas Costa is on the verge. I dont see the problem in a player asking for higher wages if they deserve it, and he certainly does. People talk about his mentality and how he is off the pitch but in all honesty, who gives a fck ? He's fantastic on the pitch and drives everyone around him to become better. Besides being a great player, he has fantastic leadership, determination, and you can add experience and a winning mentality to that. You talk about one intangible that could prove to be a risk but I'll point to 10 others that make him a no-brainer for most clubs.

Besides, this whole lack of commitment thing people like to throw out, where does it come from and why is it an issue ? If Real Madrid try to sign the 15 players in our first team, at least 10 of them would want the transfer. In most cases, they dont owe the club any more than the club owes them. Half of them would be asked to consider the deal by the club if the money was right. If you're referring to his commitment in terms of his on the pitch displays, I've never seen him give anything less than 100%. Even coming off the bench against us, he looked their best player and one who was up for it the most. Taking umbrage to him smiling on the bench with his side being down and using it as the only argument ? give me a break.

Big players have big characters and we need a few in our side if you ask me.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Good post Ace but I still disagree, we are not a petro-dollar club so any player that likes to demand eye watering £100,000 a week pay rises is better off somewhere else. I want success but not at any price, a team full of money grabbers like that would quickly make me fall out of love with the club.
To be fair to our flair players like Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Sturridge etc I have never heard any of them mention money once, even Luis didn't, yes he wanted to f[uc]k off and join one of our rivals but that was for CL footy, not money.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 am

if the manager is good, we can compete with very good players. We dont really need the creme de la creme of players. But we need quality in all areas on the pitch. Right now we have very few very good players and several weaknesses on the pitch.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 am

aCe' » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:30 pm wrote:Taking umbrage to him smiling on the bench with his side being down and using it as the only argument ? give me a break.

Argument ? What arguement ?.

I'm not questioning Sanchez' ability, I'm simply stating that with my opinion of his character I wouldn't want him at LFC. Your opinion is apparently unconcerned with the mans behaviour but is instead based purely on his footballing ability , that's ok.

We all have our opinions, like ars*holes, everybody has one   :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games