Lg Cup semi Southampton v Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Let me just say that Lallana has been absolutely garbage tonight!!

We needed recruitments in January for when Mane was away as he has been the focal point of out attacks all season.. Klopp has not addressed this and now we are out of the title race, and out of the cup.

The Swansea game knocked the stuffing out of us and this has just added to a terrible month.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Woeful display.

The only positive i take is that we have so many players out of form that they might all start to hit form at the same time and we'll finish the season strongly.

So frustrating though.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:01 pm

This is turning out to be a dreadful month. One replay 1-0 victory over the mighty Plymouth to show for. Looked like Puel had Klopp's number over the 2 games
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Frustrating, depressing to say the least.
Just great friggin great.

Anyhow Southampton deserved it over both legs. They wanted it more and played their souls out.

Don't know whats wrong with our lot. we've been shyte this month.
DDLDWLL Thats our form in all comps.
Pathetic!
2nd loss on a row at Anfield. Not good at all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Let's face it, Klopp gave up when he took Coutinho off.

Pathetic and gutless performance by the players today, they showed nothing.

Not sure whether Klopp was even bothered winning that game.  :veryangry

Horror month with 2 more important games to come.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:05 pm

After that Im waiting for the pressers where Klopp tells us there isnt a single player obtainable this month that can help this team.

Wheels are off, burned out and found out and the early form now feels like over achivement than firm form.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:56 pm wrote:Let me just say that Lallana has been absolutely garbage tonight!!

We needed recruitments in January for when Mane was away as he has been the focal point of out attacks all season.. Klopp has not addressed this and now we are out of the title race, and out of the cup.

The Swansea game knocked the stuffing out of us and this has just added to a terrible month.

Spot on...cought napping again...reminds me of the BR season when we were in the race and let January pass with no signings...This is really terrible planning or over confidence but it was and is obvious to see....Tonight of all nights Daniel decided to fck everything up..2 3 great chances wasted..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Well looking at it another way better we lost now then suffer a final loss against Mancs. Now that would've hurt more.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Over the 2 legs the better side went through, we are going through a rough patch atm and as tough as it is to take we just have to admit we didn't do enough over the 2 games to warrant a place in the final.Our recent run of form certainly brings into sharp focus the clubs decision not to buy anyone for the second January window in succession though.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:09 pm wrote:Over the 2 legs the better side went through, we are going through a rough patch atm and as tough as it is to take we just didn't do enough over the 2 games. Our recent run of form certainly brings into sharp focus the clubs decision not to buy anyone for the second January window in succession.

No idea what's going on in the background...I mean you know Mane is gone and you just had your best player out injured..So you know in advance your 2 main attacking players are out and you just don't plan ahead?

Mind boggling
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:21 pm

Something not right at all with us at the moment. Don't know if it's a mentality of fitness issue or what. I know we miss Mane but if this is what happens when he is not around, we have some serious problems as a club. The players we had out there tonight and in the other games this month have more than enough to put up better performances than we have seen. Big teams don't suddenly fall to pieces when a important first teamer is not available. You find a way to get a result.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Teams have had a look at Jurgen's gegenpressing style of play and decided that the best way to counteract it is to sit back, defend deep and try to hit us on the break. To be fair it's working as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:23 pm wrote:Teams have had a look at Jurgen's gegenpressing style of play and decided that the best way to counteract it is to sit back, defend deep and try to hit us on the break. To be fair it's working as well.

Yep looks like it. I think with the way we play, it's so important to get an early goal and get the oppo out their shell and come out looking for an equaliser and then leaving more space at the back. Puel has got one over Klopp in terms of tactics over the two legs
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Forgot to mention, wouldn't be surprised if our next target from Southampton is Oriol Romeu. Thought he was excellent in midfield and bossed it in both legs
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Doeboy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:23 pm wrote:Teams have had a look at Jurgen's gegenpressing style of play and decided that the best way to counteract it is to sit back, defend deep and try to hit us on the break. To be fair it's working as well.

Yep looks like it. I think with the way we play, it's so important to get an early goal and get the oppo out their shell and come out looking for an equaliser and then leaving more space at the back. Puel has got one over Klopp in terms of tactics over the two legs

By sitting deep and defending in numbers teams are forcing us to throw percentage balls into the box and to be fair it's a decent tactic because we haven't really got anyone up front who can worry CB's who are half decent in the air.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games