Leicester vs Liverpool mon 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:48 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 am wrote:
parchpea » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm wrote:We need a huge amount of investment now, reports of 5 or 6 summer buys should be in the ball park of 10+ just to get the ball rolling under Klopp, a huge turnover with outs.

I don't know about 5 or 6 summer buys but in the last 48 hours when asked about Sturridges' future at Liverpool Klopp has indicated that  Sturridges and other players future will be discussed at the end of the season.

Fingers crossed that Klopp gets tough with the under achievers and we see some significant changes.

What's worrying is that Klopp didn't deal with the obvious in the beginning of the year....He choose to not bring a natural LB ,not to bring a recognized striker and Defensive Midfielder...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the CB as he didn't expect the Sakho drama to explode..And he probably expected KArius to be an upgrade...All the weaknesses we are seeing today were evident at the beginning of the year...No surprise their i'm afraid..Klopp has been either extremely arrogant in thinking his superior tactics would cover for a lack of talent or he was shutdown by the financial constraints placed by the owners...I mean just the sheer fact he kept Lucas and actuelly lets him play shakes my trust in him..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:05 pm

only me » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm wrote:
What's worrying is that Klopp didn't deal with the obvious in the beginning of the year....He choose to not bring a natural LB ,not to bring a recognized striker and Defensive Midfielder...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the CB as he didn't expect the Sakho drama to explode..And he probably expected KArius to be an upgrade...All the weaknesses we are seeing today were evident at the beginning of the year...No surprise their i'm afraid..Klopp has been either extremely arrogant in thinking his superior tactics would cover for a lack of talent or he was shutdown by the financial constraints placed by the owners...I mean just the sheer fact he kept Lucas and actuelly lets him play shakes my trust in him..

I get where your coming from mate. Klopps personality, so likeable, has perhaps stopped many of us from voicing our concerns as we may have done far earlier under the leadership of previous managers.

I want the fella to succeed BUT he's got to sort out the glaring weaknesses in the team AND not just in terms of personnel, he's also got to take a hard look at how his preferred tactics have fallen short in the English Premiership. Far to often we've been found out by teams of lesser quality who have been able to make our high press coupled with a less than stella defence actually work to the oppo's advantage

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Doeboy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:05 pm wrote:
only me » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm wrote:

I get where your coming from mate. Klopps personality, so likeable, has perhaps stopped many of us from voicing our concerns as we may have done far earlier under the leadership of previous managers.

I want the fella to succeed BUT he's got to sort out the glaring weaknesses in the team AND not just in terms of personnel, he's also got to take a hard look at how his preferred tactics have fallen short in the English Premiership. Far to often we've been found out by teams of lesser quality who have been able to make our high press coupled with a less than stella defence actually work to the oppo's advantage

Spot on mate
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 pm

I think Neville had it right the other night, he said there's nothing wrong with Klopp's tactics, he just needs to find players that suit the system.
He pointed out that we've conceded 33 goals so far this season, 50 last year, 48 the season before that and 50 the season before that one, his point being our poor defensive record didn't arrive with Klopp it preceded him, yes Klopp hasn't sorted it yet but he has been busy trying to implement his own philosophy.
Neville reckons once we find a back 4 and DM who can defend a high line we'll be fine.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games