Hull v Liverpool KO 3pm 04/02/2017

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:07 am

I have been impressed with how Hull turned a corner under new manager Marco Silva who seems to have settled straight in and got an instant kickback from his players, appears well connected and this will help Hull.

Despite that its a game we are strong favourites to win, I feel Hull are pretty good value at 6/1.

We could do with a humdinger from our boys, popping it about in sync with smart movements, us on our A game which seems a distant memory and our point against Chelsea was far from that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:35 am

I hate these games. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a match from start to finish.A sense of dread in the pit of my stomach is building already.

2-0 or 3-0 is not enough to calm my nerves as we can easily concede 3 goals in 10 minutes, until the final whistle blows i'm a nervous wreck. Thanks LFC!!
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:52 am

Although the 3 in midfield all performed quite well against Chelsea I think we are at our free flowing best when Lallana is in the middle so I'd revert back to that system for the run in.
Let's get this team back out on the pitch and see what we can do.

MINGOLET

CLYNE.               MATIP.                      LOVREN.            MILNER

HENDO.                     WIJNALDUM

LALLANA

MANE.                                          COUTINHO

FIRMINO
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 am

We need to win this. No excuses. Drop points against this lot and our top 4 chances will start to slide.

We win however then things might get interesting, because Arsenal or Chelsea (or both if they draw) will drop points this weekend.

But let's win this first.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Same 11 that started against Chelsea but Mane coming in for someone. Hopefully Can not Wij.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Eagle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 am wrote:Same 11 that started against Chelsea but Mane coming in for someone. Hopefully Can not Wij.

Agreed, Wijnaldum is one of the few players who have stood up to be counted over this difficult Christmas/New Year period.
I was just reading there that our key players have missed 18 games this season with most of those games coming in the last six weeks or so, when you see a stat like that it's no surprise that we have lost a bit of momentum.
For the first time in probably 2 months we can field our best XI from the start today so let's see what happens from here on in. This title race may not be quite over yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Lucas at centre back and Can in MF so could be tougher than we thought, nobody can help us in this moment though  :no

Just pray the front lads are at it today to bail us out
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Are both Lovren and Klavan injured?

As most would have preferred Wijnaludm instead of Can but at least we're not playing the suicide trio in midfield, with Lallana back where he belongs and our best attackers up front.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:19 pm

replays show hull player handled in the box, clear penalty not given...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Firmino not even involved yet. All our crosses going to the completely empty box as nobody seems interested in getting on the other end of them. Really should have Daniel or origi in this one.

Didn't think it was a pen. Clearly struck his arm but it took a deflection right before and went at his hand that was at his side.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:33 pm

what a yawnfest!

Have you guys watched Independence Day? the original kick-ass one and not the whimp-ass sequel?

After they took down the alien mothership, Bill Pullman's character the president, while flying a F-18A Hornet gave the order over the radio:

" Spread the word! Tell 'em how it's done!"

It's as if all the premier league managers said the exact same words. Spread the word! Tell them how to counter Geggenpressing!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:42 pm

why play 2 holding midfielder when opposition is just soaking up the pressure, hoping for some luck on the counter attack else happy to settle just for a point. This I just don't understand  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Santa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:42 pm wrote:why play 2 holding midfielder when opposition is just soaking up the pressure, hoping for some luck on the counter attack else happy to settle just for a point. This I just don't understand  :no

Well at least it's not 3 holding midfielders...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Yes...we just suck
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Hull 1- liverpool 0

why am i not surprised!
maguskwt