Hoffenheim v Liverpool Tues 15th Aug 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Salah is always gonna be a threat.. I think he needs to run at his opponent abit more but that will come in time. I think he'll link up better with Couts because he always finds them through balls.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Load of chances with horrid defending by the back 4...typical night for Liverpool...Great result could have been lights out.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 pm

only me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm wrote:Arznold pathetic defending...what was he thinking?

Yes 5 mins from time and he goes ball watching
Last edited by Boocity on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Great result, tough game.
The Raven

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Should, could have been 4-0 or 4-1
At this level...
Poor, poor, poor!
---
We will take a hiding if we get to group stages.
---
This season is going to be hopeLESS.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Can and Henderson partnership is sht. We need Lallana or Coutinho in there to control the midfield better. Terrible in possession, passing game seems to have completely gone out of the gameplan.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:47 pm

aCe' » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:45 pm wrote:Can and Henderson partnership is sht. We need Lallana or Coutinho in there to control the midfield better. Terrible in possession, passing game seems to have completely gone out of the gameplan.

They both do the same job, hence the flatness. One of them needs to be on the bench, with Coutinho or Lallana playing in the other position.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Positives - TAA is actually better than Clyne and isn't afraid to take on his man. Mignolet made some unbelievable saves and defiantly helped us with the win.

Negatives - Lovren defending like a child whose had too much orange juice. Can/Hendo and Gini struggling to control the midfield.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm

That's a great result, a win away against the team that finished 4th in Germany is nothing to be sniffed at, especially when they'd gone 16 months unbeaten at home. Yes the performance wasn't a 100% convincing but I remember us making heavy weather of worse teams than these under Rafa.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 pm

Maybe it's the injury but Hendo is just not good enough to be a holding midfielder or an attacking one either. I was happy enough with Can's input and one holding midfielder should've been enough for today.
kartiek

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Thought we were pretty poor at times during that game and it could be a different story had they of taken their chances.  That midfield tonight was awful and weak. Those 3 can't play together and I'm not sure it improved with milner coming in either. Defensively we were all over the shop at times with a heavy sprinkling of panic thrown in. Lovren and Moreno are the biggest contributors.
Mane MOTM for me  :nod Gave all and absolutely looked shattered coming off. Salah played alright but he has to adapt because he will struggle to find anyone when he gets in behind. He does look to be building up an understanding with TAA who had a good game also considering the occasion.
Keeping the clean sheet would have been nice but still its nice to walk away with the advantage. We will have to much for them in Anfield I reckon and should make the competition proper.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 pm

I thought the biggest concern was the lack of control we had over the game ,mainly due to the lack of a holding MF with the 3 stooges really bring their D league game today...
The Other German coach prepared his team brilliantly tonight constantly attacking Moreno the Idiot (i don't blame Alberto it's all on Klopp for even playing him) and embarrassing our CB's time after time as well with set pieces which we didn't even try defend....On the other Side Mane just demolished them altogether...Firmino taking a more deeper centeral role showed his talent and Salah continue to be with heavy touch and extremely nervous on the ball...It all worked out in the end but you could just feel it could have easilly been the other way around...We really miss fcking Coutinho and Lallana..it become a wingers game with no MF at all..

Next week VVD to start instead of panicky Lovern ,Coutinho back in the middle and Seri instead of WTF Hendo is still doing as a starter.. :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Welshwizard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Moreno is the fault 99% of the time just gets caught out of position which causes mayem at the back. Need hopefully VVD to come in to shore it up and Robertson to get the run at LB. Middle 3 not working at all,  need 2 holding with a playmaker behind front 3
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:57 am

First match I have watched us play where we did not dominate the match and thankfully we won. They controlled the midfield and made a lot more passes than we did so very happy to win. I really thought we might have kept a very rare clean sheet but still a real advantage going to Anfield. It all could have been different had they scored that penalty but we have been due a bit of luck. I cannot see us not progressing.

Good games by Mane, Arnold, Mignolet
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 am

Welshwizard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:50 pm wrote:Moreno is the fault 99% of the time just gets caught out of position which causes mayem at the back. Need hopefully VVD to come in to shore it up and Robertson to get the run at LB. Middle 3 not working at all,  need 2 holding with a playmaker behind front 3

Moreno shouldn't be playing period! That is why we bought Robertson from Hull ,Klopp decision making on Moreno is beyond belief...Just because he played one decent game in pre-season doesn't warrant him a starting position.
It's when irrational decision making comes into place i lose faith in Klopp...Agree with the rest of your comments as well...If we don't get Coutinho back next week worth playing Gruijc instead of Hendo.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games