Fulham vs Liverpool - 12th May - 3:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby the return of HAS » Sat May 11, 2013 6:57 pm

With Kelly, Agger, Allen, Gerrard, Sterling and Suarez all out we should see one or two youngsters in the squad. I think Henderson playing as a number 8 next to Lucus would be an interesting experiment. It’s quite clear Assaidi has no future at the club so I would rather see a youngster take his place on the bench.

Reina

Johnson     Carragher     Skrtel     Enrique

Lucas     Hendo
                             Shelvey

Suso                           Coutinho
                            Sturridge

Subs: Borini, Downing, Teixeira, Coady, Wisdom, Coates, Jones
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 11, 2013 10:09 pm

hopefully its back to business tomorrow and we are ruthless.
no stevie so id go for

reina.
               johnson             carra     agger        enrique

lucas   hendo

downing              coutinho        borini

sturridge

id play coutinho behind sturridge as thats where he is most effective from and borini should start and be given a chance to get some gametime under his belt.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:01 pm

If the lacklustre display against Everton is anything to go by, some of our players are already on the beach psychologically.

We still have a chance of overtaking Everton though.  The Moyes news will hit them hard and it depends how their players respond.  They have West Ham at home before going to Chelsea. If we win both our games then they need 2 points to stay ahead of us.  Can't see them getting anything at Chelsea, so hopefully West Ham do us a favour.

Realistically with us missing the likes of Gerrard and Suarez the chances of us winning 2 on the spin is slim though.  Craven Cottage isn't always a happy hunting ground for us either.  Can see us losing tomorrow unfortunately.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun May 12, 2013 11:46 am

john craig » Sat May 11, 2013 10:01 pm wrote:If the lacklustre display against Everton is anything to go by, some of our players are already on the beach psychologically.

We still have a chance of overtaking Everton though.  The Moyes news will hit them hard and it depends how their players respond.  They have West Ham at home before going to Chelsea. If we win both our games then they need 2 points to stay ahead of us.  Can't see them getting anything at Chelsea, so hopefully West Ham do us a favour.

Realistically with us missing the likes of Gerrard and Suarez the chances of us winning 2 on the spin is slim though.  Craven Cottage isn't always a happy hunting ground for us either.  Can see us losing tomorrow unfortunately.

If the lads come to play then winning in London shouldn't be an issue. We can manage easily without Suarez and Gerrard.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

only me » Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 am wrote:
john craig » Sat May 11, 2013 10:01 pm wrote:If the lacklustre display against Everton is anything to go by, some of our players are already on the beach psychologically.

If the lads come to play then winning in London shouldn't be an issue. We can manage easily without Suarez and Gerrard.
im hoping for Everton to draw against west ham (Carroll winner?) and lose to chelsea on the last game.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sun May 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Sebastian Coates has been named in the starting XI for Liverpool's Barclays Premier League clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage. Andre Wisdom and Jonjo Shelvey are also in the side as Brendan Rodgers makes three changes to the team who faced Everton last week. Martin Skrtel will not feature due to illness. Meanwhile, 17-year-old centre-back Lloyd Jones makes the substitutes' bench for the first time.

The Reds team in full:

Reina

Wisdom   Carragher   Coates
Johnson                                             Downing

Lucas
             Henderson           Shelvey

Coutinho
                      Sturridge

Subs: Borini, Suso, Assaidi, Coady, Enrique, L Jones, B Jones
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun May 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Poor defending but the cross was offside
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:38 pm

3 center backs and no one covering Berbatov? WTF?

Great equalizer by Sturridge though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun May 12, 2013 3:39 pm

What a strike by Sturridge. Also credit to Wisdom, that pass was immense
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun May 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Good finish by Sturridge.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 12, 2013 3:57 pm

the absence of stevie is fairly obvious today.
bad goal to concede especially as we had numbers defending. berbatov was a half a yard offside before the cross but was onside when it was kicked so for me carra and wisdom were at fault for allowing berbatov to just stand there and pick his spot :down: .
got back into it with a good strike from sturridge so hopefully we can finish strongest in the 2nd half and pinch a win
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun May 12, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't get why we played Coates today. Why not play Skrtel? Is Skrtel now behind Coates in rank?
kartiek

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:42 pm

kartiek » Sun May 12, 2013 4:37 pm wrote:I don't get why we played Coates today. Why not play Skrtel? Is Skrtel now behind Coates in rank?

Illness
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:00 pm

So did we beat that away goals record?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun May 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Did we sign Coutinho for 30 years? If not what are we waiting for? What a little Genius. The Missing part in our hardworking midfield.
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games