Fulham vs Liverpool - 12th May - 3:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kukilon » Sun May 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Great for Sturridge but the genious today was Coutinho whatever anyone wants to tell you. Sturridge also ***** me off by his selfishnes when he could have easily have passed Shelvey or Coutinho. It's ok to do Sh*t like that when we have a comfortable lead but not at 1-2.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:36 pm

great play today.  next season I'd  like to see sturridge, suarez and courtinho start every game. well done liverpool, well done mr.rodgers and well done to the fans. great result
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm

redno7 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:36 pm wrote:great play today.  next season I'd  like to see sturridge, suarez and courtinho start every game. well done liverpool, well done mr.rodgers and well done to the fans. great result

Was that the same Sturridge that turned up to play against Everton? When he is on it he is brilliant and today he was on it !! His inconsistency is a frustration and hopefully with more games that wil change. PC is something else and his creativity is what we have needed for some time. Excellent second half performance which got better when the under performing Shelvey went off. Could have easily scored six.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon May 13, 2013 5:33 am

2 pages after a good win??   :no  where is everyone?

Anyway great win, well done Sturridge with the hatrick. Coutinho looks like he will be a future star. Even Borini looked lively.
killerp

Postby redno7 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 am

borini looked great when he came on, hope he keeps that up for next season
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm

great game yesterday and another show of good football to come back from behind and win convincingly.
sturridge and coutinho were absolutely sublime together and have both exceeded expectations in such a short time.
2 pages doesnt surprise me as our season is over but i reckon next year the forum will be alive again with good times and many pages :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 pm

You must say with some of these young players really showing up that we could (and don't slate me here as it's only an observation) be showing a slight similarity to United as they started to dominate the league.  They were able to turn a lot of their young players into world beaters and mixed them in with their older stars.  Then as the older ones retired or went off, the young ones slotted in fine.  Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling, Hendo, Wisdom, Suso, Shelvey, Allen (maybe) Kelly, and I'll even throw in Borini as I think he's looked great since coming back from injury, could all be major players in a few years. That's 10 current players who could be great, so if we keep hold of them and maybe half of them turn into what they could, we could have 5 incredible 22-25 year old players, plus a mix of older experienced guys that we either have or bring in, like Suarez if he stays, Enrique, Lucas (if he can pick it up, otherwise someone like Wanyama would be great) Pepe if he stays, etc.

I dunno, if Rodgers can get this group to feel something is happening at Liverpool and get these boys to stay, I think in a few years the CL won't be too much of a problem, and we may even stage a Title challenge every once in a while.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Mon May 13, 2013 6:48 pm

ethanr » Mon May 13, 2013 5:14 pm wrote:You must say with some of these young players really showing up that we could (and don't slate me here as it's only an observation) be showing a slight similarity to United as they started to dominate the league.  They were able to turn a lot of their young players into world beaters and mixed them in with their older stars.  Then as the older ones retired or went off, the young ones slotted in fine.  Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling, Hendo, Wisdom, Suso, Shelvey, Allen (maybe) Kelly, and I'll even throw in Borini as I think he's looked great since coming back from injury, could all be major players in a few years. That's 10 current players who could be great, so if we keep hold of them and maybe half of them turn into what they could, we could have 5 incredible 22-25 year old players, plus a mix of older experienced guys that we either have or bring in, like Suarez if he stays, Enrique, Lucas (if he can pick it up, otherwise someone like Wanyama would be great) Pepe if he stays, etc.

I dunno, if Rodgers can get this group to feel something is happening at Liverpool and get these boys to stay, I think in a few years the CL won't be too much of a problem, and we may even stage a Title challenge every once in a while.

It's great to read positive and enthusiastic observations even if you do live in a country that insists on calling our great game soccer !!  :grinning:

I agree with nearly everything but I'm not sure about Shelvey. As for CL qualification I think we can give it a real go next year.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm still drunk (in a metaphorical sense ) off the pass from our little Brazilian maestro for Sturridge to dink his third .... pure genius.
Also ,Coates proving he can do a lot more with his feet than wandering around Liverpool One signing autographs,by putting in a more
than competent display.

I said last game that Sturridge can either stink the place out, or look virtually unplayable ,thankfully it was the latter against Fulham
and Pepe made some outstanding stops to keep us in the ascendancy.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm wrote:I'm still drunk (in a metaphorical sense ) off the pass from our little Brazilian maestro for Sturridge to dink his third .... pure genius.
Also ,Coates proving he can do a lot more with his feet than wandering around Liverpool One signing autographs,by putting in a more
than competent display.

I said last game that Sturridge can either stink the place out, or look virtually unplayable ,thankfully it was the latter against Fulham
and Pepe made some outstanding stops to keep us in the ascendancy.

The pass from PC was absolute world class but the dink from Danny simply made it look even better. We would have lost this match last season - in fact we did !!!   :oops:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Totally agree ,Sturridge made the goal look simple ,and was class the whole game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games