Exeter V Liverpool - FA CUP - Friday 8th Jan 2016 KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Doeboy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 am wrote:Ilori hasn't played for a long time and that pitch wasn't the easiest to make your come back on. I'll cut him some slack because think he started to tire pretty quickly running on that quagmire. Enrique looked more concerned at not picking up a serious injury so not to jeopardise potential move ahead of his contract expiring

I think Enrique is done TBH. He was never the quickest defender, but he seems to have lost 5 yards since his serious knee injuries and doesn't seem to be half the player he once was.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Homebooby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:43 am wrote:I'm surprised the positive comments about Texeira, the one thing I walked away from that game saying was that he was useless all night...no strength on the ball and he gave it away consistently....There's a reason I am not a football manager though  :D

:D

Mate Texeira was my personal MoM, not a perfect performance by any means but I thought he showed glimpses of quality the surpassed anything provided by others on the pitch.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Doeboy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 am wrote:Ilori hasn't played for a long time and that pitch wasn't the easiest to make your come back on. I'll cut him some slack because think he started to tire pretty quickly running on that quagmire. Enrique looked more concerned at not picking up a serious injury so not to jeopardise potential move ahead of his contract expiring

Yep this is real life not FM and players don't have a year out and then suddenly start playing like Franz Beckenbauer at the drop of a hat, especially on a pitch like that.
The FA cup is synonymous with big names coming-a-cropper at small grounds and you don't even have to go that far back to find examples of cup upsets involving us either, Rafa famously lost his first ever FA cup tie at Burnley (and that was with Sami Hyypia in the back line) and Brendan lost at Oldham with a side that included the likes of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Skrtel, Henderson, Downing and Allen. Gerrard even came on as sub as well but we still lost.
I'd say the pitch yesterday was worse than those ones as well.
All things considered the lads did a great job in trying circumstances, you are not going to out pass anyone on a pitch like that, on pitches like that it's all down to ticker and sure enough the lads showed plenty of heart to come back from a goal down twice.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 am

I think all the younsters make Liverpool proud, they have played very well considering the conditions. They have even done better than the senior players.
All were outsanding and especially Smith, Brannagan, Ojo, Taxiera, Kent, and even Ilorl played well enough considering he has only played limited football.

We would have won that game only for the useless keeper, Liverpool keepers 1 & 2 not worth to be in squad, and Klopp should do his best to bring in another keeper!  The existing keepers will make a lots of mistakes, it is in them they can't help it, they are both nervy keepers not sure of themselves, and make defenders nervous.
algymoon

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:28 pm

I take it one of those keepers you refer to is Mignolet? the keeper with the most clean sheets in the Prem.league?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 pm

If we win the replay we will face West Ham @ Anfield
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games