Exeter V Liverpool - FA CUP - Friday 8th Jan 2016 KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Really wish Ojo had started and Kent had stayed on, both played really well

Ibe being injured might be the breakthrough that Ojo needed :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Good experience for the young lads, but disappointed with Llori and Enrique. Also thought Benteke was average.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Smith and Kent need a run in the first team, Smith was our best player for the whole game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:03 pm

From those who played I thought Smith Brannagan Ojo Taxiera Kent and maybe Sinclair have chance to develop..The rest pretty avarage...Ilori and Enrique not near our required level..Bogdan 2nd game in a row he allowes himself to be man handled not acceptable for a keeper.

Fair result.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Decent result. First half we played well when we scored. 2nd half for atleast 20 mins they were all over us. Equaliser got our momentum back into the game.
Few young lads had decent games. Texiera, Randall, Smith, Branghan
I thought Ojo did well when he came on.
Enrique and Ilori are knackered out footballers.

Another game added to the list now. I guess it will give the young lads a 2nd chance to impress.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 pm

I thought all the lads did well, plenty of first XI's have been turned over by lower league opposition in this competition over the years and especially on pitches like that.
That was a real throw back to the cup ties of the 70's and 80's and I thought the lads showed a lot of heart to come back from a goal down twice. In a tight ground like that with the crowd on top of you plenty of teams would have let their heads drop especially when that second went in.
Make no mistake our first team wouldn't have fancied playing a lower league team on a quagmire like that, I don't think the likes of Mingolet, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho etc would have relished that at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:11 am

Yeah same here was impressed with the lads commitment. I would like to see Ojo start in the replay.

Wonder when is the replay??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:12 am

Thats cos there f*cking wimps. Cant beat an old cup tie in the mud memories of ronnie radford lol
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:29 am

Klopp at the end of post match cracked me up lool.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:59 am

Enjoyed that. Thought the academy players outshone the 3 senior players who were all very poor. Good energy and fight but we lacked composure giving the ball away far to often when no under pressure.

With 1 or 2 changes to that side and playing on a better pitch we should beat them.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:49 am

Fair play to the kids yesterday ,there's more than a handful who could provide competition to some of the yellow backs we're  currently suffering!  Kent in particular looks like he could be a handful for defences as does Sinclair and Teixeira . I thought Chirivella looked composed when he was introduced and made the play less wasteful, and Brannagan is a tidy little player . I also think people writing off Ilori should wait until he's playing with a recognised defence that doesn't include Enrique ,at least he showed composure and won a fair share of aerial challenges.

As for the rest the less said about Bogdan ,Enrique and Benteke the better.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:49 am wrote:Fair play to the kids yesterday ,there's more than a handful who could provide competition to some of the yellow backs we're  currently suffering!  Kent in particular looks like he could be a handful for defences as does Sinclair and Teixeira . I thought Chirivella looked composed when he was introduced and made the play less wasteful, and Brannagan is a tidy little player . I also think people writing off Ilori should wait until he's playing with a recognised defence that doesn't include Enrique ,at least he showed composure and won a fair share of aerial challenges.

As for the rest the less said about Bogdan ,Enrique and Benteke the better.

Mate Ilori is hardly a recognized defense and he showed why he couldn't even get play time in a relegation team as Vila.....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:56 am

I commented about the pitch before the game and it certainly played a very big part. Liking the look of Brad Smith more and more. Unfortunately he looks like are latest player to succumb to injury.Real shame to see Enrique struggle like that. He was always prone to the odd mistake but so are all fullbacks. When he had Suarez in front of him his contribution at times was fantastic. Poor old carrot head. He looks a bit like a Scarecrow and his movement isn't much greater. He is simply so far out of his depth that it is untrue.Another great shame because I have seen him have some outstanding goalkeeping performances before he joined Liverpool. Kent as others have said looks promising.

At the end of the day the record books will show that five time European Cup winners scraped a draw against fourth division Exeter. Hopefully we will find life easier at Anfield if we have any players left that are not injured !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 am

I'm surprised the positive comments about Texeira, the one thing I walked away from that game saying was that he was useless all night...no strength on the ball and he gave it away consistently....There's a reason I am not a football manager though  :D

I thought Smith stood out and was impressed by the strength and speed of Ojo and that's about it. Bogdan made the business case again for a valid backup to be bought in the Jan window as well....good tactics by Mr. Klopp there.

I've stopped being a broken record on this, but the thing I liked in the 2 I mention above is that they ran at people. It's why I like Lallana and Moreno for instance. I am sooooo sick of the sideways pass and no attack that seems to keep creeping back into our game....when you run at someone, it's hard to defend against and things come from it....we need more of those players.....no shock that since we lost Suarez that part of our game diminished and we have reverted to type.
Homebooby

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Ilori hasn't played for a long time and that pitch wasn't the easiest to make your come back on. I'll cut him some slack because think he started to tire pretty quickly running on that quagmire. Enrique looked more concerned at not picking up a serious injury so not to jeopardise potential move ahead of his contract expiring
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games