Everton vs Liverpool Mon 19th 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Studge and Can possibly back for derby but Matip to miss out.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-12331912
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Bitters haven't lost at home so far this season. They are a bit hit and miss and think the result of this game depends on what Everton turn up. If the play the way did against Arsenal in the second half, it could be a cracking game and goals for both teams. If they play the way the way they did against Arsenal in the first half, think we will be all over them and will coast to victory. However, think there's more chance of it being be a competitive game in the atmosphere of a derby and a difficult one to call
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:59 pm

We've got a decent record against Everton but going to Goodison without probably our 2 most influential players (Coutinho and Matip) is not going to be easy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:27 am

Last victory at Goodison was in 2011. Been a while since we won there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:51 am

redshade » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:27 pm wrote:Last victory at Goodison was in 2011. Been a while since we won there.

I think they've only won one of the last 25 league derbies or something ridiculous like that though (Moyes had a terrible record in derbies and Martinez's record wasn't much better either). You make a good point though, given the way Chelsea are going at this present time a draw probably won't be good enough, we need to win which won't be easy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:57 am

Yup another must win. It all depends which everton shows up. If it is the one vs Arsenal then it will be a very tough game.
Im confident of a positive result however just unsure how Lovren/Klavan will deal with Lukaku.

Can maybe back for this one but i would stick with Lallana/Wijnaldum and Hendo.
It would be interesting if Studge makes the bench.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:34 am

Christ if only we had an £18mil pound defender as a replacement for Matip!
killerp

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:22 am

killerp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:34 am wrote:Christ if only we had an £18mil pound defender as a replacement for Matip!

We've got a DM Brazilian who can play CB. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Given Chelsea's result at Palace we really need to win this now, 9 points is a lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:15 pm

redshade » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:22 am wrote:
killerp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:34 am wrote:Christ if only we had an £18mil pound defender as a replacement for Matip!

We've got a DM Brazilian who can play CB. :D

Bloody hell not Lucas.... im having panic attacks already thinking about him vs Lukaku
killerp

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:19 pm

With Chelsea a setting such a relentless pace we have to win a very hard game with key players missing.

If the first part of the season has told us something its our defence is weak and we simply cannot keep relying on scoring 3 goals every game as much as we enjoy the ride.

Its a matter of keeping within touching distance until January and for me if the club cannot find better defensive players in January its a pretty poor show in a world market, for once break structures and put the money in to guarantee top 4 if not the title.

Minimum a quality DMF short term to protect that back line if FSG baulk at the cost of several deals in the winter window.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:41 pm

parchpea » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:19 pm wrote:With Chelsea a setting such a relentless pace we have to win a very hard game with key players missing.

If the first part of the season has told us something its our defence is weak and we simply cannot keep relying on scoring 3 goals every game as much as we enjoy the ride.

Its a matter of keeping within touching distance until January and for me if the club cannot find better defensive players in January its a pretty poor show in a world market, for once break structures and put the money in to guarantee top 4 if not the title.

Minimum a quality DMF short term to protect that back line if FSG baulk at the cost of several deals in the winter window.

I think the money is there, but Klopp won't sign players for the sake of it. He also won't panic and spend big. I think we'll bring in a winger, midfielder and a striker in Jan. Klopp has said these areas are weak and need addressing. He'll probaly wait until the summer to sort out the defence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:46 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:41 am wrote:
parchpea » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:19 pm wrote:With Chelsea a setting such a relentless pace we have to win a very hard game with key players missing.

I think the money is there, but Klopp won't sign players for the sake of it. He also won't panic and spend big. I think we'll bring in a winger, midfielder and a striker in Jan. Klopp has said these areas are weak and need addressing. He'll probaly wait until the summer to sort out the defence.

Mate, sorting out the defence should be his number one priority, our attack is statistically the best in the division, why waste money on attacking players when there's only Watford in the top half of the table who have conceded more goals than us?
Our defence cost us the title back in 2013-14 and even now in the present a mixture of kamikaze defending and comical goalkeeping has allowed Chelsea to build a 9 point buffer on us which may well prove to be season defining (especially given the games we have got coming up).
If Jurgen doesn't address our defensive issue's in January it might not just be our title hopes going up in smoke but our top 4 hopes as well, United are gaining ground on us, while we have been throwing points away recently they have been quietly clawing themselves back into contention, beating solid teams like Spurs and West Brom along the way.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:28 pm

The bitters will be up for this even more than usual given our position in the league. THEY WILL REGARD IT AS A 6 POINT GAME !! It won't be easy. It seldom is. We need to impose our pressing game from the first minute and quickly get in front. Same team for me that started against Middlesborough. I like Henderson and Can but not together. I would leave Can out for this one. Mignolet has to start.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Yeah i would start Wijnaldum instead of Can.
Can may not be 100% fit.

If Studge is fit then I'd give him last 15 mins or so, depending on circumstances of match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games