Everton Vs Liverpool 07/04  12:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Fortunately, we could afford to draw this game, due to our superior points tally and goal difference to Chelsea.  Even with our second string out there, we still dominated the play/ possession. Everton were even worse than us. Fat Sam hasn't got a clue how to win a big match, fortunately.

Milner/Hendo, Wjnaldum....also shows us that our midfield can't really bag any goals between them. We are too reliant on the fab three. We also need more midfielders with"cutting edge" ability.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:13 pm

I really struggle to understand the logic behind signings like Solanke unless its just moneyball because the lad is so far off being able to compete at this level. Thought he was always a yard and a half off the pace and if its a quick turn he finds himself 3 yards off. He has a long long way to go before he should be considered a part of a matchday squad.

Ings doesn't look any better or worse since before those injuries, He just looks like the same player to me. He puts himself about but is really lacking composure on the ball and just isn't good enough.

Also good to see Clyne back and although he is rusty and lacks match fitness I would prefer we went forward with Trent. The lad is so much more aware and much better on the ball than Clyne especially in the Oppo's half.

Everton were and are cack. We should have wiped the floor with them and would have if we had a full team out or better players in reserve.

In the last 2 weeks I think it has drove the point home about how poor our squad is and it needs to change this summer. We have pretty much flogged 12 or 13 players to death all season and the likes of Firmino, Salah and Mane must be close to burn out. Take those 3 out of that team and we would be in the other half of the table. I think we were also very fortunate that we had those 3 available for as long as we did and there is no guarantee they can replicate it next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Days since last senior goal:

Dominic Solanke: 749 days ago
Danny Ings: 917 days ago
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:13 pm wrote:
In the last 2 weeks I think it has drove the point home about how poor our squad is and it needs to change this summer. We have pretty much flogged 12 or 13 players to death all season and the likes of Firmino, Salah and Mane must be close to burn out. Take those 3 out of that team and we would be in the other half of the table. I think we were also very fortunate that we had those 3 available for as long as we did and there is no guarantee they can replicate it next season.

Just shows you how thin our squad is in terms of strength/Depth.  We need more players of Salah quality if we are to challenge for the title in the next season or two.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:29 pm wrote:Days since last senior goal:

Mate , be fair !

Whilst I agree they're not good enough, before today Ings has spent the last 3 years in "hospital"   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 pm wrote:
Just shows you how thin our squad is in terms of strength/Depth.  We need more players of Salah quality if we are to challenge for the title in the next season or two.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Yeah,  :p  ,  players of Salah's quality grow on trees , let's just go out and pick one.

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:35 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm wrote:

Yeah,  :p  ,  players of Salah's quality grow on trees , let's just go out and pick one.

Are you saying we DO NOT need more strength and depth !  ???

Make a valid argument instead of being sarcastic.. :oops:
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:54 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:37 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:29 pm wrote:Days since last senior goal:

Mate , be fair !

Whilst I agree they're not good enough, before today Ings has spent the last 3 years in "hospital"   :D

True, but to be fair Ings has been given a couple of opportunities. And he's shown zero reasons why he deserves to be at a club with Premier league and CL title aspirations.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:10 pm

That's twice now the Derby has been treated with such disinterest ,I never thought I would see the day when two consecutive derbies would pass without an incident that merited debate. Next season I think I will give both games a miss,I mean if the club cant be arsed anymore why the f*ck should I ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:18 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:10 pm wrote:That's twice now the Derby has been treated with such disinterest ,I never thought I would see the day when two consecutive derbies would pass without an incident that merited debate. Next season I think I will give both games a miss,I mean if the club cant be arsed anymore why the f*ck should I ?

Do you blame Klopp's team selection RBG? For me I don't think I can blame him. We have abit more margin of error for finishing top 4. The Man City return leg must be the priority.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:24 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm wrote:

Are you saying we DO NOT need more strength and depth !  ???

Make a valid argument instead of being sarcastic.. :oops:

Until you desist from making trite observations a sarcastic response is all the majority of your posts merit.   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby algymoon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 am

I thought we have wasted two very valuable points due to a wired team selection and rotation by a wired manager!
Solanke is an utterly useless player, who lacks ball control, nor brain, he had four good chances to score, and as usual, all was wasted, Ings should have been used as CF rather than a wide right striker!.
A very dull game to watch, and we were lucky to get a draw towards the end, as Everton has wasted excellent chances!
Good luck for Tuesday CL second league, it will be a tough night
algymoon

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:10 pm wrote:That's twice now the Derby has been treated with such disinterest ,I never thought I would see the day when two consecutive derbies would pass without an incident that merited debate. Next season I think I will give both games a miss,I mean if the club cant be arsed anymore why the f*ck should I ?

Don't take it personal RBG - It's only business...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:52 pm

algymoon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 am wrote:I thought we have wasted two very valuable points due to a wired team selection and rotation by a wired manager!
Solanke is an utterly useless player, who lacks ball control, nor brain, he had four good chances to score, and as usual, all was wasted, Ings should have been used as CF rather than a wide right striker!.
A very dull game to watch, and we were lucky to get a draw towards the end, as Everton has wasted excellent chances!
Good luck for Tuesday CL second league, it will be a tough night

You'd criticise Klopp even if he won the treble. It's blatantly obvious what the reasoning was behind the team selection. Of all the times to criticise the manager with a cl quarter final on Tuesday
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:26 pm

maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:18 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:10 pm wrote:That's twice now the Derby has been treated with such disinterest ,I never thought I would see the day when two consecutive derbies would pass without an incident that merited debate. Next season I think I will give both games a miss,I mean if the club cant be arsed anymore why the f*ck should I ?

Do you blame Klopp's team selection RBG? For me I don't think I can blame him. We have abit more margin of error for finishing top 4. The Man City return leg must be the priority.

Mags I was fuming yesterday after being subjected to that limp display and if I afford  hindsight the opportunity to blur the rage I felt yesterday then I understand the need for changes ,however in the cold light of day I still feel short changed ! I'm a Scouser fella, the Derby is the first fixture I look for when the fixtures come out and its been that way since the year dot ,why has the Derby suddenly been deemed as insignificant  ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games