Everton Vs Liverpool 07/04  12:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:21 pm

It shows you if our fab three get injury lay offs we are buggered.
We need another decent striker
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:23 pm

One of the worst Neverton sides I have seen in a while, if we had our first XI we would have 4 or 5 past them today. Solanke and Ings are utter garbage and we need to bring in better players to support our front 3.

Klopp was lucky in getting a draw today.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:21 pm wrote:It shows you if our fab three get injury lay offs we are buggered.
We need another decent striker

Nothing Timo Werner won't fix.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:26 pm

eds » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:23 pm wrote:One of the worst Neverton sides I have seen in a while, if we had our first XI we would have 4 or 5 past them today. Solanke and Ings are utter garbage and we need to bring in better players to support our front 3.

Klopp was lucky in getting a draw today.

I'm unconvinced by Solanke, but he's young and I'm willing to give him time....but Ings is done as a top 4 striker.  His injures have robbed him of whatever pace he once had and he lacks the short game to link up with the likes of Mane or Firmino. He'll end up back at a midtable club again like Burnley...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Solanke and Ings need moving on now, Championship quality right there or a bad Premier League team.

I would rather Woodburn and Brewster played today but there you go.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Decent result no injuries I'm happy.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:35 pm

That front 3 of ours papers over a hell of a lot of cracks.
We need to take that Coutinho money in the summer and bring in players with genuine quality.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Well ended up being lucky to get away with a draw at the end, but happy with the clean sheet and the fact that we rested half our starting 11.

We can still afford to lose one and draw one out of 5 games left, even if (and that's a big if) Chelsea win all of their remaining games. We can even afford another draw against Chelsea themselves, considering our far better goal difference.

Have to say though, we definitely need one or two forward signings to serve as back up. We were absolutely dire upfront today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 pm

I have been observing that Klopp's 2nd team is really lacking compared to the first team. I believe his coaching focuses more on the first team to play as team. Once you do 3-5 changes then the team performance level really goes down...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:52 pm

damjan193 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:39 pm wrote:Well ended up being lucky to get away with a draw at the end, but happy with the clean sheet and the fact that we rested half our starting 11.

We can still afford to lose one and draw one out of 5 games left, even if (and that's a big if) Chelsea win all of their remaining games. We can even afford another draw against Chelsea themselves, considering our far better goal difference.

Have to say though, we definitely need one or two forward signings to serve as back up. We were absolutely dire upfront today.

Chelsea won't win all of their games. I can guarantee that.

But you're right on the lack of back-up options. I think Ings will be moved on in the summer, along with Origi. Solanke might also go out on loan, which means we'll get some decent replacements.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Btw i hope I'm not tempting fate here but Karius has come on leaps and bounds, he made another fantastic save today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I knew it would be a dull affair after Wednesday's heroics.
Bring on Tuesday :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 pm

When Kloppo brought on Firmino I thought YES  :buttrock

I was of course assuming he'd take off the lump that was Solanke or the "I don't know really what I'm doing" Ings   :(

Was gobsmacked to see that instead of giving Firmino and Mane maybe 10 or 15 minutes together (and perhaps turning the game) Mane was brought off   :down:

I know the focus is on the next game against City BUT I think we threw away a win today.

Neverton were ***** , apart from a ten minute rally at the end they offered nothing and we failed to take advantage.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:55 pm

The result, team selection and performance was expected...
0-0 is a good point away from home, in a derby utilising most of our second tier squad players.
---
No injuries to report!  :buttrock
---
Over to you Pep.peroni
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Even though i was hoping for a win a draw ain't a bad result.
A dull derby today nothing really exciting to mention.

I thought Karius did really well with a couple of good saves.

I also echo the same what members are saying about our strikers.

We really need an upgrade from Solanke and Ings if we want to succeed. If we were still in the FA cup and let just say a title race do we really think using Ings and Solanke would've got us wins.

If we are going to try and compete on all fronts next season then we need quite a few upgrades in our squad. I'm hoping Klopp does go for a good striker to back up Salah. Maybe he could go for a similar versatile player like Salah who can poke them in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games