Everton V Liverpool - Sunday 4th October K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Less than 24 hours to go and no thread is up, we all seem busy discussing the manager's position and this match may very well decide his outcome

No Benteke, Henderson, Lovren

Minimum requirement of this match is a draw, but a win if he wants to keep his job

I think we need to go with our STINGS attack, Sturridge and Ings, supported by Coutinho and why not find a place for Lallana in there as well
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:55 pm

I don't think Goodison is the place to play a young player like Gomez (i.e someone who might have a mistake in him), if he dropped a clanger that led to a goal their fans would be on his back big time, in fact the experience could ruin him. We don't want a repeat of what happened to Andre Wisdom, before Mirallas gave him the run around at Goodison he was pretty much seen as a star of the future himself.
Evertons midfield is a lot more dynamic than ours and the likes of Barkley and McCarthy could have a field day if our players aren't up for this, Lukaku is playing the best football of his career as well so someone will have to watch him.
I must admit I'm not confident about this game at all, I watched Everton beat Southampton 3-0 at St Mary's and Chelsea 3-1 at Goodison and they looked a really good side, I saw most of their performance when they drew 0-0 at Spurs as well and they were the better side that game too.
My only hope is that Everton do have a tendancy to choke when they play us but the way we are playing atm they really would have to have an off day for us to win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:55 pm

If he knows he's going then he should go out playing the style of football he wishes to propagate ,and a return to the blueprint he promised to adhere to.
None of this WB shite ,and three at the back ,this is the side I would like to see.

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho Moreno
             Lucas
       Teixeira Can 
          Coutinho
      Ings Sturridge 
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:40 pm

I'd go with a similar lineup. Milner is going to start after doing well in his last league outing and rightly so. But our midfield needs to be sorted out in January by whoever is in charge because its embarassing atm. None of the 3 in your starting lineup (or Milner) would get into the Everton side never mind a top4 club.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Really doubt he will drop capt fantastic for this and I would love to see Tex play but it ain't going to happen. Is he injured or just out of favour because he hasn't been involved in anything so far this season.

Our defence needs to remain focused tomorrow and stop gifting goals in the manner they do and we might get all 3 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:45 am

aCe' » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:40 pm wrote:I'd go with a similar lineup. Milner is going to start after doing well in his last league outing and rightly so. But our midfield needs to be sorted out in January by whoever is in charge because its embarassing atm. None of the 3 in your starting lineup (or Milner) would get into the Everton side never mind a top4 club.

Yeah I agree, this is probably the worst midfield we've had since our second division days and as you say the club need to do something in January.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:45 am

If we all want the manager gone then this is the game really, short term pain long term gain.

Defeat by 3+ makes his position untenable and a lower margin still makes it extremely difficult.

Personally I would take the hit to get shut of Rodgers but have a feeling we might win.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 am

I have no expectations. The Bitters will probably lose just to ensure we keep BR for a few weeks longer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 am

Stick to 3-5-2 which has been improving. No whole sale changes; the team is no Barcelona or real madrid or the Spanish or Brazilian national teams. Go with the same line up as against villa and only do incremental changes like coaching the players how to defend and cover one another! And never ever play Lovren anymore! In fact he should be sold before he recovers from injury. (ok I'm exaggerating abit). Familiarity with a formation will cut down the individual mistakes and improve passing; which are the actual causes of our bad performances.

This season's team is a new team, BR can't afford to chop and change! 3-5-2 is the go to formation. Do not listen to the couch managers on here!  :;):
Last edited by maguskwt on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:27 am

maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:18 am wrote:Stick to 3-5-2 which has been improving. No whole sale changes; the team is no Barcelona or real madrid or the Spanish or Brazilian national teams. Go with the same line up as against villa and only do incremental changes like coaching the players how to defend and cover one another! Familiarity with a formation will cut down the individual mistakes and improve passing; which are the actual causes of our bad performances.

This season's team is a new team, BR can't afford to chop and change!

The 3-5-2 doesnt work. Conceding 2 against a ***** side that has failed to score in half the games they've played regardless of whether we went on to win or not should be reason enough to change things around. Our defense and midfield are going to struggle time and again if we keep the 3-5-2 and I never quite understood why we moved from the diamond in the first place. After we lost Suarez, we should have brought in a top forward and maintained our formation/setup/style of play. A change to 4 at the back with 2 upfront could be the catalyst we need.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:35 am

aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:27 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:18 am wrote:Stick to 3-5-2 which has been improving. No whole sale changes; the team is no Barcelona or real madrid or the Spanish or Brazilian national teams. Go with the same line up as against villa and only do incremental changes like coaching the players how to defend and cover one another! Familiarity with a formation will cut down the individual mistakes and improve passing; which are the actual causes of our bad performances.

This season's team is a new team, BR can't afford to chop and change!

The 3-5-2 doesnt work. Conceding 2 against a ***** side that has failed to score in half the games they've played regardless of whether we went on to win or not should be reason enough to change things around. Our defense and midfield are going to struggle time and again if we keep the 3-5-2 and I never quite understood why we moved from the diamond in the first place. After we lost Suarez, we should have brought in a top forward and maintained our formation/setup/style of play. A change to 4 at the back with 2 upfront could be the catalyst we need.

Like I said, diamond works with the personnel we had back then. Not now. It will be suicidal to chop and change when the current formation has been improving. Conceding 2 was down to individual mistakes and unfamiliarity which Chopping and changing won't help. If BR wanted to experiment with diamond, it should have been done pre season. Or do it in the league cup or something.

I'm not gonna debate anymore. We're all couch managers! We'll agree to disagree!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:50 am

Btw did you guys watch Chelsea - Southampton? Southampton players ran their socks off for 90 mins! What a performance and spirit shown by them. It was similar to how we played 2 seasons ago. I wish we would play like that! Koeman is manager to watch out for!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:38 am

Good to see Mr Henry will be in attendance to see what their boy has done with the place...

I'm hoping Everton really embarrass Rodgers and send the message to those Yanks. Your boy wonder is done, he can only tale the place backwards from here.

Rodgers has been given time, huge amounts of money for our standards & unquestionable support from the yanks. No one can argue that we have not given him a real chance to succeed.

If Rodgers stays, he is officially the poor mans Arsene Wenger.
killerp

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 am

On the other hand this is also the Alex Ferguson 'do we sack him' moment after which he went on to wipe the board for years to come.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:58 am

I don't think there's any real fear of Rodgers doing that Reg.

This one's a nervous one. I can see Everton getting one over on Liverpool given current form.
tonyeh

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games