Everton V Liverpool - 23/11/13 12:45 K/O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:10 am

A very short trip to Goodison for Saturdays game.

Last season we played out two draws although there was controversial moments in both.

Currently in second and 2 points off Arsenal a win would put us top even if it just for a matter of hours

A win for Everton would put them level points with us on 23.

After a break for internationals not sure how the players will come back.

Players to watch out for

Liverpool - Suarez will have a long flight and little rest to prepare for this game so if BR does start him im not sure if he will fufil his potential although he does love a goal v Everton.

Gerrard always loves these games and there might be a merseyside derby debut for Mignolet,Toure,Sakho and possibly Moses.

Everton - Lukaku a very strong a bustly forward but will have to be hitting the weights for a good few hours before coming up to the strength of Sakho so if both are selected that could be a good match up.

I fully expect us to return to CBs with Sakho, Skrtel and Agger. Hopefully Enrique can start as I would rather have Brendan picking himself at Lb then Cissohko.

Martinez loves to play with the ball and alot of passing so Ideally I would like to see Hendo play a great engine who never seems to tire. Gerrard as i Said loves these games so he will be well up for it and after his fantastic game V Fulham you would hope he can turn in another great performance.

Coutinho a very soft player and could easily be bullied out of this game so I would give him a start on the bench and bring him on to add some creativity later on in the game.

Sturridge and Suarez to hopefully claim another scalp in their demolishen of premier league d efences.

I predict a 0-2 win

Mignolet
       Skrtel         Sakho      Agger

Johnson                                   Enrique

Gerrard       lucas

Henderson

Sturridge                Suarez

Ill have a go at predicting the Everton team

Howard
Coleman       Jagielka     Distin        Baines

Barry    Mccarthy

osman

Mirralas                   Lukaku              Pienaar

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Very very tough game. They've not lost a home league game in 2013. The last manager to beat them there in the league was a certain Rafa Benitez.

Had they not signed Lukaku on deadline day I'd be very confident as they had nothing at all upfront. He is a major threat. They play a bit more football under Martinez than they did under Moyes so that may play into our hands a bit. Be interesting to see if we stick with 4 at the back or shift to a 3. I say this because last season we started with a 4 and were getting completely outrun. Wisdom got hauled off and Coates came on and we went to a 3 which completely nullified Everton's threat.

Just hope Suarez and Sturridge are ok physically. If so, we should have too much class for them going forward imo.

1-2. Suarez and Gerrard.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:54 pm

massive game anyway but more important as both have had a great start.
its going to be tough and we will need to be on top of our game to walk away with a result.

mingy
                        johnson               skrtel               toure          agger/enrique

lucas

henderson           gerrard             coutinho

sturridge          suarez

this isnt the game for mixing it up to much and making several changes.
id have toure in there for his leadership as we will need to be organised and diciplined.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Straight forward game this, if we're striving to be top four fodder then we should be putting these to bed.

Bluenose sh!tbags 1 - 3 LFC (Suarez 2, Gerrard)

I'll have a go at predicting the Everton team ...

Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:12 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm wrote:massive game anyway but more important as both have had a great start.
its going to be tough and we will need to be on top of our game to walk away with a result.

mingy

lucas

id have toure in there for his leadership as we will need to be organised and diciplined.

I agree that it tends to go better when you don't mix it up too often but I have a feeling that Rodgers will revert to 3 at the back in an effort to ensure Lukaku is kept quiet.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:12 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm wrote:massive game anyway but more important as both have had a great start.

mingy

lucas

I agree that it tends to go better when you don't mix it up too often but I have a feeling that Rodgers will revert to 3 at the back in an effort to ensure Lukaku is kept quiet.

ive a feeling he will myself but who does he drop for sakho though ? and does he play coutinho then for either hendo, lucas or stevie. 
having both johnson and enrique fit will be a bonus but the problem will be creativity from midfield. unless we go one up top and drop sturridge to accommodate coutinho that way.
with the flat back 4 toure is experienced and strong enough to keep lukaku in his pocket.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 am

redno7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:05 pm wrote:I'll have a go at predicting the Everton team ...

Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag

Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag      Bluenose sh!tbag

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:51 am

We win the midfield, we win the game. Simple as that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:35 am

I suspect, if he reverts to three at the back, our line will look like -

Mignolet

Toure     Skrtel     Sahko/Agger

Gerrard     Lucas

Henderson     Countinho     Enrique/Moses

Sturridge     Suarez
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 am

I know the opposition in our last game were so bad we could have played one at the back.But make no mistakes we made Fulham look even worse than they are. I accept that Everton are a step up but I just don't get excited about three at the back with the options available. A back four of Johnson Agger Skrtel and Enrique have an understanding that works reasonably well. When Johnson and Enrique were injured then I could understand the reason for trying something different. We need a positive attacking midfield to win this game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:37 pm

It was a great win 2 weeks ago but Fulham have one of the shittiest midfield in the league. It was a walk in the park for us and it should have been expected. Now we'll be playing at Goodison against the likes of Barkley, Barry, Osman, McCarthy and I expect a completely different game.

With Enrique apparently missing the game and going to the hospital for an op, Kelly in a similar situation, Sturridge with that injury from the internationals, Suarez with jet lag and Gerrard on injections, I really don't expect us to be the first team to beat Everton at the Goodison this season. I won't complain if we draw this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:54 pm

I think I'd like to see Sakho start this one.  Yes he played well for France and it'd be nice to have that option for us on set pieces, but more importantly we need to stop Lukaku, who's given us plenty of problems the last few times we faced him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby babu » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:30 am

this game coming after an international break scares the cr.ap outta me. I can't remember the last time we came back with a decent performance after a break.

I'd grab 0-1 win or even a draw here.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:43 am

Rumours are Sturridge is a doubt, assuming this I expect we would revert to a 4-4-1-1

Mignolet

Johnson    Skrtel     Sahko     Cissohko

Henderson     Gerrard     Lucas     Moses

Coutinho 

Suarez
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Or perhaps Johnson on the left and either Toure or Kelly on the right? The good thing about having Johnson on the right side though is that being very attacking minded, Baines wouldn't be so adventurous going up.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games