Everton V Liverpool - 23/11/13 12:45 K/O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Best Derby I've seen for years .....voice has completely gone. Suarez's goal was just born of genius ,and I thought the roof was going to come of Goodison
when Sturridges header hit the net ......possibly the best atmosphere I've ever heard at a derby for a  long time.

:buttrock  YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm wrote:i actually thought we lost something when allen went off! yes it was a shocking miss but at least he was busy and kept harrying the everton midfield.
surprised people can call out the likes of allen, hendo and lucas for their performances without mentioning gerrard who proved again that he`s okay playing against the also rans of the division but as soon as we come up against a good side he becomes a liability.
he was supposed to be marking merielles for their first goal and he nearly gifted them another goal by giving the ball away in a dangerous position,  if that was lucas or hendo people would be slating them to high heaven.
johnson looked very sluggish and lethargic and it seemed to take him an age to react to any situation, agger and skrtel were pretty much the same as well. they looked like sunday league players who had been on the ale the night before.
we missed 2 great chances but to be fair our keeper was much the busier and if it wasnt for him it could have been embaressing. he must have made 4 one on one saves, we could have had 7 put past us there today.
the ref was abysmal, he had a shocker himself

TBH most of them were awful today, Gerrard probably his worst ever derby performace, he was poor but stll created 2 goals from set pieces, Johnson was awful in possession all game. The only players to come out of the game looking good were Suarez, Mignolet and maybe Couthino IMO. Everton should of beat us comfortably
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm wrote:i actually thought we lost something when allen went off! yes it was a shocking miss but at least he was busy and kept harrying the everton midfield.
surprised people can call out the likes of allen, hendo and lucas for their performances without mentioning gerrard who proved again that he`s okay playing against the also rans of the division but as soon as we come up against a good side he becomes a liability.
he was supposed to be marking merielles for their first goal and he nearly gifted them another goal by giving the ball away in a dangerous position,  if that was lucas or hendo people would be slating them to high heaven.
johnson looked very sluggish and lethargic and it seemed to take him an age to react to any situation, agger and skrtel were pretty much the same as well. they looked like sunday league players who had been on the ale the night before.
we missed 2 great chances but to be fair our keeper was much the busier and if it wasnt for him it could have been embaressing. he must have made 4 one on one saves, we could have had 7 put past us there today.
the ref was abysmal, he had a shocker himself

TBH most of them were awful today, Gerrard probably his worst ever derby performace, he was poor but stll created 2 goals from set pieces, Johnson was awful in possession all game. The only players to come out of the game looking good were Suarez, Mignolet and maybe Couthino IMO. Everton should of beat us comfortably

Bit Harsh Mate ,we didn't control the game as we all wanted (to be expected in a hostile Derby game) but we scored 3 goals ,created more chances and looked pretty dangerous going forward.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Tophatman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm

damjan193 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:17 pm wrote:If we lose points Joe Allen should kill himself.

Behave yourself lad....what a c..k!
Tophatman

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:37 pm

What a fantastic game and testament to both managers who are forward thinking and appreciate good football unlike their predecessors.

How Allen missed that I will never know and I suspect that may be a defining moment in his Liverpool career. Feeling the club may cut their losses
as no way is he was a £15m player. Cut and run.

Flanno was outstanding and losing out to Lukaku for their third is no problem, he shouldn't have been picking him up.

Draw is a decent result there in what was an open and entertaining encounter.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 pm

parchpea » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:37 pm wrote:What a fantastic game and testament to both managers who are forward thinking and appreciate good football unlike their predecessors.

How Allen missed that I will never know and I suspect that may be a defining moment in his Liverpool career. Feeling the club may cut their losses
as no way is he was a £15m player. Cut and run.

Flanno was outstanding and losing out to Lukaku for their third is no problem, he shouldn't have been picking him up.

Draw is a decent result there in what was an open and entertaining encounter.

Good post.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 am

devaney » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:01 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:35 pm wrote:I'm not really blaming Allen... but he WAS one of our weaker players... and one of our best, coutinho, was wasted out right... that was the two main weak points in our team which contributed little. It's about time BR started fixing Coutinho's position as an AM and build around it...

The goals we scored are not because of team work or team performance... all were from set pieces... I put this draw down on BR...

but it's funny how some of you say we won't finish top 4 when we lose and then say we can win the title when we win... the league is very tight... if we can be consistent we have every chance of finishing in top 4...

I find it funny that when we lose or draw it's down to BR and when we win it was down to the team. Funny old game........

Too true that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:49 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 pm wrote:Rodgers contemplating starting Flanagan at LB ,as he says the lad has been outstanding in training, and just keeps getting better and better.

If that's a joke it's too f*cking deep for me. If it's for real where can I get an application form for the Liverpool FC managers job ?

Sorry mate no chortling from me ,and the very best of British with your new career  :D 

:D , Ripped up my application form RBG. The lad started a bit shakey and I thought he was gonna be in for a right roasting but to be fair he had a very good game.

Great match at 2-1 I thought we might find a third and seal it but Allen had other idea's.

Ultimately the game could have gone either way as Everton also fluffed some great chances. A draw was probably a fair if disappointing result for both sets of supporters.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:32 am

You needed 14 aways from last season to acquire a ticket for the Derby and after that performance its easy to see why. The best Derby for years, bettered only by the 4-4 just before Kenny resigned in 1990.

Incredible atmosphere and a match that finally lived up to it's billing. Gone was the cagey over physical nature of this game (Mirallas excepted) and in came an attacking style and intent that left you breathless.

Allen's miss at 2-1 and the Ref's inability to recognize a career threatening tackle were significant moments. However for the neutral it was a feast of entertainment, for fans and managers a roller coaster of emotions.

I watched the game with my Son, my God Daughter and her parents . Their Blue, we are Red. Both giving it large and bouncing around before shaking hands at the end. Its how it is supposed to be and used to be but sadly your modern day fan measures his passion on how much he hates the opposition rather than how much they love their own club. Sad.

On Mirallas. If he tackles ANY OTHER PLAYER but Suarez like that he walks but sadly Luis suffers from the mistakes of the past. He has been punished for his transgressions so its unfair that he continues to receive a different outcome from Refs but there you go. Its a shocker and you had to be 18 to watch it in slow Mo on MOTD !

Overall a draw rescued from the jaws of defeat.

Everton have come from behind to win in the Derby just ONCE since the War. Long may that continue !

Walk on ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 am

Dalglish » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 am wrote:You needed 14 aways from last season to acquire a ticket for the Derby and after that performance its easy to see why. The best Derby for years, bettered only by the 4-4 just before Kenny resigned in 1990.

Incredible atmosphere and a match that finally lived up to it's billing. Gone was the cagey over physical nature of this game (Mirallas excepted) and in came an attacking style and intent that left you breathless.

Allen's miss at 2-1 and the Ref's inability to recognize a career threatening tackle were significant moments. However for the neutral it was a feast of entertainment, for fans and managers a roller coaster of emotions.

I watched the game with my Son, my God Daughter and her parents . Their Blue, we are Red. Both giving it large and bouncing around before shaking hands at the end. Its how it is supposed to be and used to be but sadly your modern day fan measures his passion on how much he hates the opposition rather than how much they love their own club. Sad.

On Mirallas. If he tackles ANY OTHER PLAYER but Suarez like that he walks but sadly Luis suffers from the mistakes of the past. He has been punished for his transgressions so its unfair that he continues to receive a different outcome from Refs but there you go. Its a shocker and you had to be 18 to watch it in slow Mo on MOTD !

Overall a draw rescued from the jaws of defeat.

Everton have come from behind to win in the Derby just ONCE since the War. Long may that continue !

Walk on ........

Nice post, thanks

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Dalglish » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 am wrote:

Spot on Dalglish, Mirallas the dirty beast should have been suspended for half the season.

Awful, awful tackle that was almost season ending for one the world's top players.

Happy that Rodgers had a go at the dirty f**ker after the game, more needs to be down to stamp out this thug type behaviour from our game.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:11 pm

I know that Mirallas got a yellow but under the new rule changes can the offence be looked at again with a view to a possible ban?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Awright peeps?  :D  I think most has been covered by posts above regarding the game. For me it was more 50/50 than a walk over as we both had our share of chances, arguably Everton had the best of em. Excellent goalkeeping display from our new guy and in general I really enjoyed watching the game. We can argue all we like about the weaknesses in the team and there's few who'll come down on the side of things being where they need to be to win the league, clearly they aren't. That said, we've still got to be happy with our current position in the league and I hope that the powers that be open the koffers in Jan to give us that extra boost. We're still in an excellent position for a bite at the top 4 and CL football again........not many on here thought we'd be anywhere near that at this stage in the season.

That said, it will be interesting to see if we can hold our nerve now that other teams are starting to wake up. Chelsea looked like themselves again for the first time in a while....Arsenal are on a roll with quality to spare and I expect ManU to start climbing now. Up until the Jan window will be critical for us now and I think it will make or break the season. Yesterday was a big pressure game and we could have collapsed, but we salvaged a point from a substitution.....when was the last time that happened :)

Was a pleasure to watch our team in the talk of the weekend though.....
Homebooby

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Damn, didn't think that it was THAT bad at first but looking at it now, it's a terrible tackle. I actually thought that Dowd had a good game overall but he should have shown red for this without thinking.

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:42 pm

It was a horror tackle and he should have walked.  His unpunished thuggery kept Everton in the match.  Rooney should have been sent off to against Cardiff.  :veryangry
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games