Crystal Palace v Liverpool - Saturday 29 October KO 5:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:23 pm

We've got Matip on a free...how much did Stones cost City again?

We've got Ojaria for peanuts...how much did Pogba cost United?

#impressed
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:24 pm

FT 4-2...good points. In the end it was comfortable

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:25 pm

So City and Arsenal got 4...we did the same

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Great result was very tough. Well played lads especially Coutinho.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:48 pm

A very good win... especially against Crystal Palace away...  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:48 pm

3 points bagged...
WE GO AGAIN!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:16 pm

We weren't at our best today but even so we showed a lot of character to come away with the 3 points. After being pulled back twice we could have easily unraveled there and indeed Liverpool sides of the recent past would have certainly crumbled but the players dug in and eked out the win.
We are starting to developing a mental toughness that I haven't seen for a long while in a Liverpool side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:20 pm

I agree mate, we will need this mental toughness if we are to compete for the title.

Crystal Palace temp increased in the 2nd half, they pressed better and could've got an equaliser. Firmino goal thankfully killed them off.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:37 pm

redshade » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:20 pm wrote:I agree mate, we will need this mental toughness if we are to compete for the title.

Crystal Palace temp increased in the 2nd half, they pressed better and could've got an equaliser. Firmino goal thankfully killed them off.

Yeah mate we probably rode our luck on a couple of occasions but every team has to do that every now and again (including the successful ones), the important thing is that we didn't fall apart.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:34 pm

We aren't perfect but nobody else is so for me we are title contenders and can definitely allow ourselves to think about the season in those terms.

Big test of our metal today and we scrapped it out, goals from two centre backs and should have been more.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 am

Despite defensive fragilities can't complain about another valuable 3 away points in the bag

Long way to go but least we definitely in the mix

You can't ask for much more then that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:16 pm wrote:We weren't at our best today but even so we showed a lot of character to come away with the 3 points. After being pulled back twice we could have easily unraveled there and indeed Liverpool sides of the recent past would have certainly crumbled but the players dug in and eked out the win.
We are starting to developing a mental toughness that I haven't seen for a long while in a Liverpool side.

This. Our "character" is growing and  (finally) we are not folding after going a goal down. Things are looking bright.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:34 am

I can't remember the last time in the first 10 games it was tight like this at the top. If Chelsea win tomorrow 3 points separate 1-5.

Also its awesome to see Man untd drift away. Long may it continue.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:45 am

Santa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:We've got Matip on a free...how much did Stones cost City again?

We've got Ojaria for peanuts...how much did Pogba cost United?

#impressed

Ejaria mate.

Yes your right, and I have been saying it for ages, that you don't necessarily have to go out and spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy quality players. What City spent on Stones and Sterling simply creates a bigger divide between the top and bottom clubs.  What United spent on Pogba was absolutely crazy.  In the same way that Balotelli looked good playing in Italy so did Poga playing for Juventus.  I am not for one minute suggesting that the lad is rubbish, I am simply making the point that he is not worth anything like £90m. Not many years ago we bought Suarez and Torres for approximately £22m each and when they were both sold we made a total of approximately £70m. Shame they were sold (not so much Nando as he was well and truly passed his best) but  let's face it it was a very decent bit of business. And as I have said before football is a business, it is not a registered charity. Just what will City make when they eventually decide to sell Sterling and Stones ? My guess is they will probably make a loss!  The same will almost certainly apply to Pogba.

Getting the best out of your players, as Klopp is successfully demonstrating,  is a far better way forward than employing a bunch of overpaid prima donnas !! As supporters, often through utter frustration, we are very quick to criticise the actions of the club. The transfer committee and Rogers are a classic example.  Yes they have made plenty of mistakes in the transfer market but that also applies to virtually every other club in the Premiership. Klopp as some people expected has not been drastic in the transfer market.  He is simply getting the best out of what he has got and that as far as I'm concerned is far more important than spending idiotic money.  There are several players in that team that are currently doing a very good job that many of us would have been quite prepared to let go sometime ago. I suppose that Is why Klopp gets paid £7.5m a year and I sit in my armchair !!

More of the same please Klopp and keep up the amazing work. Mind you I did say something similar when Rogers went on a 14 game winning streak and nearly won the league !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:23 am

BTW - Allen Pardew what a wnker ,his post match comments just prove what a fcking idiot this person is...Not that we needed to hear it.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games