Chelsea vs LIVERPOOL 16/09 8pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:41 am

It was a excelent first half performance, but cannot say the same about the second half, the team was very shaky still weak in defensive, however this team cannot keep a clean sheet it will be luxury to do that, it will for sure hunt Klopp's team through out the whole season, and will see its bad effect at of the season!.. Central midfield is very weak and Wijnaldum is very light weight to carry out the task of protecting the defence! he can't hold the ball and gives it away most of the times, Stewart or Lucas are a better options.

Henderson has played well and scored an excelent goal. As a striking force we don't have a better option than Sturridge!, Origi still weak, and his improvment is slow!
A well deseved win, and I hope the team to do the same in comming games.
Good Luck
algymoon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:22 am

algymoon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:41 am wrote:It was a excelent first half performance, but cannot say the same about the second half, the team was very shaky still weak in defensive, however this team cannot keep a clean sheet it will be luxury to do that, it will for sure hunt Klopp's team through out the whole season, and will see its bad effect at of the season!.. Central midfield is very weak and Wijnaldum is very light weight to carry out the task of protecting the defence! he can't hold the ball and gives it away most of the times, Stewart or Lucas are a better options.

Henderson has played well and scored an excelent goal. As a striking force we don't have a better option than Sturridge!, Origi still weak, and his improvment is slow!
A well deseved win, and I hope the team to do the same in comming games.
Good Luck

Think you're being hard on Wijnaldum as he had a good match. Lucas did nothing when he came on, bar give away a dangerous free kick. In fact, apart from an emergency defender, I can't see what Lucas adds to the team anymore. He slow and always gets booked.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:47 am

I thought overall we were OK defensively in the 2nd half. We were 2-0 up away to a good team so obviously there were going to be a few nervy moments and yes their goal was maybe a little sloppy but overall think it was a good defensive job
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:47 am wrote:I thought overall we were OK defensively in the 2nd half. We were 2-0 up away to a good team so obviously there were going to be a few nervy moments and yes their goal was maybe a little sloppy but overall think it was a good defensive job

Yeah I agree, we've got to be realistic, even if the likes of Barcelona or Bayern went to Stamford Bridge they'd no doubt have a few nervy moments themselves, the likes of Hazard, Willian and Costa etc are quality players and keeping them quiet for 90 minutes is a big ask.
The lads defended well, considering the riches at Chelsea's disposal we limited them to very few chances.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:23 pm

I agree. We defended almost all situations well. The goal we conceded was a series of errors with Lallana and Matip being the main culprits but outside that our defensive setup worked well. Wijnaldum had his best outing for the side. He was composed on the ball for a change and he showed to receive the ball which help our possession game in the 1st half.

I thought the Sturridge substitution was a bit premature and helped Chelsea gain a foothold on the game. I commented on half time that Sturridge should close down faster and drop a bit more in the second half but his all around game was decent and he always caused Chelsea defenders problems with his link up play and movement. Origi came on and was too static imo. He's still young and will improve but atm Sturridge and an in-form Firmino are much better options. I wanna see Klopp showing more confidence in Sturridge and trusting him in these situations but I'd even be tempted to give Ings a go ahead of Origi given our style of play.

Similar story with Lucas; I think his time at the club is up and last night's showing summed up why he doesnt fit in the current setup. He lacks confidence on the ball, gives away cheap freekicks, hands the opposition possession with unneeded clearances when a pass is on, and contributes very little overall when we go forward. In Can, Henderson, and Stewart as backup, we have enough to cover the only position he could play.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games