Chelsea vs Liverpool 06/05 16:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sun May 06, 2018 6:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:For the third season in a row we've hit the wall, we aren't even running on fumes, our tanks are well and truly empty.
The reason we can usually beat teams who have more quality than us on paper is because of our system, we press teams high up the pitch and harry them into mistakes, we don't give them a minutes peace, we hunt in packs and run them into the ground.....except atm we arent doing any of those things.
Right now we are a hit and hope team, we aren't building attacks we are just flinging the ball in and hoping for a lucky break.

I think every game has its own story...Chelsea at home was never going to be easy..We really lost due to a single action or loss of concentration..it was really a goalless draw kind of game..Stoke and Brom was more about watching our legs..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 06, 2018 7:09 pm

I had a feeling we will lose today we really should have sealed top four prior to todays games.
This season our record against the top 6 has been poor.

Well its upto the lads now we have to give it our all against Brighton.

I don't want to sound negative but we could easily end up with no champions league footy next season.

We've got 2 shots at it that is 2 finals. I would prefer if Chelsea drop points midweek.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:17 pm

only me » Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:For the third season in a row we've hit the wall, we aren't even running on fumes, our tanks are well and truly empty.
The reason we can usually beat teams who have more quality than us on paper is because of our system, we press teams high up the pitch and harry them into mistakes, we don't give them a minutes peace, we hunt in packs and run them into the ground.....except atm we arent doing any of those things.
Right now we are a hit and hope team, we aren't building attacks we are just flinging the ball in and hoping for a lucky break.

I think every game has its own story...Chelsea at home was never going to be easy..We really lost due to a single action or loss of concentration..it was really a goalless draw kind of game..Stoke and Brom was more about watching our legs..

Our season was pretty much on the line there today mate, if we are not going to bring our A game for that when are we going to bring it? That Roma game midweek was the biggest game most of our players had ever played in yet there was no high pressing or counterpressing or hunting in packs etc in that game either.
We have no (and I mean absolute fv.cking zero) chance of beating Real Madrid in a one paced contest like today's game or like the Stoke game or the West Brom game. We had better remember how to press and run around a bit before we get to Kiev because the footy we have been playing lately isn't going to be enough I'm afraid, not to beat a team that have appeared in 3 of the last 4 CL finals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun May 06, 2018 7:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm wrote:
only me » Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm wrote:

Our season was pretty much on the line there today mate, if we are not going to bring our A game for that when are we going to bring it? That Roma game midweek was the biggest game most of our players had ever played in yet there was no high pressing or counterpressing or hunting in packs etc in that game either.
We have no (and I mean absolute fv.cking zero) chance of beating Real Madrid in a one paced contest like today's game or like the Stoke game or the West Brom game. We had better remember how to press and run around a bit before we get to Kiev because the footy we have been playing lately isn't going to be enough I'm afraid, not to beat a team that have appeared in 3 of the last 4 CL finals.

I agree that playing as we did today will not be enough but read my post again..We played a very good team at home in a very good momentum which was more then willing to seat back and has very good players which didn't make any mistake...don't despair.

Remember we didn't have to win today..and it looked as if we went for control rather the for the kill..unfortunately that dofus Mozes killed us with a single clean pass...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun May 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Yakka has it right I think...we are running on empty, its not as if we are creating chances and not getting the rub of the green, our modus operandi has gone to the wall in the last few games (Roma at Anfield aside)

The solution is simple and is down to the owners- Some SERIOUS investment to create a squad that can be rotated without a nose dive in quality as we have now.

Jurgen is pretty much performing miracles if he gets top 4 and wins the CL (even if we dont it will be a real achievement having got there.

The gegenpressing style needs 18 top class players  not an 11 plus a group made up of teenage kids (Woodburn,  Curtis Jones) and below par (Moreno, Ings,  Solanke , Klavan) players.
Last edited by electrum on Sun May 06, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 06, 2018 7:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 6:39 pm wrote:For the third season in a row we've hit the wall, we aren't even running on fumes, our tanks are well and truly empty.

It's a worry   :(

Obviously we've recently been focused on the 2 leg CL quarters and semis but it doesn't excuse the fact that in our last 5 premiership games we've dropped 9 out of a possible 15 points.

We should have been strolling to a comfortable top 4 spot   :angry:

Perhaps it just highlights the lack of quality in depth within the squad   :(

Sod's law , we fuc'k up against Brighton   :(

BUT in typical fashion, we go on to beat Madrid in the final and guarantee CL footy next season   :D    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Only me - That's all well and good but where was the reaction when we went a goal down? Next week against Brighton won't be easy, they will have no pressure on them at all and Brighton will enjoy the fact that our crowds @rse will go anytime they get anywhere near our goal.
We've made a right pigs breakfast of this run in, 2-0 up away at West Brom with less than 10 minutes to go  :no  we couldn't beat a relegated side at home in Stoke and now we back those 2 disappointing draws up with an away loss!
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun May 06, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 pm

That was poor enough today and we are making hard work o f sealing 4th. Now it comes down to the last game which isn't good as we have to play a full side thus hampering rest periods that some need to have.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Only me - That's all well and good but where was the reaction when we went a goal down? Next week against Brighton won't be easy, they will have no pressure on them at all and Brighton will enjoy the fact that our crowds @rse will go anytime they get anywhere near our goal.
We've made a right pigs breakfast of this run in, 2-0 up away at West Brom with less than 10 minutes to go  :no  we couldn't beat a relegated side at home in Stoke and now we back those 2 disappointing draws up with an away loss!

Mate, you've really gotta stop going to the same pub as Algy Moon   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:46 pm

electrum » Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm wrote:Yakka has it right I think...we are running on empty, its not as if we are creating chances and not getting the rub of the green, our modus operandi has gone to the wall in the last few games (Roma at Anfield aside)

The solution is simple and is down to the owners- Some SERIOUS investment to create a squad that can be rotated without a nose dive in quality as we have now.

Jurgen is pretty much performing miracles if he gets top 4 and wins the CL (even if we dont it will be a real achievement having got there.

The gegenpressing style needs 18 top class players  not an 11 plus a group made up of teenage kids (Woodburn,  Curtis) and below par (Moreno, Ings,  Solanke , Klavan) players.

It's gone mate, our gegenpressing or whatever you want to call it has well and truly gone out of the window. The players have given everything this season, those matches against City and Roma weren't just physically tiring they were mentally draining as well, to use an old boxing idiom the players have gone to the well time and time again but now it's run dry. It's not their fault they are obviously trying their best but they are absolutely out on their feet.
Whatever happens from here on in the players have done the club proud, if this season goes belly up it's the clubs fault not the players, the club had £140m burning a hole in its pocket in January but chose to do nothing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm

woof woof ! » Sun May 06, 2018 6:33 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Only me - That's all well and good but where was the reaction when we went a goal down? Next week against Brighton won't be easy, they will have no pressure on them at all and Brighton will enjoy the fact that our crowds @rse will go anytime they get anywhere near our goal.

Mate, you've really gotta stop going to the same pub as Algy Moon   :kungfu:

F[vck]ing hell woof open your eyes mate, we have dropped 9 points out of our last 15, we have collected just 2 points out of our last 9, that's awful form at any stage of the season never mind the run in, whatsmore over our last 5 matches we are shipping goals at an average of 2 a game! This isn't some sort of tactical master plan of Jurgen's to lull our rivals into a false sense of security, this is a team on its hands and knee's crawling towards the finishing line.
This group of players have played a lot of football, Can, Lallana and Gomez were all injured around the time of the City game, they haven't had any help for a month, a month packed with games to boot
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun May 06, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Suarez has just scored against Madrid, hopefully Barca put about 5 or 6 past them to put a dent in their confidence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Didn't watch the match but by all accounts, our boys are tired and our squad is thin anyways, so I'm not totally surprised by our recent results. Salah and Firmino must be totally burnt out the amount of running they have done this Season, plus with the big champions league efforts versus Roma and Man City, two games a week etc, it must be punishing for them physically...

Our midfield is average, and we have no decent backup for our front three, so it's incredible we are where we are:- top four chance, and a chance to win the champions league etc.

Just two games left, fortunately, top four is still in our hands. Our boys just have to dig deep twice more. Just twice.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:20 pm

If Klopp is not planning to spend big in the close season to boost our strike force (x 2, at least) , and a playmaker in midfield, and a ball winner, and a serious defender or two, and a keeper.. And if the owners are not willing to back him... And if he doesn't get a sidekick to replace Buvac... Then this whole season and the success of getting to the CL final will have been in vain. And we'll regress again.
Firmino, Salah and Mané will likely not have another season like they have just had.
The team is faltering. 100mph football is not sustainable with the same players week after week.
I fear we're being found out and stumbling all the way to the final day
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 07, 2018 3:03 am

I might be wrong but I don't think we've won for 4 games now.

In saying that when you're missing half your midfield - Can, Lallana & AOC then you become reliant on the legs of Milner, Henderson and Gini. That's nobodies fault that situation.

My only issue is with us not being able to break down the bus parkers, we started brightly (as we usually do), but half way through the first half Chelsea got to grips with our game and suffocated it Maureen style from there on in.

I f*cking detest that club, they will be buoyed by that result, and I hope they miss out on a CL spot on the last day of the season.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games