Chelsea V Liverpool - Semi Final 2nd leg - tue 27th Jan 7.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:05 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 pm wrote:Bony would have missed both those legs anyway as he would have been at the African Nations.

Good point.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:39 pm

It's a close call but I think I hate Chelsea more than Manure

I actually wish Maureen would become the Scum manager so I can concentrate my hate in one direction rather than spread it around
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 28th, '15, 12:45 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 28th, '15, 11:01 wrote:So Brendan knocked back the chance of signing an ex Swansea player? Yeah right
According to reports Bony was someone Brendan wanted to bring in, along with Bertrand, Davies, Lallana and Lovren. The other lads like Can, Moreno, Markovic, Origi, Manquillo and Balotelli were committee signings.

He did indeed reject Bony whether you believe it or not. He would have been miles better then Balo. I didn't say anything about the other players you mention, just Bony.

He didn't reject Bony, quite the opposite, it was the committee who rejected him apparently because Bony's wage demands were ridiculous.

Haven't you noticed, BR is very much part of the Committee.  I know you have a 'love in' for BR, but yes, he was given funds, Swansea were more then willing to sell to LFC. Bony's wage demands were not  what the Press reported, far from it. His wage and signing fees were very much do-able. Bony would have been a player that suited the system BR employed. However, BR chose not to go for it, panicked and decided to buy Balo instead, despite what you may have read in the Press. And yep, he would have been at the AN, but at least LFC would have had a striker for most of the season, one capable of scoring goals..

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Can I ask where you get that information from because it is certainly not what I have been told by a family member who worked within the club recruitment team for 3 years until October.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 15:46 wrote:Can I ask where you get that information from because it is certainly not what I have been told by a family member who worked within the club recruitment team for 3 years until October.

to what information are you referring too?
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 pm

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Awesome post. Hahahaha.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Fowlers take on it

We gave a good account of ourselves against a Chelsea team who I think will probably win the Premier League this year," Fowler told Liverpoolfc.com.

"They struggled to break us down. We more than matched them in every department other than the goals and I think [goals] will come for Liverpool.

"I think the potential is there. It's plain for all to see. We've lost the game and we've lost the tie, but I think we can hold our heads up high.

He added: "With regards to getting our identity back, I think the manager is spot on. We look, or we're getting back to where we were last season.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 15:46 wrote:Can I ask where you get that information from because it is certainly not what I have been told by a family member who worked within the club recruitment team for 3 years until October.

The information that you are posting on here about Bony and Balotelli in the summer
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:06 pm

FA charge Chelsea striker Diego Costa for that stamp on Emre Can.  :laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 16:42 wrote:Fowlers take on it

We gave a good account of ourselves against a Chelsea team who I think will probably win the Premier League this year," Fowler told Liverpoolfc.com.

"They struggled to break us down. We more than matched them in every department other than the goals and I think [goals] will come for Liverpool.

"I think the potential is there. It's plain for all to see. We've lost the game and we've lost the tie, but I think we can hold our heads up high.

He added: "With regards to getting our identity back, I think the manager is spot on. We look, or we're getting back to where we were last season.

RF can say what he want's, but it doesn't help LFC does it!  Explain to me why it has taken BR until now to 'tweak' things. He was the one telling Lucas to look for a new club earlier in the season and drops him. It's only because of injuries that he had no choice but to bring him back into the fold. Lucas wants to go because of BR, end of.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 16:43 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 pm wrote:

The information that you are posting on here about Bony and Balotelli in the summer

Trusted sources.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 16:42 wrote:Fowlers take on it

RF can say what he want's, but it doesn't help LFC does it!  Explain to me why it has taken BR until now to 'tweak' things. He was the one telling Lucas to look for a new club earlier in the season and drops him. It's only because of injuries that he had no choice but to bring him back into the fold. Lucas wants to go because of BR, end of.

Lucas has been part of the first team for the last 2 and half months ?

Lucas previously to that had looked way of the pace and a shadow of the player he was before his injury - can't remember many calls for Lucas to be put into the team

The last two and half months where we have only lost twice - the "tweak" or change in formation happened a couple months ago now

So maybe give the manager credit for making the changes when things werent going right early on.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:34 am

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but as a follow up to the game

From BBC online

Diego Costa has been charged for violent conduct after an alleged stamp following the Capital One Cup semi-final with Liverpool on Tuesday.

The Chelsea striker, 26, faces a three-match ban for his challenge on defender Emre Can during the 1-0 victory.

The Spaniard could miss Saturday's league match with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge if he is found guilty.

He has until 18:00 GMT on Thursday to respond to the Football Association's charge.

He is being charged for the first of two alleged stamps that were not seen by referee Michael Oliver.

He also appeared to stand on central defender Martin Skrtel in the Liverpool penalty box in the second half.

The first-half incident involving Can took place close to the technical area and prompted an angry response from the Liverpool player.

Reds manager Brendan Rodgers said at his post-match press conference: "He could easily hurdle over the young player and he directs his studs right on to his ankle, which could've been nasty."

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said after the game that he feels the Brazil-born Spain international is being targeted unfairly.

Hope he gets the full ban and it costs them big time  !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games