chelsea fc v liverpool fc

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 am

Allen has been one of the better players this season and has only struggled in 1 or 2. He isnt in his natural position and when lucas is back we will see a better Allen one who is confident in passing forward.

Borini still hasnt had a fair review considering his injury etc

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am

RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm wrote:Excellent point for us and although the performance and play wasn't pretty the team showed some grit and determination in the second half that will hopefully help them gain confidence and build up some character.

Having a go at BR and his tactics seems to be coming a bit of a past time for some on here but today just like in the derby he showed that he's not afraid to change things around when his plans aren't working out and it benefited us well today. Moving Sterling out on to the wing really stretched the Chavs defence and Suarez started having a field day.  My only gripe with the execution of the passing philosophy is that all too often there is little pace from us and a lack of movement as we try to get forward. Hopefully with striking re-enforcements in January we'll be able to step that up a gear or three.

Agreed
We could go through the whole team and pick faults but lets just remember we have played all of the top four and been beaten only once due to cheating. City scraped a draw because of a gifted back pass, neverton because of a jaw dropping fu'ck up by the officials and chelsea were matched by a side currently languishing in 13th place!
I was pleased with yesterdays performance, not individually but as a team because although we have trouble putting the ball in the net we have shown, time and again that we are hard to beat. This is proven by us not being beaten in 6 games.
When we get a decent striker these draws will be turned into wins!
COYRM!!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Slightly off topic .....but Sly Sports reporting

John Terry would like to take this opportunity to thank the journalists he passed on his way to being carried off the pitch ,for not attempting to suck his dick. 
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:11 pm

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:11 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 am wrote:Chelsea dominated us for most of the 1st half. But again credit to Brendan for making the changes he made and fantastic to get a point out of it and really could feel gutted about not getting all 3.

With Tottenham losing yesterday and Newcastle we slowly catching teams up and a draw away at Chelsea is fantastic especially as we have now played the likes of Man utd Man city Chelsea
Everton Newcastle Arsenal.

and still have the likes of Southampton and QPR to play.

I have said it for a long time we arent out of the race for top 4 especially as Tottenham play Arsenal next week. Just have to get the 3 points Vs Wigan

A quick question are we the most offside team in the league ??

I think the half time stats showed Liverpool to have 63% of the possession so I don't understand why you think Chelsea dominated the first half. I admit they were more dangerous in possession but I fail to agree that they were the dominant team.

Great to see the attacking attitude of the team after we scored. A couple of players in January could make a massive difference. There are some very positive signs coming through.

we should have been 3 down at half time so even though the stats say that they dont actually reflect what went down.
we were abismal in the 1st 45.
who cares what you do with the ball in your own half because the opposition dont care how many times you pass it between your keeper and centre halfs. if anything this should be a lesson learned from last year, our approach is too slow and the build up even slower.
yes its great to see the guys looking comfortable moving it about but it has got us very little to show for it. 12pts from 11 is as someone else above posted "death by football".
i would be more impressed with rodgers if he actually started a game in a different set up. his decisions to change it up against neverton came because we went 2 up and looked like losing it, same yesterday as we were never in the game till close to the 70th minute and he changed it. last year he would have kept pushing with his starting tactics up till the end of games and he would be doing the same here only for the pressure to win here is greater.
pressure is what is making these decisions for him and looking at him on the sideline yesterday he looked tired so maybe he's burning the candle both ends.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:57 pm wrote:Slightly off topic .....but Sly Sports reporting

John Terry would like to take this opportunity to thank the journalists he passed on his way to being carried off the pitch ,for not attempting to suck his dick. 

in public you mean :laugh: .
you can bet they visited  him in the dressing room after it though :nod , the slurping and drooling during the game was bad enough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

you are crazy if you think 35m for henderson and downing= 23m we spend on borini and allen. Joe Allen has been great this season. He's had two bad games (vs. Everton and vs. Chelsea) give the man a break. Borini looks like a good player, but needs to make better decisions.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm

RedHands » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:38 pm wrote:you are crazy if you think 35m for henderson and downing= 23m we spend on borini and allen. Joe Allen has been great this season. He's had two bad games (vs. Everton and vs. Chelsea) give the man a break. Borini looks like a good player, but needs to make better decisions.

If you thought that Joe Allen was anything less than terrible against Swansea then we are watching a different player. That is three thoroughly awful games in succession and he has been very average in several other matches. I just don't know what he brings to the team. Five yards backwards and sideways passé don't really excite me. What has he actually done to make him great. No goals,no assists and no real creativity. He's not a Mascherano and he's certainly no Alonso. Now they were great! What am I missing?

As for Borini he is very lightweight and doesn't score goals which is one of the key reasons we bought him. Time will tell but early signs have not been overly encouraging.

If you honestly think that the sum total that this two players bring to the team is greater than Downing and Henderson then your clearly seeing something that I'm not but lets face it you certainly won't be the last person to suggest that I'm crazy !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Im a big fan of Allen and Henderson but given a choice in which one id take Allen would win every day. We bought Downing for alot of money to much money but he did come off the back of a great season at Villa and it seemed that the owners were willing to spend the dosh.

The problem is how they have come and played not the fee Allen has been exceptional is all but 2 games he has played apart from him and Suarez not many players have done alot this season.

Saying that Henderson really hasnt been given a chance in the league.

Moving on to Borini he got injured very early in his liverpool career so i think we should hold back on criticism of him.

The way you have to look at it what price would Allen fetch now if we were to make him available then compare that with Henderson and Downing

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 am

LFC1990 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm wrote:Im a big fan of Allen and Henderson but given a choice in which one id take Allen would win every day. We bought Downing for alot of money to much money but he did come off the back of a great season at Villa and it seemed that the owners were willing to spend the dosh.

The problem is how they have come and played not the fee Allen has been exceptional is all but 2 games he has played apart from him and Suarez not many players have done alot this season.

Moving on to Borini he got injured very early in his liverpool career so i think we should hold back on criticism of him.

The way you have to look at it what price would Allen fetch now if we were to make him available then compare that with Henderson and Downing

I don't want to castigate Allen. Lets face it, it is early days in his Liverpool career. I think that players like Suarez are exceptional. Allen has had three shockers in a row Swansea,Everton and Chelsea. In several other games he has been average at best.To be honest I don't see that as exceptional. He could and very nearly did lose us the game against Chelsea with some very sloppy play. Time will tell but I am becoming disillusioned with the lad. Sideway and backwards just doesn't do it for me.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 am

devaney » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm wrote:Im a big fan of Allen and Henderson but given a choice in which one id take Allen would win every day. We bought Downing for alot of money to much money but he did come off the back of a great season at Villa and it seemed that the owners were willing to spend the dosh.

I don't want to castigate Allen. Lets face it, it is early days in his Liverpool career. I think that players like Suarez are exceptional. Allen has had three shockers in a row Swansea,Everton and Chelsea. In several other games he has been average at best.To be honest I don't see that as exceptional. He could and very nearly did lose us the game against Chelsea with some very sloppy play. Time will tell but I am becoming disillusioned with the lad. Sideway and backwards just doesn't do it for me.

Is he the new Lucas?
Thommo's perm

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games