Burnley V Liverpool - EPL - Saturday 20th August 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:07 pm wrote:The past 7 days encapsulates the last 25 years in a nutshell.
No doubt we'll get a midweek rallying call in the Echo from Hendo or Lovren.

Exactly mate. Its just typical typical Liverpool. Beat Barca lose Mainz beat Arsenal lose Burnley.
Defensively we are as shyte as we were with Brendan. You can't compete on a high level if you keep conceding goal every game. 5 goals now in 2 friggin games.
Since Macha and Alonso departed we have not filled their position. DM is a major problem for us. We need a beast in the middle who can put in that decisive tackle.

I guess this is what to expect this season another yo yo effect.

We've still got time and im hoping we use the Benteke money.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:04 pm

We owe money on Benteke so we don't have £27M cash to spend.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:27 pm

We owe money on Benteke so we don't have £27M cash to spend.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:44 pm

On a side note, that florescent green kit is awful. Looks like we have sent out 10 lollipop men
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 pm

We enjoyed a ridiculous amount of possession there today but struggled to create anything.

Henderson is terrible and guilty of letting players pass him by, add to that the amount to times he gave the ball away and he is a cert for dud of the match. I don't know what was wrong with emre but Grujic should get the nod over this spud anyday.

Lallana and Couts squander some amount of chances between them while Firmino and Winaljdum play hide and seek. No way is this good enough and klopp should have made changes far sooner than he did.

Knew Milner wouldn't be great at LB and today he was poor. It was a bad move by Klopp and him being subbed for Moreno was wasteful seeing as we are 2 down.

None of our lads had a good game and Burnley were full value for the 3 points.

I think klopp needs to go back into the transfer market whether he wants too or not.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:12 pm

redshade » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:07 pm wrote:The past 7 days encapsulates the last 25 years in a nutshell.

Exactly mate. Its just typical typical Liverpool. Beat Barca lose Mainz beat Arsenal lose Burnley.
Defensively we are as shyte as we were with Brendan. You can't compete on a high level if you keep conceding goal every game. 5 goals now in 2 friggin games.
Since Macha and Alonso departed we have not filled their position. DM is a major problem for us. We need a beast in the middle who can put in that decisive tackle.

Yep, I've been banging on about our midfield for years and as you say that defence isn't good enough either.
Can you honestly see us going on a long unbeaten run? The only way we win games is when we play very, very well, if our performance level drops a notch or two then we don't win. No team can play well for 9 solid months it's impossible so until we learn how to win games when we aren't at our best we won't achieve anything.
The key to winning when you aren't firing on all cylinders is keeping a clean sheet, no matter how shyte you are playing if you don't concede then any sort of lucky goal or decision can win you the 3 points. If you don't concede you are always in the game. Any team that can't manage to keep Burnley out for longer than a minute isn't going to achieve anything in this league, it's just far too competative.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:17 pm

A lot of possession/chances and not getting a result was the same with Kenny and Brendan and seems like its happening with Klopp now. We need to get a solid DM and sort out our full backs. Clyne does make errors at times but i still think his decent.
Attacking wise when teams park the bus, we need pace especially on the wings. I would have preferred had we started with Origi. Mane was missed a lot but we can't keep on relying on one player. Ojo would have been preferred aswel if he was fit.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:12 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:37 pm wrote:

Yep, I've been banging on about our midfield for years and as you say that defence isn't good enough either.
Can you honestly see us going on a long unbeaten run? The only way we win games is when we play very, very well, if our performance level drops a notch or two then we don't win. No team can play well for 9 solid months it's impossible so until we learn how to win games when we aren't at our best we won't achieve anything.
The key to winning when you aren't firing on all cylinders is keeping a clean sheet, no matter how shyte you are playing if you don't concede then any sort of lucky goal or decision can win you the 3 points. If you don't concede you are always in the game. Any team that can't manage to keep Burnley out for longer than a minute isn't going to achieve anything in this league, it's just far too competative.

When teams attack us i always worry. We're very fragile at the back.
Leicester are a prime example of what your saying. Concede no goals and you get success. Mannure have done it many many times. I remeber back in 08/09 title win they had around 10 1-0 wins.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Watched the goals back again and f*ck me they are so powder puff. Laat weeks conceded goals were pretty soft to and just feels at the moment it looks like we just go out there to outscore the oppo no matter how many we concede.

Seriously need to look at that defence. Obvioisly the Klavan/Lovren parrnership is new so may take time do dwvelop but a new left back and a settled back four and a solid all round midfielder in front of them is key. If not, it will be the usual case of giving a couple teams a battering and then throwing those results away with ***** results like today.

Need to build from the back and sort these defensive frailities once amd for all. Its been going on for too long now and Ive never been confident in our defensive play since Rafa left.

Just hope Klopp sorts it out as im all for heavy metal attacking football but defence cannot be ignored. In Germany you mught get away with it as there is a greater gap between the top sides and the rest but with the money in this league, the 'lesser' sides have some pretty decent players now will punish any sloppy defensive play so wont be able to get away with it.
Would be interesting to see what Dortmunds defensive record under Klopp was like

We keep it tight today and im 99% sure we would have worn down Burnley and gone home with a comfortabe win but to concede so sloppily so early just lifts them and their crowd and suddenly find ourselves chasing the game. Frustrating isnt the word
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Just seen the goals on MOTD, the first was bad enough but the second was f[uck]ing Keystone cops stuff. These players are professional athletes who are being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week yet an ale house team full of middle aged, overweight bin men, taxi drivers and construction workers would be gutted conceding 2 goals like those.
The likes of United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton all won, we on the other hand capitulate against friggin newly promoted Burnley.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 am

After having abit of time to reflect on the result I can safely say that was a weak performance. We have players scared to take risks so we move sideways and backwards.. then we have players like Coutinho and Sturridge who sense these negative moments and start shooting from ridiculous angles and ranges. It's frustrating to watch and I don't think we played as a team today. Players went into hiding as soon as we went 1-0 down just like they did in the europa final.. and where was the captain to rally the troops?

Excuse the rant but the players and the manager let the fans down today.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:38 am

Klavan doesnt look like a front foot defender to me. If your going to push up, then you commit and make sure you get the ball or at the very least make it difficult for the forward. Not the half hearted ***** we saw for the second goal.

Anyway need to put this result behind us and you just know we will goto spurs next week and probably play well and pick up 3 points. Lets just hope we show some consistency after that and eradicate ***** defending like today which totally undermines the great attacking play we are capable of
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:08 am

Firmino, Sturridge and Coutinho left a massive amount to be desired. To have 81% of the play against Burnley and get nothing out of the game smacks of ineptitude and that starts with Klopp who is paid £7.5m a year to ensure nonsense like this does not happen.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:21 am

these kind of performances are the reasons I'm not getting carried away for this season and the win against arsenal. It is the same issues as last season. The team doesnt seem to know what consistency is. It seems like we don't do boring. It's either extreme highs or extreme lows.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:23 am

Fair play to Burnley. Even though we handed them two sloppy goals, they were very well organised and even though we had all that possession, we didnt create that many great chances. Looked like after they scored, they were quite happy for us to have the ball and they just focussed on being organised and working hard.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games