BRIGHTON VS LIVERPOOL - 19.45 - carling cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Adam and Skrtel are suspended and Johnson, Kelly, Agger and Aurélio should miss the game through injury. I’d like to see a strong side but also give a few players a chance to stake a claim. Henderson should be a given a few chances in his preferred position in the centre, Maxi did well for us last year and should be considered for league games (better option than Hendo on the right), and Carroll needs to be given a run of games as he looks woefully off the pace.     

Reina

Flanagan     Carragher     Coates     Robinson

Spearing     Henderson

Maxi     Bellamy     Downing

Carroll

Subs:  Suarez, Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Enrique, Wilson, Doni

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Agreed with the lineup, however I would drop Henderson

get a strong side in there and trump Brighton 5-0 to get more confidence going
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Tuesday the 21st. Am I missing something here??

Maaa its happening again...
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:32 am

I hope not to see another Horror Show from the reds. Hope the Spurs game was me last before I die.
alwayslfc

Postby ethanr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:03 am

Like that lineup CHL.  I think Hendo should probably start just because he needs some confidence, tho I could see Kuyt starting since he was left out this weekend.

Need to kick the sh!te out of these children.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:28 am

I like that team too but would probably have a couple of youngsters on the bench just in case we are comfortable and can give someone 20 minutes experience in the first team.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 am

alwayslfc wrote:I hope not to see another Horror Show from the reds. Hope the Spurs game was me last before I die.

I predict a similar result against Man U or Man City if we don't get our :censored: together.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 am

Firstly predicting a 5-0 win at Brighton is ambitious, very ambitious. Brighton have lost only once this season, last weekend to Leicester (away). They wiped the floor with League 1 and are taking the Championship by surprise. The football Gus Poyet and his team are delivering is slick and effective. Bear in mind they have already beaten Sunderland in this competition.

This game will be tough, not necessarily physically but definitely in terms of concentration. We cannot afford any slip up's here.

As for the line up, for me five players must start -

Gerrard - for obvious reasons. We need our captain back. If he does play at least an hour, I will be worried that the extent of his injuries are being hidden by the club.

Bellamy & Kuyt - Both unlucky not to be involved heavier this so far, both have a great work ethic and is exactly what is needed for this game.

Carroll - Needs games not snidey comments writing him off. His last two seasons at Newcastle he scored 30 goals in 62 apps. With the service we can offer, that stat should be improved on. He scored for Newcastle at a great rate for the type of striker he is, the same can apply here given the opportunity. Player's don't turn bad overnight, he just needs time to settle. How long did it take Crouch to score his first?

Coates - Defensively we are crying out for a dominant, injury free and mobile CB. Coates is the only option we have at the moment to fill that. Slow introduction is going to have to be skipped if we are to solve our defensive issues. He must start.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 am

7th game of the season in all competitions and this will be our 5th away from home!!!  Thats kinda unfavourable.   

Are Skrtel and Adam suspended for this game or the next PL game?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 am

We need to put out a strong side to help the team gel - which it clearly isnt yet. But it is also a good oppoutunity to give Coates game time as I think he will be needed sooner rather than later in our PL fixtures.

Doni

Robbo   Carra    Coates   Enrique

Kuyt     Henderson   Spearing   Downing

Carroll   Suarez

Pretty sure Gerrard will come on later in the game
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:We need to put out a strong side to help the team gel - which it clearly isnt yet. But it is also a good oppoutunity to give Coates game time as I think he will be needed sooner rather than later in our PL fixtures.

Doni

Robbo   Carra    Coates   Enrique

Kuyt     Henderson   Spearing   Downing

Carroll   Suarez

Pretty sure Gerrard will come on later in the game

If that is the starting line up I'd put in Shelvey instead of Spearing. More physical presence and equally good distribution as Spearing.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Just went on a Brighton & HA forum to check out the opinion. They expect to lose, narrowly.

I have tickets for the game via a mate who is on the Physio team at BHA (Possibly players lounge also, fingers crossed). I happened to mention that I would be sitting with them, they didn't take too kindly to that. HA :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:34 pm

we put out a statement with the side we put out in the last round so i'd expect a pretty strong side again.

Reina

Flanno  Carra  Coates   Enrique

Spearing  Shelvey

Kuyt           Maxi         Bellamy

Carroll
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:15 pm

I'd like to see this team

Doni
Flanno     Coates       Skrtel     Enrique

Spearing        Shelvey

Kuyt                  Maxi            Downing
                 Carroll
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Liverpool squad: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Spearing, Lucas, Kuyt, Rodriguez, Bellamy, Carroll, Doni, Kelly, Enrique, Wilson, Gerrard, Shelvey, Downing, Henderson, Suarez.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games