Blackburn V Liverpool  FA CUP 1/4 Final Replay Wed 08/04/15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:09 pm

watching BT sport now, they saying its a back 4, they may be wrong but looking that way
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:24 pm

I still can't believe Glenda is here and starting games...Just for that BR should be sacked..hell give him captain and sign him for 5 more years I say...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Johnson should be no where near the starting line-up. And Markovic should have started ahead of some of those 3 midfielders. I hope the rumors that we'll play with 4 at the back are true at least.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Sakho off injured, we are in trouble now for quality centre backs :(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Decent half without being spectacular. Good possession and we looked comfortable with the 4-3-3 played for the first time in 20 matches. Coutinho coming into the game more at the end, Sturridge working hard but lacking sharpness, Sterling anonymous. Should open up in the second half hopefully leading to the correct result.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Why aren't we scoring?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Tough match but Wembley here we come!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Tough game on a tough pitch but the main thing is that we are through.
This season has been a bit of a roller-coaster ride but if we can get through to an F.A cup final that wouldnt be a bad way to end the season. The cup may have lost some of its lustre but the finals themselves are still great occassions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:44 am

Made hard work of it ,but we're through and that was the objective ...Coutinho could demand £200,000 a week and the Kop would be emailing the owners in their
droves ,  take note Raheem ,its only Rodgers who thinks your 'incredible'   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:48 pm

missed the match and watched the replay...

Thought we had a decent away performance. Much better than the last 2 games. Sure Mignolet had 2-3 great saves and kept us in, but it was encouraging to see how we kept up the pressure all the way to the final whistle in the 2nd half.

Coutinho MotM for me. Such a composed and skillful player. In comparison Sterling only has pace and nowhere near his quality...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:04 pm

I'll be honest  :nod It was a crappy game but we are through.
Didn't think we created an awful lot that was clear cut and the best saves had to come from our keeper. It was one of those performances were we controlled the game but still vulnerable.
It was unfortunate to lose sakho so early on. Much better from kolo as well but all the plaudits go to our little magician phil for the goal and mingolet for at least 3 good stops.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:29 pm

I didn't see the game as I helped my missus with her move but I was very pleased when I saw that we were 1-0 up. I tried not to look at my phone for the last 25 mins , on the echo website. It was a relief that we ended-up winning. It keeps our season alive. If I was Rodgers I'd say to the players that before the Newcastle game that they are playing for their semi-final places.  :lookaround
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby devaney » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:02 am

Sorry I'm going to be brutal. If we had performed like that against United and Arsenal I really dont think those two results would have been very different. I know that the cup games are levellers but at the end of the day we were playing a team that are 20 points from the top of the Championship. We have the ability to make every game as difficult as we possibly can and this really wasnt very different and if it hadn't been for some magnificent work by Mignolet then we could have easily gone a couple down before we eventually scored. Blackburn for the first twenty minutes of the second half looked a real threat and the better team.

Were through and that was about the only positive I took from the game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:38 am

Manchester United and Liverpool are reportedly growing increasingly confident of bringing Dani Alves to the Premier League.

Alves, who is a free agent in the summer, has yet to agree a contract extension after a standoff in negotiations.

And Alves' agent Dinorah Santana, confirmed yesterday that her client has turned down the club's latest offer.

"The negotiations are over," she said.

"If they say this is the final offer, then they (negotiations) are over.

"It doesn't make sense. It's very hard that we get to April and Barcelona haven't thought about renewing Dani's contract."Dani is sad."

Alves has won four La Liga titles and lifted the Champions League twice during his seven-year spell at the Nou Camp.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:38 am

Liverpool are leading the race for Barcelona's Chelsea and Arsenal target Sergi Samper, according to reports.

The midfielder, who has been dubbed the 'new Cesc Fabregas', has seen first-team opportunities limited for Barca's 'B' side in recent times, leading to speculation that all is not well in Catalonia.

Samper has made four senior appearances under Luis Enrique this season, but reports in Spain claim that he is looking for a change of environment after becoming disillusioned at the Nou Camp.

Arsenal and Chelsea are believed to be monitoring the situation, but Liverpool are said to have emerged as front-runners for his signature.

Skipper Steven Gerrard will leave Anfield for LA Galaxy when his contract expires at the end of the season, and Samper could potentially be heading to Anfield as his replacement.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games