BLACKBURN ROVERS v LIVERPOOL - Saturday 5 december 2009 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:49 pm

My first match thread starter so please be gentle with me.

PW D L F A  PTS
LIVERPOOL  Last 5 Away 5 2 0 3 7 9   6

BLACKBURN Last 5 Home 5 3 1 1 8 6   10

So its obvious that Blackburn are no pushovers at home, and we will probably need to play much better than we have been if we are to win.

The obvious dangermen at Blackburn are top scorer Dunn (6), and Pederson, who although not reaching the heights of previous seasons still poses a threat down the flanks.

At the back (or possibly up front) they have the giant Samba who will test our defenders at any set pieces we give away.

Another player you will have to watch is Diouf ( in case he spits on you)  who seems to delight in nasty tackles against us.

After the orgasmic relief of our win at Woodison, its now back to the grind of picking up points again and moving back up the table. I think this team will fo the trick :-

Reina

Johnson          Carra        Agger        Aurelio

Benny            Lucas/Aquilani  Masch        Riera 

Kuyt
                              Ngog/Torres   

Hopefully Aquilani and Torres will get a run out and I would rest Gerrard who just doesn't look fit at the moment.     

With Riera back to fitness, I would expect Aurelio to get the nod at full back , with Kuyt and Benny's positions perhaps the controversial choice.   

I think with our new found confidence after beating the toffees we should expect to win this and I think we will......3 -1
account deleted by request

Postby Zidane » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:53 pm

:D wrong section haha, you're off to a great start saint!

Anyway, I do hope Aurelio starts Insua looks bad as of late and Aurelio as the LM is terrible.
Zidane

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Zidane wrote: :D wrong section haha, you're off to a great start saint!

Anyway, I do hope Aurelio starts Insua looks bad as of late and Aurelio as the LM is terrible.

Ah Sh!te I have messed it up already  :D

Still if we get the expected win I may put in for Berminsteins job as the big game match starter.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 pm

want a clean sheet for this one... If Torres is fit then we shouldnt have much trouble scoring against them with Benny/Gerrard and Riera in the side... if Torres isnt fit, i'd have Gerrard or Aquilani in the middle with Lucas nowhere near the starting 11.. We'll need to create chances for this one and i can see Blackburn pressing us in the middle playing 5 there so no point in having Lucas and Mascherano unless our other attacking options are up for it... if its Aurelio, Kuyt, Ngog, Gerrard again with Lucas behind them i wouldnt be too confident.. Replace 2 of those with 2 of Torres,Benny,Riera and its a different story all together...

Anyways, think we'll win this one 2-0 Kuyt & Gerrard
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Dunn might be injured i think Saint...he went off injured Saturday anyway.
This is not an easy game with it being away.
Lets hope with the 2 wins in a row the players have more confidence.

Me mate text me the other day saying that he got a text saying Torres is f'cked and needs to have an operation but doesnt want to himself as it will keep him out for months.
This is the same lad that sends me the team that has been right about 8/10 times this season so no idea if there is any truth in it.
Fingers crossed its bullsh!t though.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:40 pm

s@int wrote:Still if we get the expected win I may put in for Berminsteins job as the big game match starter.

There goes me lying, it was PSV, not Blackburn :D.

We all know Bermenstein is waiting until after Christmas to make a transfer thread, when we sign Villa and Silva.  Then match threads to beat Arsenal, United at OT, and Chelsea, while beating spurs 10-1.   Then maybe someone makes a thread about me waking up :D.
SupitsJonF

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Im going over for the Spurs match so I hope it is 10-1 :D

This a game we should win. This is a game we will win.

Aqua on for the last 30 mins please, he needs a run out
Last edited by Dundalk on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Aqua should get 20 seconds atleast if were lucky.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:56 pm

For some reason, I think protected trio Lucas, Insua and Kuyt will start as usual. Will be a defensive game as usual, with Aurelio starting instead of Riera.

Same starting 11 IMO.
shawnk

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Insua needs a break, so if Riera is healthy I'd have him at Left Wing and Aurelio as a LB.  Kuyt just scored a goal, so he will be hot for a few more games, whether he scores crackers or with his back :D.  No idea whats going on with Aquaman, so I'm just assuming Lucas will start, and maybe Aqua will get a minute or two with a Peter Crouch style substitution, although I'd prefer him to start and get some experience.  As s@int said, would like to rest Gerrard, and even if Torres is fit keep him on the bench and maybe put him on for the last 30 minutes. 

In short, I'd like to see this:

Reina

Johnson         Carra          Agger       Aurelio

Kuyt             Lucas/Aqua    Masch      Riera

Gerrard/Benny

Ngog/Torres

Stats from saints opening post show that our away and their home record are very similar, so I think having a solid defensive showing is key to winning.  In that case I want the big greek no where near the field.
SupitsJonF

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Lets get a win, 3-1 to the reds
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 pm

BREAKING NEWS : if you start a topic and the team lose then you will be crucified

- Liverpool have won their last three games against Blackburn
- Liverpool scored SEVEN against Rovers last season
- Blackburn last beat Liverpool in 06/07, 1-0 at Ewood Park
- Prior to that 06/07 defeat, Liverpool hadn't lost to Blackburn since 99/00 (FA Cup)
- Liverpool have lost only twice to Rovers in the Premiership since they won it!
- Liverpool have done the double over Blackburn FIVE times since they won the Premiership.

We should win this one, that said Blackburn are only six points behind us although their GD is -12 to our +11. Oddly enough they are on the same games played, points and GD as Burnley.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 pm

really looking forward to this one. one of the best aways of the season as it's virtually a home game. we'll be taking 6000+.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:11 pm

yes, but will we beat blackburn?

i think yes, what about you?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Think this might be the game where it starts to turn around, hopefully we can start with Benni and Riera on the wings, push Kuyt upfront with Eggnog and play Stevie alongside Mascha. If we do that we'll win, if we don't it could get interesting, as it will be a battle between two, at present, :censored: teams with low confidence.
heimdall

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games