Besiktas V Liverpool - EL 2nd Leg Thu 26th Feb K.O. 6pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Soupyzrx » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:Would I be wrong in thinking that Miggers saved a penalty in his first match for Liverpool?
Could be wrong, just something in the back of my mind.

Yeah, against Sunderland or Stoke, I can't remember which now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:50 pm

only me » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:BR should fck off! Sorry lads but a manager that places a penalty kick at the legs of Lovern has no sense for the game. FFS Toure just returned from African nation penalty kickout and scored why for the love of god isn't he one of the 5 kicking???? Lovern??? This decision might be the one that marked BR departure from the team. Can't see us winning on Sunday sending us to a spiral. Devastated we lost like that ,no honor ,no pride amateur staff really.

Jesus man, do you realise that just about every single one of your posts that I have read contain some sort of dig at Rodgers?
Just sayin'.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Sterling taking a pen? Are you guys nuts? Maybe it shouldn't have been Lovren but it definitely shouldn't have been Sterling.

We can't really search for faults in the penalty shoot-out though, that's basically a Russian roulette. We should have scored in the first half.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Soupyzrx » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:50 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:BR should fck off! Sorry lads but a manager that places a penalty kick at the legs of Lovern has no sense for the game. FFS Toure just returned from African nation penalty kickout and scored why for the love of god isn't he one of the 5 kicking???? Lovern??? This decision might be the one that marked BR departure from the team. Can't see us winning on Sunday sending us to a spiral. Devastated we lost like that ,no honor ,no pride amateur staff really.

Jesus man, do you realise that just about every single one of your posts that I have read contain some sort of dig at Rodgers?
Just sayin'.

Yep  :D

But seriously i went from loving the guy to really detesting him. This game is a microcosms of BR's  decision making the whole season ,poor preparation ,poor lineup ,poor game management ,poor subs and who get's the blame? Poor Lovern
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:29 pm

***** competition full stop. Is it the longest cup competition in the world? So you get a CL qualification if, eventually you get to the final and win it? Seems to me the players werent convinced that it was something worth winning?
Lets concentrate on the double...
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 pm wrote:***** competition full stop. Is it the longest cup competition in the world? So you get a CL qualification if, eventually you get to the final and win it? Seems to me the players werent convinced that it was something worth winning?
Lets concentrate on the double...
:buttrock

Dear me...Really? So playing 30+ games for 4th place is our trophy? Miserable loss it's not something we should be happy about sorry mate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Maybe it was the occasion and atmosphere that got to the players because that was a poor effort tonight and over the 2 legs.
Last thing we needed was extra time and penalties are a lottery but to be fair to them they were 5 fine strikes. Someone had to miss and unfortunately it was us. lovren had to be the one but he needn't worry as mario will surely carry the can  :laugh:

Worst European Campaign Ever  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Maybe the stat computer picked the takers based on how many penalties they've missed. Lovern probably hasn't missed many before tonight.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:11 pm

damjan193 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:50 pm wrote:Sterling taking a pen? Are you guys nuts? Maybe it shouldn't have been Lovren but it definitely shouldn't have been Sterling.

We can't really search for faults in the penalty shoot-out though, that's basically a Russian roulette. We should have scored in the first half.

Agreed, Sturridge and Sterling wasted two great chances by trying to over elaborate, one goal from us would have finished that tie, in Europe you can't afford to miss opportunities like that especially away from home.
It's absolutely gutting that Everton will be in the draw for the next round and we won't.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I don't blame Lovren or the defence today but I do put it at the door of the attack who did nothing, just one goal
and we where through.

Besiktas wont be an easy task for any team but with the goal advantage all we needed was one there but nobody
was able to deliver which is unusual for us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:20 am

parchpea » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:31 pm wrote:I don't blame Lovren or the defence today but I do put it at the door of the attack who did nothing, just one goal
and we where through.

Besiktas wont be an easy task for any team but with the goal advantage all we needed was one there but nobody
was able to deliver which is unusual for us.

Totally agree with the first piece even though lovren didn't have a great game the defense was never responsible.

Don't think they are that good of a side though and we should have put them away over 2 legs.As you said we had the goal advantage and needed to go there to look for another to kill it off but never even came close to it. 210 minutes of football and we couldn't manage a goal from open play which is poor to say the least. Coutinho was sorely missed tonight and should at least have been an option from the bench as he would have had a field day late on when they tired.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:31 am

Only me...  Just f*ck off cos your really starting to stink the place out
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:43 am

We've been a bit unlucky with injuries too, if we'd have had the likes of Coutinho, Lucas, Sakho and Hendo available I'm sure we would have given them more of a game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:43 am wrote:We've been a bit unlucky with injuries too, if we'd have had the likes of Coutinho, Lucas, Sakho and Hendo available I'm sure we would have given them more of a game.

Agree we would have and we did in the first leg. With the exception of lucas of course but think Coutinho was rested tonight as he had started the last 19 games on the trot. Bad call to leave him out imo if it was just to be fresh for city as he could have been on the bench and came on to play a minor role because as much as we missed the others he was the one missed most tonight.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:40 am

We are out, so be it.

Personally I don't give a flying toss about this competition. It only would have ruined our league run if we got any deeper into this comp, and we now need to contend with having half our squad playing a 2hr game with only 2 days rest before a massive game against last season's champions.

At least we can concentrate on qualifying for the CL now, getting 4th is imperative.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games