Arsenal v LIVERPOOL Friday 22nd Dec 2017 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Mane has spiralled down, performance was very poor.

As for Mignolet we really need a new number 1. I agree with bunglemark Mignolet is worse than James.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Really, Arsenal are Sh*t, however, the Nutcase's team is the shittest team of the whole league!! full of DUDS apart from CAN, Salah, and probably Lovern. the flat foot Klavan is scared of the ball and he feels nervous when he is challenged!! He is one of the best nutcase's CB.
The dodgy keeper should never be selected again PERIOD.

Two easy points dropped, however, we are used to this style of play, a master peice of nutcase Klopp!!!
Give this current Arsenal team to Chelsea, M.City, scum, Spurs they would all shredded Arsenal to bits and score 4-5 without reply, therefore this is the difference between top four teams and the nutcase's team.

A total f*ck up and shamblings.
algymoon

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 pm

redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 pm wrote:Mane has spiralled down, performance was very poor.

As for Mignolet we really need a new number 1. I agree with bunglemark Mignolet is worse than James.

Mane can't seem to cope not being the main man a bit like Sturridge wit Suarez
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:23 pm

We can go on a run of few clean sheet few goals conceeded but the botton line is our defense and GK are always waiting for a match like this.
Its like a boxer dominating the first 5 rounds with ease and then out the blue forgets how to defend and get Knocked out consecutively.

Klopp really must sort this mess out at the back starting with a couple of signings in January.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Mane was useless today. He never learned from the Everton game. His passing, shooting, awareness, everything was total kkack today. Disappointing
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 pm

redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 pm wrote:Mane has spiralled down, performance was very poor.

Mane can't seem to cope not being the main man a bit like Sturridge wit Suarez
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 pm

Fecking sick after that  :down: Can't believe we capitulated like that after going 2 up and then conceding 3 in less than 5 minutes  :glare: 
Feel sorry for Gomez tonight as he got punished for a single mistake. Up to that point he was doing a great job on Sanchez.  Mingolet I feel should have done better with his positioning for that goal as well. He was hugging the near post when the ball was out on the wing so when the cross came in he was always scrambling to make up ground. Still Joe takes the flak for completely losing himself and his man for a second though.
The second was just woeful goalkeeping. Trying to get one hand on it and punch it over the bar when he should have just jumped and caught the fecking thing. Over here 12 year old kids can pluck a ball out of the air better than him.
The 3rd I suppose can be put down to Robertson losing the ball on the wing with a weak back pass to Klavan but Lovren got caught out by Lacazette's back heel.

Up front we missed a few but what do we expect when none of them are strikers, If Morata was with us he would be winning the golden boot this season. Completely agree with Klopp though in that 3 goals should be enough to win at Arsenal. He needs to bin a few of them and it has to start in January.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 pm

The back four and keeper are a major liability. I'd only keep gomez Matip and Robertson.
We've only beaten Arsenal this season at home. We've failed to beat Utd, City, Chelsea, Tottenham,Burnley, and Arsenal away.  Any of the top sides really.
It's just not good enough. Is it!??
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Game felt a real kick in the balls. We were great in the first half and really should have had more than one goal. When Mane hit the ball over the bar with that acrobatic shot when he should probably have kept it simple, it felt a bit like the Everton game again when he should have passed. Saying that when we went 2-0 up thought we would go on and blitz them but for us to let in 3 goal in the space of 4-5 mins is extremely amateurish and again undermines anything we do up the other end. First goal, cross comes in a bit too easy for my liking and Gomez seems to switch off somewhat even though he knows Sanchez is lurking behind him. 2nd goal is woeful by MIgnolet. Just noodle wristed and not good enough. 3rd goal we just still seemed to be shocked we'd let them back in at 2-2  and they made the most of it. Luckily Cech had his own noodle wristed moment and let us in but make no bones about it, being 2-0 up, we should have won that.

Regarding Mane, don't think he was that poor but something seems to be missing from him of late. Probably prefers on the right but just lacking that extra edge he had pretty much whenever he played last season. I'm sure he'll find it again. Thing with him is he set such high standards last season that the expectancy for him to produce it every game is massive
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:33 am

Doeboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 pm wrote:Regarding Mane, don't think he was that poor but something seems to be missing from him of late. Probably prefers on the right but just lacking that extra edge he had pretty much whenever he played last season. I'm sure he'll find it again. Thing with him is he set such high standards last season that the expectancy for him to produce it every game is massive

Agree.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:17 am

This defensive situation needs sorting, stating the obvious I know but it really is getting beyond a joke now, we've fallen apart against Watford, City, Spurs, Seville and now Arsenal and we are only halfway through the season. We very nearly did the same against Leicester as well but we managed to cling on at the end.
I think some of our players actually give the opposition hope, where as against teams like Chelsea and United they'd mentally throw in the towel I think they take a look at our defence and think to themselves "keep going we are still in this, if we get one back their @rses will go."
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:17 am

Would have taken a draw at the start. But gutting to draw after being 2 up.

I really think we have something special with our manager and attacking play. But klopp needs to be ruthless.

Time to bin our keeper and a few CBs. They're holding us back
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:31 am

Mane was fine in the early stages of the season. Has been hot and cold since his injury.
Eagle

Postby Doeboy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:17 am wrote:This defensive situation needs sorting, stating the obvious I know but it really is getting beyond a joke now, we've fallen apart against Watford, City, Spurs, Seville and now Arsenal and we are only halfway through the season. We very nearly did the same against Leicester as well but we managed to cling on at the end.
I think some of our players actually give the opposition hope, where as against teams like Chelsea and United they'd mentally throw in the towel I think they take a look at our defence and think to themselves "keep going we are still in this, if we get one back their @rses will go."

Yup, it's the same old story. conceding in less than 5 mins is just plain crazy. Key goal was the 2nd one which Mignolet made a right pigs ear of it. Once that went in, we were pretty much shell shocked as to how one minute we were 2-0 up and in a few mins its 2-2 and for the 3rd we looked like we were still in shock. Mignolet hasn't done too bad overall but he just can't be trusted and needs replacing with a top quality keeper. Similarly, Lovren can go 5 games looking decent before the inevitable clanger. Just not good enough at the top level.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:45 am

Until we replace our liabilities games like this will happen.

I'm hoping we do something in January.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games