CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 5:18 pm

parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 4:08 pm wrote:I think Ramos did do it on purpose as he's got previous. Sherrif Hood in Banshee moves.

Not a nice way to play the game but it's effective and like I posted earlier we need some of that aggression in our team.

As I said PP it looked accidental to me but even if he did leave something on Mo that's what CB's do, CB's have been trying to rough up forwards from the mid 1800's. Most of our trophies were won in a period when the likes of Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats, Gerry Byrne, Ian St.John, Evelyn Hughes, Larry Lloyd, Jimmy Case, Graeme Souness, Joey Jones and about a dozen other hard cases all wore the red shirt. I find all this stuff about Ramos highly embaressing and highly hypocritical, we are one of the last clubs who should be calling anyone out about being dirty.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 5:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm wrote:
parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 4:08 pm wrote:I think Ramos did do it on purpose as he's got previous. Sherrif Hood in Banshee moves.

Not a nice way to play the game but it's effective and like I posted earlier we need some of that aggression in our team.

As I said PP it looked accidental to me but even if he did leave something on Mo that's what CB's do, CB's have been trying to rough up forwards from the mid 1800's. Most of our trophies were won in a period when the likes of Tommy Smith, Ron Yeats, Gerry Byrne, Ian St.John, Evelyn Hughes, Larry Lloyd, Jimmy Case, Graeme Souness, Joey Jones and about a dozen other hard cases all wore the red shirt. I find all this stuff about Ramos highly embaressing and highly hypocritical, we are one of the last clubs who should be calling anyone out about being dirty.

Spot on yakka. This stuff has been going on for ages and is nothing new. Yesterday Ramos knew what he was doing but it's not nearly as bad as people are making out imo and was hugely unfortunate Salah got injured. It was a coming together and Ramos went down and took Salah with him yes but to say he went out to purposely injure him just makes us sound bitter.  We need to be bigger than that and go looking for something that isn't there as it just makes it sound like sour grapes and small time.
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun May 27, 2018 6:18 pm

It's a shame really as all the hard work, sweat and toil we showd in the earlier rounds versus Porto, Man City and Roma was wasted, as we threw it all away last night with IDIOTIC goalkeeping, that's what leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Also our thin squad leaves a lot to be desired also, with no decent cover for our fab three.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Got to be honest, I find this kind of thing embarrassing...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... g-14713090

Makes us look small time and a case of sour grapes.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 6:59 pm wrote:Got to be honest, I find this kind of thing embarrassing...

Oh my god, that is more embaressing than anything Karius did last night.
Do they even know what team they are supporting? During our glory years we had a player who knocked an opposition player spark out with a left hook, we had another player who bust an opposition players jaw with a right hander, we had another player who ended an honest pro's career with what would be considered a horror tackle now....the list goes on and on, we were a team of hard cases.
This idea that we are a bunch of wronged angels is as laughable as it is embaressing. Heck, even in the modern era we had a player that liked to bite players and another one that spat in fans faces!
Anyone who signs that has got no idea how we won most of our trophies, do our fans think that the likes of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness were paragons of virtue? Jimmy Case was once regarded as the hardest player playing in the lower divisions, when he was at Anfield he was only about the 3rd or 4th hardest player in our team! Our midfield was a murderers row.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun May 27, 2018 9:35 pm

It was a different game back then, every team had one except wimbledon they had 11  :oops:

the petition id sign is to get that clown karius sent packing
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 27, 2018 10:33 pm

The real reason we lost that game was because we bottled it again as soon as Salah left the pitch. Bringing on Lallana was an awful decision as he played like a lad who hadn't played in a year so shouldn't have been given the nod.

Karius was just awful and has no one to blame but himself if that's the last time he wears the Jersey. Wtf was he thinking for the 1st and 3rd goals and even for Bales overhead he dived and then pulls his hands away. He did pull of a couple of saves during the match but will never be remembered for it.

We have far too many players that hide behind others and are content to spend their entire Liverpool career doing so. Far too many passengers and no drivers in a squad that the manager has no faith in. There was 7 minutes and stoppage time to go and we finished with one sub remaining. At 3.1 why did Klopp not throw the Kitchen sink at it ?  Firmino was missing for most of it and should have been withdrawn for ings or something, Even Solanke would have done but Klopp did nothing at all which is disappointing.

Anyway it was an achievement for that side to make the final but to lose it in that manner again shows we have learned nothing. The only player who done himself proud last night was Andy Robertson. I don't think he has ever played in a final before and certainly not a game of that magnitude but he stood up and was counted. My MOTM without a doubt.

Going forward now we need to ring in the changes and make wholesale changes in the summer. We will add squad depth like we always do and the manager will support it even though he won't play them so he needs to cut out the bull and get in players that he will play. He also needs to get that armband off Henderson and bin him to the bench. He is an awful captain that isn't capable of even walking sheep through a gate.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 3:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 28, 2018 12:18 am wrote:

Ok Yakka so because Tommy Smith did it 40 years ago in a different era makes it ok now? Farks sake wake up. And Roy Keane and Vinnie Jones were 'part of the game' as well? So it's ok if it happens again next year? Or now that every EPL club sees that you can take a player out and even their own fans say 'Thats ok because Graeme Souness did it in 1984..... You want to regress back into the Leeds United era?

It's NOT ok to act like a thug. During the game I got whatsapps from friends in Germany, the US, even Pakistan from clients and friends all saying WTF - they're outraged but Yakka says it's embarrassing to question it?

Dark days in front.... you ought to give Rocketman a call in North Korea and ask for a job because you admired that his granddad was a hard man.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 28, 2018 8:06 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 6:59 pm wrote:Got to be honest, I find this kind of thing embarrassing...

Oh my god, that is more embaressing than anything Karius did last night.
Do they even know what team they are supporting? During our glory years we had a player who knocked an opposition player spark out with a left hook, we had another player who bust an opposition players jaw with a right hander, we had another player who ended an honest pro's career with what would be considered a horror tackle now....the list goes on and on, we were a team of hard cases.
This idea that we are a bunch of wronged angels is as laughable as it is embaressing. Heck, even in the modern era we had a player that liked to bite players and another one that spat in fans faces!
Anyone who signs that has got no idea how we won most of our trophies, do our fans think that the likes of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness were paragons of virtue? Jimmy Case was once regarded as the hardest player playing in the lower divisions, when he was at Anfield he was only about the 3rd or 4th hardest player in our team! Our midfield was a murderers row.

Mate with all due respect to what has been the fact of the matter is that Ramos is serial dirty criminal player! this isn't the first and probably not the last time he hurts a player with intent...The only times i've seen over aggressive play by our players in recent years was either against ManU or Everton in which historical rivalries come to play...Ramos does it as a system against any team and any player...He is a dirty bstrd and always been that way...He elbowed Karius he falls and screams like a little btch all the repertoire of a lowlife type of footballer..On one point i agree with you he should be handled the good old way and that's sending him flying early on making a point that we won't accept such shiite.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 28, 2018 9:57 am

People need to get a grip of themselves, Ramos didn't go flying over the ball two footed, it was a coming together where he arguably left a bit on Mo, if Mo would have went down face first he would have been fine, if anything it was a freak occurance. Physical contact is part of the game.
I wouldn't mind but we are talking about a fan base that lauded Danny Agger when he forearm smashed Fernando Torres in Torres's first game against us for Chelsea, a fan base that lauded big Soto when he went through Fellaini in the derby (a tackle that saw Soto sent off and Fellaini out for 6 months), a fan base that cheered Flanno to the rafters when he went through Raheem at Anfield.....I could go on and on.
When I mention the likes of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness im not just going on about how those players played the game I'm going on about how our fans reacted to them, our fans loved them, our fans cheered every hard tackle and gave an extra loud cheer if the opposition player struggled to get up. Our fans loved the rough stuff, I can remember Joey Jones making himself an instant cult figure at Anfield when he got into a nasty altercation with a West Ham player right in front of the Kop.
Whining about Ramos just makes us look hypocritical and a bunch of sore losers. We are not now nor have we ever been a club of Angels (on or off the pitch) so all this pearl clutching is just embarrassing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 10:20 am

You hide behind the fans. Because the fans bayed when Soto took out Fellaini makes it right? Did Soto get his deserves from the ref - Yes.

So what's your point, as long as the fans cheer then it's ok and we're all guilty and we're all ok as long as we cheer?

Animal instinct makes us cheer when 'our' man takes out 'their' man but the ref has to lay down the law otherwise chaos ensues.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 am

It's arguably not even a foul ffs, if Mo would have got to his feet it would have been seen as just another one of the hundreds of innocuous challenges that happen during a game of football. At the very worst it's a booking, so all this hand wringing, gnashing of teeth and 300,000 strong petitions is because someone didn't get booked? It's embaressing man.
And please don't tell me you think it's a sending off, if that's a sending off there wouldn't be anyone left on the pitch by half time.
Players get injured playing football, it happens, it was just rank bad luck, Mo could take that same tumble 100 times and in 99 of them he'd just get back up and dust himself off.
We had plenty of luck on our way to the final, tight offside calls went our way, City got a perfectly good goal ruled out at a crucial stage, making such a fuss about an innocuous challenge like this just makes us look like a bunch of ****'s.
No wonder the manc's call us self pity city and candle lighters etc, 300,000 strong petition over someone not getting booked?
Look I know everyone is still pi[ssed] off because we lost the game and emotions are still raw but believe me in 6 months time we will look back on all this malarkey with utter embarrassment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 28, 2018 10:20 am wrote:It's arguably not even a foul ffs, if Mo would have got to his feet it would have been seen as just another one of the hundreds of innocuous challenges that happen during a game of football. At the very worst it's a booking, so all this hand wringing, gnashing of teeth and 300,000 strong petitions is because someone didn't get booked? It's embaressing man.
And please don't tell me you think it's a sending off, if that's a sending off there wouldn't be anyone left on the pitch by half time.
Players get injured playing football, it happens, it was just rank bad luck, Mo could take that same tumble 100 times and in 99 of them he'd just get back up and dust himself off.
We had plenty of luck on our way to the final, tight offside calls went our way, City got a perfectly good goal ruled out at a crucial stage, making such a fuss about an innocuous challenge like this just makes us look like a bunch of ****'s.
No wonder the manc's call us self pity city and candle lighters etc, 300,000 strong petition over someone not getting booked?
Look I know everyone is still pi[ssed] off because we lost the game and emotions are still raw but believe me in 6 months time we will look back on all this malarkey with utter embarrassment.

:nod
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 28, 2018 12:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 28, 2018 10:20 am wrote:It's arguably not even a foul ffs, if Mo would have got to his feet it would have been seen as just another one of the hundreds of innocuous challenges that happen during a game of football. At the very worst it's a booking, so all this hand wringing, gnashing of teeth and 300,000 strong petitions is because someone didn't get booked? It's embaressing man.

You've hit the nail on the head there yakka, absolutely spot on mate  :nod
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 12:51 pm

I guess you've lso seen the video of Ramos smacking Karius on the face at the near post 3 minutes before the first goal?  Seems to be the ref called the plays right but was completely unaware of the dirty stuff - despite having 2 lines men and 2 others behind the goal lines?

I'm fed up of football always accepting second best when it comes to enforcing the laws.

It's just my opinion mate, you guys seem to be happy with bullies elbowing and fouling, the big stuff... whereas a slight touch gets the whistle. Don't you think that odd?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games