Who will you transfer list? - For the january transfer window

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shadowman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:34 pm

i would get rid of

1,arbeloa-too casual for my liking.
2kuyt
3,mascherano-no big deal for £17 million could easily find an unknown  as good for £6 million
4,carson
5,sisoko -great talent under a great manager but under rafa going backwards.
6,agger-average and will never fill sami's boots
7,kewell-will be great at another club but is too physically weak at liverpool.at leeds he had supernatural strength for his size,at liverpool he has turned into a wimp.
Last edited by shadowman on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowman

Postby destro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 pm

shadowman wrote:i would get rid of

2kuyt
3,mascherano-no big deal for £17 million could easily find an unknown  as good for £6 million
4,carson
7,kewell-will be great at another club but is too physically weak at liverpool.at leeds he had supernatural strength for his size,at liverpool he has turned into a wimp.

destro

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 pm

shadowman wrote:i would get rid of

2kuyt
4,carson

u must be a manure fan !! get back to ur forum

Agger will be better then rio ferdinand!!!!!
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:56 pm

only 3 i'd ship out would be :

1. Sissoko - never really liked his style
2. Kyut - not gonna comment really, he just having a really lean spell but it's costing us
3. Riise - wtf has happened to riise?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I think going on this transfer window (and the fact Gillett and Hicks have effectively reclaimed their credit notes for Torres and Babel), it's pretty obvious how transfer policy's going to work from now on. Assuming we qualify for the Champions League, then it'll be a one in one out - if we don't qualify for the Champions League, then we'll be plugging the shortfall with additional sales.

I'm not sure how anyone thinks Hicks and Gillett are going to guarantee we keep qualifying for the CL, however much they want to. People might like the idea of sacking Rafa, but was replacing him with Klinsmann the mark of men who know what they're doing on the football side of things?

The ace in the pack, of course, is the current crop of kids playing at ressie level now. On the upside, if even a couple of them (say Nemeth and Spearing) make it to becoming regular first team players in the next couple of years, then that saves us millions - and if we end up with another Gerrard or Fowler as a result, so much the better.

It's a pretty big "if" to bank the club's future on, however, even more so if the architect of the current youth policy leaves the club and we have to start from scratch again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 pm

A one in, one out policy might be just what Rafa needs, could encourage him to sell more and buy fewer but higher quality, and then having a smaller squad which will mean less rotation, and possibly a better chance to see a young face pop up once in a while.  If the policy is sell to buy, I can't see Mascherano staying, and I would expect Kewell to come back on a much smaller salary.  I would also expect Riise and Kuyt to leave possibly Voronin, finally get the money from Villa (or anybody) for Carson.
JoeTerp

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:03 am

JoeTerp wrote:A one in, one out policy might be just what Rafa needs, could encourage him to sell more and buy fewer but higher quality, and then having a smaller squad which will mean less rotation, and possibly a better chance to see a young face pop up once in a while.  If the policy is sell to buy, I can't see Mascherano staying, and I would expect Kewell to come back on a much smaller salary.  I would also expect Riise and Kuyt to leave possibly Voronin, finally get the money from Villa (or anybody) for Carson.

I agree I would much rather see one quality player in a position rather than two or three average players.  Sure you need backup but we have way too many of those.  I just hope that this summer Rafa fixes this problem, otherwise he'll be digging his own grave.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:15 am

There are rumors going around that we will be getting Gudjohnsen on loan from Barcelona.  I hope that this is true even though the guy is a pr!ck, but he will be a much better partner for Torres than Kuyt.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Lee J wrote:only 3 i'd ship out would be :

1. Sissoko - never really liked his style
2. Kyut - not gonna comment really, he just having a really lean spell but it's costing us
3. Riise - wtf has happened to riise?

Fair play yes , i ageee with u with the sale of sissoko , kuyt but i think we can add crouch , carson , voronin , aurelio .
Keep riise , i don't think he has done much wrong defensively , but tis scoring this season which has been a problem for him .
Like him or not riise has been the only player who has played on the left flank for years without getting injured
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:53 pm

I doubt Gud-diver-Johnson would come here, didn't he slate us in the press once? plus I wouldn't like him in the team, faking that slap that riena apparently did. Players like him give football a bad name, hope that just stays as a rumour!
Hebz

Postby slickrick » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 am

what we're missin is a link man between midfield and attack, obvious to say i know but jus stating the obvious! someone in the totti, diego, deco mould??
the likes of riise, aurelio, kewell, hyypia, kuyt mus go...

zambrotta, quaresma, deco are the players we need,

better off to pay 30 million for 1 good player rather than pay 10 million each for 3 average players
slickrick

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:21 am

slickrick wrote:what we're missin is a link man between midfield and attack, obvious to say i know but jus stating the obvious! someone in the totti, diego, deco mould??
the likes of riise, aurelio, kewell, hyypia, kuyt mus go...

zambrotta, quaresma, deco are the players we need,

better off to pay 30 million for 1 good player rather than pay 10 million each for 3 average players

Or....pay less than £10 million for more players like Hyypia, Hamann, Agger, its not impossible.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:01 am

I'm afraid that we have to find a replacement for Finnan in the summer.  He just doesn't cut it for me anymore and I'm really not convinced with Arbeloa either.  We need at least one world class FB in order to challenge. 

I heard that Rafa is monitoring Maicon's situation, apparently he cannot agree on a new contract with Inter. But a more realistic target would have to be Garay or some unknown player with a lot of potential.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:09 am

Hebz wrote:I doubt Gud-diver-Johnson would come here, didn't he slate us in the press once? plus I wouldn't like him in the team, faking that slap that riena apparently did. Players like him give football a bad name, hope that just stays as a rumour!

That wasn't him, mate--that was Robben. :D  He did, however, dive to get Alonso booked in the first leg of the CL semi back in 2005.  Alonso missed the return tie at Anfield and Gudjohnssen missed a sitter in injury time.  Karma! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:10 am

No, but of course you mention the few that has been that way. In most cases they are failures and cost valuable time, money and effort while at the club, making us stand still and not develop as a club, neither financially or on the pitch, taking up wages and has to be shipped on so new players has to gel with the team. And so on and so on.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion