Where we are at now - Current appraisal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:01 pm

Because we have banged in 6 goals against Norwich and West Brom when the going was easy and the points secured. But when we needed 1's and 2's to secure points against Bolton, Manu, Chelsea, Olympiacos and Deportivo, we were sadly lacking.
Don't hide from the fact, we have a problem up front and currently we have a £14m dud striker.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:58 pm

We need to get to the knock-out stages of the champions league for the next couple of years to earn the extra dosh. Then we will truly close the gap with better players. Remember it was going to take time and it has not passed yet.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:32 pm

We need a long-term replacement in central defence, what happened to the deal involving Coloccini? As for strikers it looks like Mista is coming, he was Valencia's top scorer last year with 19 league goals.I still wish we had dugged our heels in about the Micheal Owen deal and tried to get Eto'o coming this way, he's a quality player and is already joint top scorer in La Liga.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:50 pm

Goalscoring, is more of a problem than defence.
Our current defensive frailties are mostly about set piece defending and our understanding of (or lack of) zonal marking.
If Rafa thought we had an urgent defensive problem he would not be releasing Henchoz.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:52 pm

I reckon we are a couple of world class players away from being good enough to win the title. What we need is a central defender and a front man - i think we can do better than Dudek in goal also....But i think Kirkland will be excellent if given a chance and a run of fitness.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion