DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 pm

If we had the 2014 Sturridge fit all season we would have competed with Chelsea this season. I've stood up for him time and again, but this whole situation is just sad now. I still think we should loan him out rather than sell him; one good season at a premier league club and he's back to being worth 3 times what he's worth now.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 03, 2017 6:26 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 03, 2017 6:56 am

Last summer was our chance to pick up a decent amount. If he is gone this summer i doubt we will make that much. Teams will point out his availability which will reduce his fee.
I do agree with Ace. 1 good season and Studge fee will tripple.
However I'm not sure if he can give a good season anymore. He will probably be out 60-70% of the time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 am

Real shame his career has been unhinged by his glass body. One of the best natural finishers in the league but think clubs are going to be very reluctant to spend any large amounts on him

Fee may be structured ina way where we get paid an initial fee and if he completes a set number of games we get another payment.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Doeboy » Wed May 03, 2017 10:56 am wrote:Real shame his career has been unhinged by his glass body. One of the best natural finishers in the league but think clubs are going to be very reluctant to spend any large amounts on him

Fee may be structured ina way where we get paid an initial fee and if he completes a set number of games we get another payment.

We'll get about £2.45 then
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm

For the money we are going to get for him we are probably better off keeping him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Like Ace said we should loan him out and see how he does, if he gets his form back he can either come back to us or we can sell him for a decent price, his value must be pretty low right now.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm wrote:For the money we are going to get for him we are probably better off keeping him.

Quotes like this baffle me? If a player, any player, is not fit for purpose, then get rid! No passengers aloud!
LFC's success wasnt based on mend and make do, or any type of sympathy. The reason why we won all those trophies and dominated European football for so long was because we were ruthless with players who didnt cut the mustard. Sometimes too ruthless maybe, but sentiment has no part in success at the highest level. Who gives a shiny sh'it about how much money we get? We want the best players, not a good return on our investment.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sat May 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm wrote:For the money we are going to get for him we are probably better off keeping him.

Quotes like this baffle me? If a player, any player, is not fit for purpose, then get rid! No passengers aloud!
LFC's success wasnt based on mend and make do, or any type of sympathy. The reason why we won all those trophies and dominated European football for so long was because we were ruthless with players who didnt cut the mustard. Sometimes too ruthless maybe, but sentiment has no part in success at the highest level. Who gives a shiny sh'it about how much money we get? We want the best players, not a good return on our investment.
:no

He is a good player Thommo, just hardly ever fit. I would agree that it is better to keep and play even as a 5 th striker than sell for cheap because he is never fit. He does play occasionally and it is not my money.
Last edited by kazza on Tue May 16, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon May 15, 2017 5:11 pm

I think Klopp will sell him but Im only on board with that if he is able to purchase a far superior player, not a poorer forward or unproven player with a better injury record.

Sturridge may be an anomaly in the modern game, a forward that likes to run toward than away from goal, or shoot than pass, but hes still a key piece in our current squad.

There are many better forwards than Sturridge but they are expensive and unless FSG are willing to loosen the purse strings releasing Sturridge may be a mistake.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 15, 2017 5:38 pm

I hold my hands up and say I'm completely confused on the Sturridge issue.

When available his class shines through (as demonstrated against West Ham).

BUT ! given we can only name 25 players in our squad selection, can we afford to put a player in there who despite his undoubted ability may (looking at his record) through "injury" be unavailable for 70/80% of the season ?

My head say's   :no  we have to let him go, but sods law we sell the fella and he moves on to have an outstanding (almost injury free) season elsewhere    :(

What do you lads think ? Sell or Keep ???????

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 pm

No one doubts the guys quality. Still one of the best natural finishers in the league. However we simply can't rely on him due to his injuries. If you chasing leagues, cups etc, your main striker can't be someone who breaks down as much as him.

He has definitely lost a yard of pace but he was quite clever with his movement yesterday albeit against a West Ham side whose season was done.  Can argue we can use him of the bench but I think he will want to play regularly and even off the bench you need someone who is fit and ready and unfortunately he has massive question marks over him in that respect.

Personally, I'd sell him for as much as can get and bring in a top quality striker. The only issue is I think clubs are obviously going to be very vary over spending any big on him
Doeboy

Postby only me » Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 pm

I say the exact thing I said at the beginning of this year...Keep him as long as you regard him as your extra backup striker...Yes its a lot of money to spend on a sub but any other decision would be madness considering his injury track record.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Daniel played well against the Hammerz, but at the risk of bursting posters bubbles (pardon the pun ) West Hams defence made a player who couldn't outrun a Dyson look fast. I mean let's not get carried away here, Sturridge is clearly talented but he's like a friend who turns up at a party and is the life and soul/ centre stage an all-consuming force of nature and the next time you call him his wife tells you he's been sectioned for clinical depression.

It's time to get rid and move on from a player who's never around when there's a party crying out for him  :glare:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion