DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Off for soo long with  tight calf.. hmm.

Worst is his not even in training. We really needed Studge esp with all the fixtures ahead of us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 am

Someone in here said we have to treat him as a luxury player and he was absolutely right. If he's fit it's merely a bonus, nothing more.

Klopp will get rid as soon as it's practical to do so - can't see it happening in January
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 am

I fit Studge will always be immense help if we are two compete for trophies this season. I'm reallg hoping the lad stays fit from now will end of the season.
Pleny of important games to feature in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 pm

redshade » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 am wrote:I fit Studge will always be immense help if we are two compete for trophies this season. I'm reallg hoping the lad stays fit from now will end of the season.
Pleny of important games to feature in.

A fit and in form Sturridge will not only be an immense help but should be our lead striker. He is one of the best strikers in the league when on form.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:31 pm

This could just be perfect timing for Studge to step in. We've got Southampton double EFL semi also the FA cup and crucially our tough fixtures in EPl for the next coupe of months.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 am

I was hoping to see him play in the cup games. Seems like another trip to the docs..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:38 am

Maybe Gerrard being back will make Sturridge happier to stay. Gerrard's been telling him to fight for his place at Liverpool. At least there will be a mentor figure at the club for him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am

Got to be careful there, SG cannot cross from Academy issues to first team and undermine the manager, it's not his role.

Stevie has to knuckle down and focus purely on the Academy. It would be nice to see Carra come back and help Stevie!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Reg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:51 am wrote:Got to be careful there, SG cannot cross from Academy issues to first team and undermine the manager, it's not his role.

Stevie has to knuckle down and focus purely on the Academy. It would be nice to see Carra come back and help Stevie!

Not really crossing mate... what i meant is that if Sturridge needed someone for advise or talk to, he could always seek out Stevie. I think it's a good influence. Last time I checked, Donald Trump hasnt yet set foot on Anfield yet and there is no Wall between the Academy and first team  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Thats 'cos you're looking in the wrong direction, it's a bamboo curtain - a Chinese wall!   ;-)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Reg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:51 am wrote:Got to be careful there, SG cannot cross from Academy issues to first team and undermine the manager, it's not his role.

This

I read Stevie saying that Sturridge was hard done by in the last match as the midfielders gave him no service  ??? . If you make great runs, you'll get better service.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:27 pm

kazza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:11 pm wrote:

This

I read Stevie saying that Sturridge was hard done by in the last match as the midfielders gave him no service  ??? . If you make great runs, you'll get better service.

Sounds like he was being kind to Sturridge. As much as I rate him, I think Sturridge has to move on. His style of play and workrate isn't a fit for Klopp and I think our manager is unimpressed with some of the injuries he's had either.

Pity. On his day, he's one of the best finishers in the league, but it just isn't happening for him anymore and a fresh start in another league would be the best for all round. Because he will always score goals and the last thing we will want to do is sell him to the likes of Spurs, Arsenal or the Chavs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 pm

He can go to Stoke for all I care. Not the player he was a few years ago.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:06 pm

That miss was dreadful. He should have buried that. The ball was nicely set for him and he fekin booted it over.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 am

Think Sturridge is a brilliant finisher (even though he had a night to forget yesterday) but as a modern day forward he doesnt offer enough of an all round game, especially when you consider we play one up front.

You look at the current top scorers with the likes of Ibrahimovic, Costa, Sanchez and Kane and in terms of finishing Sturridge is up there with them and arguably even better than some of those mentioned but their all round games are miles ahead of Sturridge imo. Coupled with the fact injuries have taken their toll on him, sadly I think he is probably someone best off coming off the bench. We need to look for a strker who gives us goals with an all round game.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion