Trent Alexander-Arnold official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 pm wrote:Agreed
He just needs to stop being as bad as he was yesterday
:nod

Wasn't any worse than Robertson to TBH. Neither were great but neither were awful either.

Got a long way to go with his defending but Trent really does have the potential to be one of the best right backs in Europe.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 am

His crossing was dire and every time he hit it down the line it went to a newcastle player. His touch was awful and he didnt look confident or happy and overall it was one of the worst performances I have seen him give.
But he has definitely got potential
:cool:
Thommo's perm

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 am

Great ability going forward , needs to study video analysis of his defensive errors though, often in the wrong position. Phil Neal spoke highly of him but he’s not in that class, engage the brain and he could be a maldini
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 pm

I dont take pleasure saying this because I really feel sorry for the kid, but he had a Fu*king nightmare there today and got dry bum fu'cked twice by the same player from the same move. After that he should have been brought off earlier because he was even less use than before the goals went in. Im fuming with the manager for not doing anything to help the lad, mainly by putting him out of his misery quicker.
Needs a real wake up call now and a proper talking to with analysis of his continued mistakes before he loses any confidence he has left
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Dreadful performance that cost us the game.  We need defenders that can defend.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Klopp thinks he's the complete article by putting him in for these big matches. I made a point of starting Gomez there instead, but Jurgen wasn't reading this forum it seems.

His weakness is he is a bit static defensive and slow to turn/ backtrack, as proved so today.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:26 pm

His inexperience showed today, especially for the first goal, shouldn't have been fooled like that by Rashford. However, he's only 19 and he will learn from this. I'm happy with him being second choice RB once Clyne returns.

Lovren is the one that finally needs to get the boot, there's no hope for that guy anymore IMO. He's not the worst defender, he can have a good game every now and then, but he's too prone to these brain dead moments, he isn't composed enough and is too much of a liability and that's exactly what we DON'T need if we want to improve our defence.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:30 pm

I expect brainfarts from Lovren, but Im starting to expect them from TAA.
Turned his back like a proper sh'ithouse for the second goal
:angry:
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Young lad, has done plenty of good things mixed in with some poor stuff. Young defenders are always liable to make a mistake or two while learning the game and there is nowhere to hide. Mourinho pretty much played Rashford to occupy TAA and it worked. Struggling to be too hard on the lad to be honest. Lovren on the other hand..
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Inexperienced. It just showed. Why Klopp played him baffled me.
He's overrated currently. He isn't world class. The lad is a youth team player and Klopp is throwing him in at the deep end.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:Inexperienced. It just showed. Why Klopp played him baffled me.
He's overrated currently. He isn't world class. The lad is a youth team player and Klopp is throwing him in at the deep end.

"Well Klopp obviously fancies him to start big matches. How can our manager be wrong, and you be right?"
BOOM!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby aCe' » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Has a big future ahead of him. He’s been a big positive this season
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 am

Him and Rashford probably know each other, may have even played together at England youth level. Rashford was playing possessed against us since he had not played for so long, Southgate was watching and he is a Manc. It just fell right for him that day and he played above his level so I would not butcher Trent for the performance in the first half.

I agree that he has a bright future and he has been a positive this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm

It was an elementary mistake for the first goal. You just don't stand that close to the touchline from a goal kick. You stand closer to your CB and ensure the wide player is on your outside. And when the CB steps out 10 yards to go for a header you tuck further in and take a step back to cut out the space.

Outside of the fact that Trent is only 19 and has only played about 30 games for us, people need to keep in mind that he is also adjusting to playing right back having played in midfield for almost the entirety of his youth career. I really hope that Klopp continues to invest in him this season as he could be our answer to RB for the next 15 years.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:25 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:Inexperienced. It just showed. Why Klopp played him baffled me.

"Well Klopp obviously fancies him to start big matches. How can our manager be wrong, and you be right?"
BOOM!
:laugh:

Don't feed the troll. It's what they live for!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion