Transfers 2017/2018 In and out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:20 pm

All of this sends a bad message to the youngsters who look promising. Kent, Woodburn, Ejaria, Ojo and others will be even further away from game time.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 am

Some are questioning our decision to sign AOC and tho I do not rate him that highly, but seeing that managers such as Wenger, Conti and Klopp all wanted him to be in their team, they must have obviously seen something special in him. And with AOC rejecting a sizable chunk of money (£60,000 per week) and Chelsea's overture and instead wanting to join us, I think it's only fair if the fans give me the backing and support when he put in the red shirt.

Welcome aboard Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:39 am

I won't complain as we need more depth but 35-40 million pounds should be first team material you would think.
killerp

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:06 am

Franky000 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:56 pm wrote:What do you guys think of the Chamberlain signing?

I think we've overpaid but that's more indicative of the market these days...

I like the fact he turned down the flag wavers for us. Like Llalana I think he will improve drastically under kloppo, but for now he provides very handy backup for what we've got. The pace we have in the squad is frightening...I think this season will hammer home the meaning of 'Death by football'.

Thought we'd dodged a bullet when it looked like he might go to Chelsea.

Two seasons ago I would have been happy to see him join us as he looked a real up and comer, but he hasn't kicked on and when you would think he be trying to impress Klopp and the Kop on Sunday his performance was woeful.

Obviously Klopp has seen something in him, can only hope he comes good with us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:24 am

Santa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 am wrote:Some are questioning our decision to sign AOC and tho I do not rate him that highly, but seeing that managers such as Wenger, Conti and Klopp all wanted him to be in their team, they must have obviously seen something special in him. And with AOC rejecting a sizable chunk of money (£60,000 per week) and Chelsea's overture and instead wanting to join us, I think it's only fair if the fans give me the backing and support when he put in the red shirt.

Welcome aboard Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Well said mate. The negativity on this forum is bewildering. Apart from Karius the players that have been bought since Klopp joined us have all looked very good. Matip for nothing,Solanke for buttons, Robertson and Grujic both for less than £10m  all look as if they have a lot to offer. Mané could turn out to be the new Suarez and Salah is looking very good and they both cost under £40m. Time to keep the faith lads. Klopp has got a seriously good record in the transfer market. You don't have to go any further than BD for evidence of that.

I remember when Xavi Alonso was leaving Liverpool people questioned his stats. He didn't score goals and he had very few assists to his name. THAT TELLS ME ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STATS !!

Bit of fkg positivity would be good for a change lads. We welcome players on board at Liverpool and give them a chance.  We don't castigate them before they've had the chance to even kick a ball. I despair at times.

WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL OX !! YNWA

And just one final note: DOESN'T IT FEEL GOOD SHOVING ONE UP ABRAMAVICH'S CHELSEA !!
Last edited by devaney on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am

This will be the craziest transfer deadline day in history. Watch this space. Draxler, Mahrez, Chamberlain, A.Sanchez, Coutinho, and a few more are going to be moving from/to top6 clubs in the league. Hopefully Van Dijk is also on that list, he'd be by far the best signing we can make this window.

Realistically, none of the players we've signing so far (Salah, Chamberlain, Solanke, Robertson) are good enough to improve our starting 11 when everyone is fit.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

That's Sakho off then....however the bbc are saying Van Dyke is remaining at STN. Sakho is a dumb ***** but a dumb ***** is better than no *****
Franky000

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 pm

aCe' » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am wrote:This will be the craziest transfer deadline day in history.

:D sadly it wasn't mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:41 pm

I know this one isn't headline grabbing but Ryan Kent has joined German side SC Freiburg on a season long loan.

I'm all for sending these young lads out to decent foreign leagues for experience, as opposed to championship level clubs in England where they might learn to graft but are left lacking a bit tactically...
Franky000

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:25 am

Sakho and Ox added on OP.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:17 am

So we added several attacking options and only strenghthened one out of 3 weaknesses, which is the LB robertson.
I rate this transfer window B-. And that is because we added Keita for next year. If it werent for that transfer I would rate it a C+.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:26 am

An entire transfer window to negotiate the signings of players that would take us to the next level and a reported 200 million war chest ,and we finish it with Robertson,Salah Solanke and f*cking Chamberlain....... bordering on shameful .  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:01 am

Kinell RBG we spend nearly £100m net including Keita who you have conveniently ignored and you think it is shameful  :help

FSG also tell Barca to do one and AOC chooses us over a better offer from Chelsea.

I guess you are in a permanent state of despair because we have sold Lucas. Come on mate it's not all doom and gloom.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:14 am

It's been a good window imo, keeping Coutinho was huge, apart from Messi there's no one in world football who can play that central attacking midfielder role better than him so keeping him was absolutely massive.
Salah looks a great bit of business too, there are probably flashier wide players but he suits our system perfectly, his pace, work ethic, ability to make intelligent runs and goal poachers instinct have improved a front line that already looked very good.
The club played a blinder getting Keita as well, that deal looked dead in the water but the club thought on their feet and came up with an ingenious solution to get a player the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich wanted themselves.
Oxlade-Chamberlain could be another Mane type signing as well, it's easy to forget now but a lot of our fans (me included) were somewhat underwhelmed when Sadio arrived but he has gone on to become one of the best players in the league. Jurgen has had his eye on AOC since his Dortmund days just like he had his eye on Sadio when he was playing in Austria.
Jurgen knows better than anyone the type of player that fits his system and he seems convinced AOC is just what he is looking for so who are we to argue?
Yes missing out on a CB was disappointing but no way could this window be described as poor or anything remotely like that.
Anyway the window is closed now so it's time to forget about signings and all that palaver, it's time to get down to business.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:52 pm

devaney » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 am wrote:Kinell RBG we spend nearly £100m net including Keita who you have conveniently ignored and you think it is shameful  :help

FSG also tell Barca to do one and AOC chooses us over a better offer from Chelsea.

I guess you are in a permanent state of despair because we have sold Lucas. Come on mate it's not all doom and gloom.

I omitted Keita because for this season he's a Leipzig player, 'listen' before this window opened we knew and the manager knew that glaring deficiencies in this squad needed to be addressed ,those were notably a solid addition at CB and a proven DM to rectify the soft underbelly that left us exposed last season and arguably a striker.

I personally feel cheated by the club in yet another window that promised 'so much' only to be allowed to pass with less impact than a boner in a f*cking fat suit . Its a disgrace and 'anyone' either fan or hardened Kopite who presents a different slant on a frankly pathetic window is just adding to the people conned by making themselves part of this duplicitous game the club is playing with the fans. As for Coutinho the situation is simplistic enough if he had gesticulated that he wanted to leave earlier in the window then in my mind he would be gone !!! The truth is we never had options open to us to replace him because of his request being so ridiculously late,so the club would never sell him on in those conditions, the facts are he will be sold next season and I doubt we will still have a suitable replacement even earmarked, well not one we could conceivably prise away from their respective clubs.

I think imo one of the worst scenarios that could come to fruition in this window has sadly already evolved and that's the signing of a player who has frustrated the life out of Arsenal fans for five years ,five years with no noticeable improvement,I keep hearing the manager transforms players but for that to happen there needs to be a semblance of a brain in tune with the game  ???  My apologies if I cant get excited about 35 million being spent on that particular player,I haven't been this enthused with our  recruitment drive since Poulsen arrived.

In summary ,all clubs 'with ambition' pay over the odds for players that will transform their fortunes, so maybe if we had offered that 35 million we spunked on the above  on top of the asking price when the window opened for Van Dyke and Lemar we would have had a different tale to tell.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion