Transfers 2016/17 In and Out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed May 10, 2017 8:20 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:36 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm wrote:Klopp has said a few times we need to sign SIX players in the summer...

There would appear to be a few U23's playing very well all season. I would hope for them and for others behind them who want to have a future at the club, that they are given game time next season. In theory that's what the youth set up is for surely...

Yup in theory, sadly these days its rare a youth player makes it big with us. Last one was Sterling and prior to him we could go over a decade with SG.
Will Woodburn make it?? Talent is there so i hope he does but i have my doubts.
Usually its the rare gems that make it big, youth players that need time to mould sadly end up elsewhere or are just not good enough.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Been listening and reading through Klopps pressers this week and a bit concerned about the summer.

Klopps suggesting there are very few players that could improve us and we are talking to them, hopefully hes bluffing but it all feels like weve seen this film before, not prepared to pay top dollar then using availabilty as an excuse.

Every player including our own is for sale, it just smacks of buying more squad fillers than upgrading the first team, something that has been the downfall of Klopps predecessors.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Will the yanks give him the dosh to compete for top class talent , doubt it .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sat May 20, 2017 1:17 am

So what do people realistically expect to happen in the summer.

Seeing as we made a profit of about £15-20M last summer, how much do we have to spend? Hazard a guess at £50M plus whatever money we can generate from player sales. Assuming we are in the champions league ( :buttrock ) we will need to add quality and without moving too many players along. Here's my wishlist ...

Goalkeeper - no change. mignolet strong finish to the season, good back up in loris, more critical areas need strengthening.

Right back - no change. trent to push clyne hard for a starting place next season

Left Back - sell Moreno - buy a starting left back such as Bertrand or Jonas Hector to go straight in and improve our defence and buy an understudy such as Sessegnon/Chilwell/Andrew Robertson, someone satisfied to not start but 'one for the future' / worthy of a place in defence when called upon. Spend £20M + £10M

CB - Lovren and Matip is looking a decent partnership - the problem is cover. Klavan is not reliable and Lucas tries but is not a CB, not height wise and not positionally when defending. Spend £25M on a replacement for Sakho to compete with Lovren and Matip, Michael Keane gets my vote - low risk, chance to step up a level - not keen on the idea of spending the reported £50M for Van Dijk, doutful that he would chose us over some of the other clubs reportedly interested. Either ditch Klavan and keep Gomez as 4th choice or keep Klavan 4th choice and send Gomez on a PL loan for first team experience.

DM - high priority - agree with some of the posters on here who say we need a kante or a wanyama type destroyer to protect our defense. this could be Emre but unfortunately he Can be very unreliable. All the talk is Naby Keita, assume he is first choice if we can get him but Klopp will be lucky to steal him off of Leipzig now they have champions league football next season. Spend £35M

Left Attacking - wide and fast winger required - coutinho will move into the centre at times next season to wreak havoc as per west ham game last week. julian brandt / keita diao or another. £25M

Right Attacking - no change. Mane fit hopefully terrorising defences

Strikers - not priority with Firmino first choice. Origi, Ings, Woodburn as cover

Players OUT:
Sakho - £20M - decent CB but i cant see him ever playing for klopp again. big sam will offer £20 in the summer - maybe someone bigger will come in for him from abroad - price could rise if a few interested
Moreno - £8M - not a good defender. we'll have to take a loss on what we paid for him to move him along
Sturridge - £25M - not sure who'll buy studge and it will be sad to see him go but hes not reliable at all and a dead weight in our squad - if we can get a decent fee for him he is gone. even when fit he is not first choice anyway with klopp selecting firmino ahead of him and at times origi
Markovic - £8M - done himself no harm playing at hull recently, scored some goals - surely now's the best time to find him a new home
5M - some squad / younger players that are not quite of the standard required

Total Sales = a fairly conservative £65M plus the £15M from last summer = £80M

Players IN:
Michael Keane £25 or another CB to compete with Matip & Lovren
Bertrand / Hector £20 or another first choice LB
Robertson £8 or another second choice LB
Naby Keita £35 or another first choice DM
Julian Brandt / Keita Diao £25 or another first choice wide left attacker

Total Purchases = £115M

Net Spend = £35M

New Contract - for Lucas - because he loves Liverpool

Lineup for Next Season:

Attacking:

Mignolet
Clyne Matip Keane Bertrand
              Naby Keita
        Coutinho Lallana
Mane                     Keita Diao
              Firmino

Bench: From Karius, Trent, Lovren, Robertson, Can, Hendo, Milner, Wijnaldum, Origi

Defensive:

Mignolet
Clyne Matip Keane Bertrand
      Naby Keita Wijnaldum
               Hendo
Mane                     Coutinho
              Firmino

Bench: From Karius, Trent, Lovren, Robertson, Can, Lallana, Milner, Keita Diao, Origi

Is that too many midfielders? - Sell Emre if a big bid comes in. He's improving but not a consistent performer
ken_job

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 20, 2017 9:51 am

parchpea » Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 pm wrote:Been listening and reading through Klopps pressers this week and a bit concerned about the summer.

Klopps suggesting there are very few players that could improve us and we are talking to them, hopefully hes bluffing but it all feels like weve seen this film before, not prepared to pay top dollar then using availabilty as an excuse.

Every player including our own is for sale, it just smacks of buying more squad fillers than upgrading the first team, something that has been the downfall of Klopps predecessors.

Meanwhile some reports say

The Anfield club have reportedly had a £64.6m bid rejected for Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe and been linked with moves for Roma winger Mohamed Salah, Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk and Fulham left-back Ryan Sessegnon.

If true, it suggests Klopp/LFC are prepared to spend some serious cash this summer window.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 20, 2017 10:14 am

Players OUT:
Sakho - £20M - decent CB but i cant see him ever playing for klopp again. big sam will offer £20 in the summer - maybe someone bigger will come in for him from abroad - price could rise if a few interested
Moreno - £8M - not a good defender. we'll have to take a loss on what we paid for him to move him along
Sturridge - £25M - not sure who'll buy studge and it will be sad to see him go but hes not reliable at all and a dead weight in our squad - if we can get a decent fee for him he is gone. even when fit he is not first choice anyway with klopp selecting firmino ahead of him and at times origi
Markovic - £8M - done himself no harm playing at hull recently, scored some goals - surely now's the best time to find him a new home
5M - some squad / younger players that are not quite of the standard required

Think this is a bit conservative TBH

According to reports, we're demanding £30m for Sakho and there are no shortage of takers (although he'll probably stay at Palace)
Markovic is also linked to West Ham for £16m
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Good post Ken.
Personally im not that keen (excuse the pun) on Keane, I understand that he'd be coming in as cover for Matip and Lovren but I do think we need an upgrade at CB, besides selling Sakho to bring in Keane would be a backward step in terms of squad strength imo.
Personally I'd go for that Greek lad playing for Roma, Manolas.
Manolas, Keita, Sessegnon (who impressed me in the recent play offs) and a bit of cover out wide like Traore/Redmond would constitute a good summer imo.

Mingolet

Clyne.                   Matip.             MANOLAS.             SESSEGNON

KEITA.             Hendo

Coutinho

Mane.                                  TRAORE/REDMOND

Firmino

Something like that would do me for next season, with the likes of Lallana, Sturridge, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Milner etc playing a big role too fighting it out for a starting berth. Everything would be up for grabs, if you are in form you get the shirt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Mbappe http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-13061403 

Not a fooking chance of FSG spending that kind of money on a player  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 21, 2017 12:35 am

Zero chance of Mbappe signing. Marca come out with a lot of ***** imo and have their own agenda on behalf of Madrid. Think Real are probably vary of being dragged into an auction for the lad. Let's be honest, if we were to bid £64-65m, you can bet your bottom dollar, City, Utd, Real etc will trump that. Echo already saying is on our radar(like he would be for most clubs) but talk of a bid is nonsense.

Yes no doubt he would probably be on our radar and we would love to have him but that boat has sailed and FSG are not the type to get dragged into an auction for a player with the likes of Real, City, Utd etc, which in Mbappe's case will almost certainly happen. By all accounts the lad isn't pressing for a move, more a case that of a big bid convincing Monaco to part with him and £64-65m is not going to do it thanks to Monaco knowing there are clubs out there who will pay more, especially when the likes of City are paying £50million for the likes of John Stones
Doeboy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion