Transfers 2016/17 In and Out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ken_job » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:30 pm

So we have four days left of the window, we've done quite well in recouping our £30M on Benteke but what is our priority. Like most I am uncomfortable with our left back situation and defensive failings. My shout is Hull's Andrew Robertson, looked solid marking Mahrez in the first game of the season, young and attacks well but predominantly a DEFENDER. How else could/should we spend our money in the remaining days of the window?
ken_job

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:19 pm

We seem to be spending more time trying to sell players than we are bringing players we need in.

Regarding Sakho, I still think he's better than people give him credit. I'm sure a lot of clubs in the league and abroad will line up to take him but I'd want him to stay and compete with Lovren for a spot. Gomez is untested and I have serious reservations about Klavan. Instead of looking to loan out Sakho who has tons of experience, I'd rather we loan out Gomez who needs the game time to develop.

I'd also keep Markovic, who is probably the only player we have in the squad who offers width  besides Mane. Lucas/Henderson I dont see the need for having both. Can starts ahead of both and we also have Stewart in reserve. Ahead of them, all of Wijnaldum, Lallana, Milner, Grujic are options in CM but not necessarily great ones.

Out:
Gomez (loan)
Ilori
Wisdom
Lucas
L.Alberto
Chirivella (loan)
Brannagan or Stewart (loan)
Balotelli

IN:
LB
CM
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Updated. Wow Fsg are pocketing some good money.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:51 pm

Our transfers concluded when we signed Wijnaldum. Expect a quite last day. Maybe few more departures though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:09 pm

All prem teams were expected to pocket £81million through this tv deal with sky/bt this season.. We have profited  £15million in transfers. So what the hell is happening? We have £96 million just there waiting to be spent or has that money gone towards building costs on the new stand?

We now have a stronger 11 but a weaker squad. Do we really think we've bridged the gap on the teams that finished above us? Because reality is we haven't.. and we'll be having the same argument next year when we once again have no champions league football and are unable to attract our targets again.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:50 pm

Liverpool FC exodus is now a record breaker
31 AUG 2016

Departures from Anfield now match the high of 2015

Commence operation Anfield exodus. With news that Mario Balotelli, finally, has been offloaded comes a piece of Liverpool history.
In signing for Nice on a free transfer, the Italian became the 13th player to depart the Reds in this transfer window.

Only once before in Liverpool's 124-year history have so many players left the club during a summer. That was in 2005, when the departures included European Cup winners Milan Baros, Vladimir Smicer, Antonio Nunez and Igor Biscan.

This summer, Liverpool have signed six players in total, but it has been outgoings which have dominated.
The Reds released Kolo Toure and Jose Enrique, and saw youngsters Joao Teixeira, Jordan Rossiter and Jerome Sinclair leave at the end of their contracts. Sergi Canos, Martin Skrtel and Jordon Ibe left within 24 hours of each other in July, and were followed out the door by Joe Allen and Brad Smith before the season began.

Crystal Palace's Christian Benteke during the Premier League match at Selhurst Park, London. Scott Heavey/PA Wire.
Once it had started, Christian Benteke joined Crystal Palace, while deadline day saw Balotelli join Luis Alberto in moving away.

Additionally, the Reds have secured loan deals for eight players, including Jon Flanagan, Allan Rodrigues de Souza and Ryan Kent.

The debate over whether Liverpool have done enough in the market will continue, but this has been a record-equalling summer for the Reds – in one way at least.

2016 departures
Jose Enrique (released) Free
Kolo Toure (Celtic) Free
Jordan Rossiter (Rangers) £250,000
Joao Carlos Teixeira (FC Porto) £250,000
Jerome Sinclair (Watford) £4m
Martin Skrtel (Fenerbahce) £5.5m
Sergi Canos (Norwich) £2.5m
Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth) £15m
Brad Smith (Bournemouth) £3m
Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace) £27m
Joe Allen (Stoke) £13m
Luis Alberto (Lazio) £4.3m
Mario Balotelli (Nice) Free

2005 departures
Vladimir Smicer (Bordeaux) Free
El Hadji Diouf (Bolton) £3.5m
Mauricio Pellegrino (Alaves) Free
Alou Diarra (Lens) £2m
Jon Otsemobor (Rotherham) Free
Igor Biscan (Released) Free
Mark Smyth (Released) Free
Paul Harrison (Released) Free
Richie Partridge (Released) Free
Patrice Luzi (Released) Free
Gregory Vignal (Portsmouth) Free
Antonio Nunez (Celta Vigo) £2m
Milan Baros (Aston Villa) £6.5m
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:17 am

None of the players on the 2005 list did anything of note after they left and were rightfully moved on. Same could be said for the 2016 list ( I would have liked to have kept Sinclair and Ibe) but only time will tell whether it was good business.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Net spend increases with Thiago sale.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 am

Yep, £3.75m deal to Reading.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:37 am

Will increase even more when we get rid of Sakho. Apparently PSG are interested in taking him back. Their club president has been telling the press how much he rates him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:18 am

If we have a thin squad, we have only ourselves to blame... releasing/ selling so many players without mych incoming... Hopefully this indicates there will be much more re-building by JK as he sees fit! and not a result of FSG trying to trim the wage bill.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 10, 2017 7:17 am

Season is almost over so i guess we can make a judgement on our signings.
Rate out of 10.

Marko Grujic- Hard to make judgement as his rarely played. Seems to have potential though.

Joel Matip- Strong lad, commands the backline. We need another like him.
8/10

Loris Karius- Decent keeper, needs more time. 6/10

Sadio Mane- Best signing of the summer. Without him we lack pace and width. 10/10

Ragnar Klavan- His had more bad games than good. We need better cover defenders. 4/10

Wijnaldum- Performed consistently well, works very hard. 7/10

Alexander Manninger- Can't judge as like Grujić his rarely played.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed May 10, 2017 9:41 am

redshade » Wed May 10, 2017 6:17 am wrote:Season is almost over so i guess we can make a judgement on our signings.
Rate out of 10.

Marko Grujic- Hard to make judgement as his rarely played. Seems to have potential though.

Joel Matip- Strong lad, commands the backline. We need another like him.
8/10

Loris Karius- Decent keeper, needs more time. 6/10

Sadio Mane- Best signing of the summer. Without him we lack pace and width. 10/10

Ragnar Klavan- His had more bad games than good. We need better cover defenders. 4/10

Wijnaldum- Performed consistently well, works very hard. 7/10

Alexander Manninger- Can't judge as like Grujić his rarely played.

Out of this bunch 3 are starters with a relative good return ,the other 3 if you consider they are reserves are also reasonable....Remember Klavan was bought as a 4th CB....
The problem is that we needed at least 4 more quality starters signings.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Klopp has said a few times we need to sign SIX players in the summer...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:36 pm

7_Kewell » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm wrote:Klopp has said a few times we need to sign SIX players in the summer...

There would appear to be a few U23's playing very well all season. I would hope for them and for others behind them who want to have a future at the club, that they are given game time next season. In theory that's what the youth set up is for surely...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion